C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swap 2 bar MAP Before Re-tune?

Old 07-18-2014, 08:47 PM
RoccoC5
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Swap 2 bar MAP Before Re-tune?

Hi All, I'm switching over to a speed density tune. Can I swap in my 2 bar MAP sensor and still drive 30 miles to the tuner, or will the car not run correctly? Right now I'm MAF-based and have the stock 1 bar MAP sensor.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:38 PM
Milan
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

I have never tried it but I'm assuming you will have problems driving it.

Get a map sensor extension harness from caspers, drive to your tuner and then hook up the extension harness at your tuners, leave the stock map plugged into the back of the intake manifold, and run a vacuum line into your 2 bar sensor. He will still be able to tune it properly and then when you get home you can pop out the stock map, put the 2 bar in the back of the intake manifold and enjoy.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:24 PM
dr_whigham
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

It's going to hang idle at stop lights and all, but it'll still drive fine.

I went though this before with a dead MAP sensor, and daily drive the vehicle for at least 500 miles. If you unplug the MAF it'll run slightly better.

In a nutshell, yes, you can drive the car.
Old 07-19-2014, 11:48 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

I wouldn't try it. It'll cut all your current MAP values in half. If you decide to try it, the best way is to warm the car up to full temp, change sensors and restart it. That way, the it'll go into closed loop sooner and make the necessary fueling adjustments.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:14 AM
RoccoC5
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll either drive it to the tuner and then swap the sensor (and delete the MAF) or just have the car trailered to him rather than try to drive with the 2 bar MAP. Thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To Swap 2 bar MAP Before Re-tune?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Swap 2 bar MAP Before Re-tune?