C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad maf?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 03:03 PM
idontknow
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default possible bad maf?

Details
Procharged 03 z06
tial 50 bov
Cam

The problem I am having is the car idles fine. The fuel trims are perfect. It revs up good but when it comes down it either dies or just sits there barely running. The bov is open in vacuum and closed during boost. The maf is reading like it should and is linear, doesn't jump around. If you unplug the maf the car revs and catches itself perfectly.

Any ideas guys.

Last edited by idontknow; 07-14-2014 at 06:26 PM.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:40 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by idontknow
Details
Procharged 03 z06
tial 50 bov
Cam

The problem I am having is the car idles fine. The fuel trims are perfect. It revs up good but when it comes down it either dies or just sits there barely running. The bov is open in vacuum and closed during boost. The maf is reading like it should and is linear, doesn't jump around. If you unplug the maf the car revs and catches itself perfectly.

Any ideas guys.
Where's your BOV mounted?
Old 07-15-2014, 04:43 PM
idontknow
Burning Brakes

Before the innercooler, we did have it after but was having problems. So we moved it to before and still have the same problem. Doug at ecs says that I probably need a screened maf
Old 07-15-2014, 05:00 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Before the innercooler, we did have it after but was having problems. So we moved it to before and still have the same problem. Doug at ecs says that I probably need a screened maf
I prefer to SD tune the car, but if you're on a budget, the Halltech honeycomb screen should stabilize it by making the airflow more linear across the element. Have you pressure checked for a leak behind the MAF by chance?
Old 07-15-2014, 05:27 PM
idontknow
Burning Brakes

The car won't even move with the maf hooked up. Unplug it and it runs fine. My tuner doesn't like speed density cause of the weather change it throws off the tune. Now if I was running 2 boost settings it would be SD.

Maf will hold a solid 3.xxx, bit the gas, and it shoots up to 5-6 then back down to 3.xxx and slowly climbs. If you hold it at 3k rpms it will be rock solid then either jump up or shoot down on the maf reading then back to rock solid
Old 07-15-2014, 07:14 PM
JoeyG
Safety Car

Received 84 Likes on 76 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

The car won't even move with the maf hooked up. Unplug it and it runs fine. My tuner doesn't like speed density cause of the weather change it throws off the tune. Now if I was running 2 boost settings it would be SD.

Maf will hold a solid 3.xxx, bit the gas, and it shoots up to 5-6 then back down to 3.xxx and slowly climbs. If you hold it at 3k rpms it will be rock solid then either jump up or shoot down on the maf reading then back to rock solid
tell your tuner to grow some ***** and put a solid SD tune in it. If it idles as desired with the MAF unplugged and runs well, redneck logic dictates go speed density. Or you can play with MAF combinations all day and continue to dump money at the problem, imo of course.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:05 PM
idontknow
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JoeyG
tell your tuner to grow some ***** and put a solid SD tune in it. If it idles as desired with the MAF unplugged and runs well, redneck logic dictates go speed density. Or you can play with MAF combinations all day and continue to dump money at the problem, imo of course.

OK
Old 07-22-2014, 11:08 PM
idontknow
Burning Brakes

little update:

well the BOV was to close to the maf. we moved the BOV before the innercooler and got a new maf with a screen and it is reading perfectly. the new problem we are having is no matter what my tuner does to the tune the car wants to die coming off a rev or coming to a stop. it will recover 99.9% of the time and only lasts about a second or 2.

he has logged it to see what is going on and there shows nothing in the log as to why it is happening. all i can come up with is that the BOV is blowing off to much air and suffocating the motor.

Get notified of new replies

To Bad maf?

Quick Reply: Bad maf?