C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Be Aware of fed ex - ground

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 12:22 PM
fsuforever
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Be Aware of fed ex - ground

I sent my novi 2k off to Alex & Doug , Chris ecs/ they received my package ,Alex words" looked like a bomb went off" wtf fed ex?? I put 2k in insurance on the head unit but the bracket & 2 pulleys& all the bolts/ hard ware were in the box as well, I'm getting a case of the red ****
Hopefully its only the threads that are jacked up & I can change them out & be on my way !don't wanna have to deal with fed ex scientist diseccting my blower!

Last edited by fsuforever; 07-18-2014 at 12:25 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:43 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

Don't worry Gerald, we will have it taken care of for you. Packaging is everything though, a t-shirt wrapped around the head unit wont cut it with any carrier. We will send it back in a head unit box safe and sound.

Enjoy your weekend!
Old 07-18-2014, 08:32 PM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

T-shirt packing hahahahaha...
Old 07-19-2014, 01:36 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Don't worry Gerald, we will have it taken care of for you. Packaging is everything though, a t-shirt wrapped around the head unit wont cut it with any carrier. We will send it back in a head unit box safe and sound.

Enjoy your weekend!
You have to do your due diligence in the packing arena. It should have inches of material around it, capable of supporting it from being dropped off a truck from 4ft. I've had to learn that lesson the hard way too. With heavy blowers, I will triple up the walls stuff them heavily with foam, leaving at least 4" between the blower and any wall.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:42 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Fed Ex just got caught up in some recent bs with prescription drugs.

on that note, what I do if I dont have the proper packing materials on hand is let the shipping company pack it. Sure it cost a few extra bucks but it saves from headaches and undue stress.

hope it all works out in the end!!
Old 07-19-2014, 01:59 PM
tbrent
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Winner

Just have ad an MCM hood shipped from Dallas to KC,Mo. Last year. Bunch of damage. After their investigation finding they did damage the hood. With the insurance they still only offered me 25 cents per pound.. Until I got ornery with them they had sent me a check that wouldn't have covered dinner at Culvers for my family!

Packaging was awesome but things happen. When you figure everyone that touches you package is playing "beat the clock" you can never pack too much cushion

Glad it seems you've got good peeps on the other end squaring you away!
Old 07-19-2014, 06:10 PM
RED99
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
You have to do your due diligence in the packing arena. It should have inches of material around it, capable of supporting it from being dropped off a truck from 4ft. I've had to learn that lesson the hard way too. With heavy blowers, I will triple up the walls stuff them heavily with foam, leaving at least 4" between the blower and any wall.
With Fed-ex or UPS, you need enough packing to protect it from a airplane drop. Not just 4 foot. Anything heavy I will build a wooden box and bolt it down inside just in case the do a drive by and throw it out the door to your porch at 25 mph.
Old 07-20-2014, 12:50 AM
fsuforever
Drifting

I'm still mind boggled about the pulleys ,the 2.75 sat flush with the unit & the 3.0 looked like it was offset, thing is ,I got both pulleys from ecs but only the 2.75 worked & aligned properly ,problem is I don't wanna run that small of a pulley, maybe it was for a camaro or something, or it was in the wrong bin ,I'm guessing Doug because I'm not quite sure what the deal is with that, I mean a pulley for a Paxton should fit a Paxton/ lesson learned on the packaging the head unit
Old 07-20-2014, 03:13 AM
fsuforever
Drifting

Originally Posted by RED99
With Fed-ex or UPS, you need enough packing to protect it from a airplane drop. Not just 4 foot. Anything heavy I will build a wooden box and bolt it down inside just in case the do a drive by and throw it out the door to your porch at 25 mph.
Lol, I didn't realize they were so hard core with them, I do now!
Old 07-20-2014, 02:06 PM
Rookieracer
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
Fed Ex just got caught up in some recent bs with prescription drugs.
More BS over reaching by the federal government.

FedEx asked for a list of online pharmacys that the FG didn't want them to ship for on multiple occasions and the FG never provided one. So what is FedEx supposed to do, open up every package and verify the contents?

As a non-drug business owner who uses FedEx and UPS on a daily basis, I find the FG case against FedEx truly ridiculus and yet absolutely terrifying.

Sorry for the hijack.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:13 AM
fsuforever
Drifting

What iTE=Rookieracer;1587403986]More BS over reaching by the federal government.

FedEx asked for a list of online pharmacys that the FG didn't want them to ship for on multiple occasions and the FG never provided one. So what is FedEx supposed to do, open up every

package and verify the contents?

As a non-drug business owner who uses FedEx and UPS on a daily basis, I find the FG case against FedEx truly ridiculus and yet absolutely terrifying.

Sorry for the hijack.
[/QUOTE]

What I wanna know is the 2.75 sat flush, both pulleys are doublekeyed & xfigured since I bought both pulleys from ecs they would both fit, this is a pic of the 3.0 pulley & under it u can tell how much or how bad the off set is by looking @the bottom manual tensioner,this is suppose to be aligned with each other

I don't get it help Doug!

Last edited by fsuforever; 07-21-2014 at 12:16 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Be Aware of fed ex - ground

Quick Reply: Be Aware of fed ex - ground