C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

03 z06 on the corn fuel

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 03:37 PM
idontknow
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default 03 z06 on the corn fuel

Well finally got the car ready for the dyno. Went today and found out I have a coupling issue where the maf is. It keeps blowing the pipe off. Also the dyno wide band wasnt reading correctly so the car is still rich. 758/640tq

Details
Stock ls6
D1 @ 15psi
E85
Innovative overdrive balancer
ID1000
Ragin racing Twin pump set yp
Arun's jam cam
Flip drive
Billettech altenator
Attached Images  
Old 07-24-2014, 03:58 PM
FourG63 97GST
Melting Slicks

Received 350 Likes on 191 Posts

oh my, wont be needing these

Old 07-24-2014, 04:15 PM
Smoove
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

On that fuel you probably have a lot more left in it but, very very nice,...
Old 07-24-2014, 04:15 PM
Shoaf85
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Nice power numbers

curious, what is the injector duty cycle and base fuel psi?
Old 07-24-2014, 06:53 PM
idontknow
Burning Brakes

Its at 10.8-11.1 which is rich for e85. The base fuel pressure is 60psi on a 1:1 reg. My tuner said the injector duty cycle is around 70%
Old 07-24-2014, 11:09 PM
Water_Walker
Burning Brakes

Received 70 Likes on 45 Posts

Thnanks for sharing. A few questions as I was thinking about this idea myself:

1. What size injectors are you running to get them at 70%

2. Stock tranny and diff?

3. No headers?

4. Anything special done to run e85?
Old 07-25-2014, 06:28 AM
idontknow
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Water_Walker
Thnanks for sharing. A few questions as I was thinking about this idea myself:

1. What size injectors are you running to get them at 70%

2. Stock tranny and diff?

3. No headers?

4. Anything special done to run e85?
injector dynamics 1000

Stock tranny and diff

Yes it has long tubes

Just a new fuel system

Going to fix my piping issue and then I may or may not get her leaned out. She is super safe with only 12 degrees of timing. My iat's were not that bad but getting up there. Gonna turn the meth on just to cool everything down, not gonna be done as a fuel just for cooling.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:44 AM
Z06supercharged
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice numbers...but a couple comments...Don't take em wrong way its constructive criticism..

OP made comment dyno WB wasnt reading correctly so its still rich (who tunes a car with a WB not reading correctly and calibration off?)
OP stated piping has been blowing off and I'm sure probably leaking before actual blowing off (why wasnt this fixed before tuning?).
OP commented adding meth in the mix with no retune. What size and how many nozzles as this is gonna vary afrs up to a whole point and since current tune done without a correct reading working WB to even know where the hell you are with afrs where they gonna be with meth???

Did tuner explain or even know what caused the hp dip wave starting at 5800, picking back up till 6300 then dip waves again till 6600? Whats going on there?
AFR graph starting at 4700 on looks like the Beach Boys could surf on it its too wavy.... Tune needs to be fixed cause AFR past 4700 is whacko not consistent.
Printout states a highest 12.78 afr at 5500? really? Wait, dyno WB was not reading correctly and showing too rich so 12.78 is actually too rich at 5500? Wow that's major whacko

I'm sure tuner knows there are problems with tune just by looking at graph, but this surely wasnt final tune/dyno graph he let car out with was it?

Id wager you still have MAF tune because its pretty obvious by graph maf has maxed out at 5200 and tuner dont know how to tune afr's well past MAF max 5200 point (basically tuner should have told you your maf is useless past 5200 per your chart data and should have advised you go with SD mafless tune). Your afrs past 5200 will never be consistent or reliable with a MAF on your setup (MAF tune can be done as i kept my maf tune with 850 rwhp with maf maxed at 4800 just to see if it could be done but it was a PITA getting it right with countless constant logging and adjusting table constantly and especially with ambient temp swings summer to winter). Unless you tune and log constantly I wouldn't advise keeping maf if its being maxed out at anything under 6000. Your tuner should easily be able to smooth out the afr's past 4700 if he knows what hes doing, otherwise ditch the MAF tune and go speed density if he cant get afr exactly the same all the way across.

OP mentioned in another thread his tuner doesn't like SD tunes because of ambient temp changes the afrs can be inconsistent, BUT with MAF tune with maf maxing out say at 5200 rpms afrs past that point will be all over with temp changes much more so than an SD tune. Anything past maf max point afrs cant be controlled well at all because at WOT the power enrich table table is being "tricked/raped" to achieve the desired afr related to rpm only and not receiving any maf feedback for air density/pressure calculations applied to appropriate tables for afr target calculations and any temp variation even as little as 10 degrees and they easily wander greatly. Its just not good at all trying to get a desired afr with a maxed maf.

Ok I think that covers the obvious....

Wow......

Last edited by Z06supercharged; 07-25-2014 at 12:04 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:54 AM
idontknow
Burning Brakes

Car only made 4 pulls yesterday and blew the pipe off 3 times. It wasn't fixed before due to not hitting boost as car wasn't tuned.
we could have stayed there and fixed the pipe 20 more times or call it a day with a safe tune and then go back after the pipes are fixed. The meth is an alchy kit where you can control it so it will be adjusted to not flood the intake with extra fuel. I have a wide band in the car that was being logged since the ine on the dyno was ****ed up. I was there all day and the tuner is a friend of mine and doesn't want to waste my money or time on fixing a damn pipe after every run when the tune is 75% done and real safe.

Car will be retuned after we fix the pipe issue. Just might not be on the dyno.
Old 07-26-2014, 12:41 PM
Gregster
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What does Ragin racing Twin pump set up and your fuel system consist of?
Old 07-26-2014, 02:02 PM
idontknow
Burning Brakes

2 walbro 225's
Mini fuel lab 1:1 reg.
Holley fuel rains.
Fore innovative fuel filter

2 -6's to filter, -8 up to the split for the rails, -8 off each rail to reg, then a -6 return

Get notified of new replies

To 03 z06 on the corn fuel

Quick Reply: 03 z06 on the corn fuel