C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Less static compression and more boost?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 03:09 PM
Arun@Dasilvamotorsports
Supporting Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My last motor was the LS2 block/LSA head deal. Compression ended up at 9.1 and 364 cubes-it made 1000 rwhp and 850 rwtq.

It was no dog putting around town or the track. For a d/d the lower compression is great on pump and meth.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:07 PM
RED99
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I would run more compression with more cam and a tight quench with Meth. And pay more attention to the Dynamic compression than the static compression ratio.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:09 PM
vrybad
Le Mans Master

Received 708 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by Arun@Dasilvamotorsports
My last motor was the LS2 block/LSA head deal. Compression ended up at 9.1 and 364 cubes-it made 1000 rwhp and 850 rwtq.

It was no dog putting around town or the track. For a d/d the lower compression is great on pump and meth.
Yea, but you accomplish things that us mere mortals will never achieve.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:33 PM
tony soprano
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Arun@Dasilvamotorsports

Arun, I know you've previously ran a stroked LS2. I believe a 402? Why did you elect to go with stock displacement with your last motor?

I mentioned in my original post that I intend to go with a stock displacement LS2. The reason for that is for every example I find of a problem free stroker motor, I can find an example of excessive oil consumption, short lived piston skirts, increased cylinder wear, etc.

Outside of chamfering the bottom of the cylinder and selecting the right skirt design, I don't know what else you can do to address the inherent lack of piston support at BDC. It would seem that some builders have figured out what it takes to make stroker motors last but I don't know what kind of success I'll have. I could sleeve the block but I don't know if I'm up for the added expense.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:41 AM
Arun@Dasilvamotorsports
Supporting Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tony soprano
Arun, I know you've previously ran a stroked LS2. I believe a 402? Why did you elect to go with stock displacement with your last motor?

I mentioned in my original post that I intend to go with a stock displacement LS2. The reason for that is for every example I find of a problem free stroker motor, I can find an example of excessive oil consumption, short lived piston skirts, increased cylinder wear, etc.

Outside of chamfering the bottom of the cylinder and selecting the right skirt design, I don't know what else you can do to address the inherent lack of piston support at BDC. It would seem that some builders have figured out what it takes to make stroker motors last but I don't know what kind of success I'll have. I could sleeve the block but I don't know if I'm up for the added expense.
Simply because it was the perfect cubes to feed the YSi. It killed off a bit of torque at 2000-3000 but made up for it by 5000.

It was more fun on the street and it went 8's first day out at the track-with the 402 I was always having trouble getting the car to hook.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:50 AM
2bridges
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tony soprano
I could sleeve the block but I don't know if I'm up for the added expense.
Yep, that is right way to get it done imo.
And as a bonus the sleeves get you into the 4.125 + bore to unshroud the intake valve, etc.

Win,win,win........ it's only $$$

Quick Reply: Less static compression and more boost?