C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help with vortech sc , A+A kit installed

Old 07-19-2014, 08:59 PM
Z06 Sleeper
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with vortech sc , A+A kit installed

hello , I am a new member and am enjoying this community very much , a lot of great info and a lot of experience , I am almost embarrassed to ask this question but ... I cant find the blow off valve on my Vortec V2 A+A kit installed by Vengeance in Atlanta , I was cleaning up the engine bay and was checking filters and fluids , I wanted to check/clean/change the BOV filter but as I say , I cant find it , I know where it should be and of course some of the areas are a bit tight/busy so perhaps I just cant see it easily , any help would be appreciated , thanks and have a great day
Old 07-19-2014, 09:25 PM
Cutlassmaster
Burning Brakes

Received 107 Likes on 84 Posts

Would assume it would be under the pass headlight area if you have the large single intercooler. Look at any vacuum lines that may lead down to it.
Chris
Old 07-19-2014, 11:42 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

It depends on the age of the system. Newer systems are under the passenger headlight as mentioned above.

Older ones have been in various places, but always installed on the charge pipe between the supercharger and intercooler.

Regardless of where it's installed, there is no need to clean it. It's a self cleaning scenario since the blower blows out that filter, it'll be blowing out any particles and the filter isn't protecting anything. It's for noise control.

Welcome to the party.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:39 PM
Z06 Sleeper
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thank you guys , I found it as you said under Pass headlight

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
It depends on the age of the system. Newer systems are under the passenger headlight as mentioned above.

Older ones have been in various places, but always installed on the charge pipe between the supercharger and intercooler.

Regardless of where it's installed, there is no need to clean it. It's a self cleaning scenario since the blower blows out that filter, it'll be blowing out any particles and the filter isn't protecting anything. It's for noise control.

Welcome to the party.
looks like best access is via the front pass tire wheelwell , while I am at it do you guys have any recommendations as to keeping engine bay pristine, ? steam , ? products to spray on and hose off , ?? , thanks again

Get notified of new replies

To help with vortech sc , A+A kit installed

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: help with vortech sc , A+A kit installed