C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARP Products in Stock & Ready To Ship @ Hinson Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 11:22 AM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Location: Birmingham, AL www.hinsonsupercars.com 205-909-9402
Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
Default ARP Products in Stock & Ready To Ship @ Hinson Motorsports

We have a very large inventory of ARP bolts and studs in stock ready to ship. Many of them include free shipping! We also stock these items for many other different applications. Let us know if there's anything you need and we'll be happy to help you.

ARP Hex Head Bolts LS1

ARP Hex Head Bolts LS2/LS3/LS7

ARP Hex Head Studs LS1

ARP 12 pt. Head Studs LS1

ARP 12 pt. Head Studs LS2/LS3/LS7

ARP 12 pt. Head Studs LSx Block

ARP 1/2" Head Stud Kit LSx

ARP Main Studs LS1/LS2/LS3/LS7

ARP Harmonic Balancer Bolt LS1/LS2/LS3

ARP Harmonic Balancer Bolt LS7

ARP Camshaft Bolts LS1/LS2/LS3/LS7

ARP Camshaft Retainer Plate Bolts LS1/LS2/LS3/LS7

ARP Header Stud Kit LS1

ARP High-Performance Connecting Rod Bolts LS1

ARP Pro-Series Connecting Rod Bolts LS1

ARP Pro-Series Connecting Rod Bolts LS7

ARP Valve Cover Bolts LS1

ARP Timing Cover Bolt Kit LS1/LS2, Black Hex

ARP Timing Cover Bolt Kit LS1/LS2, Stainless 12-Point

ARP Rear Motor Cover Bolt Kit LS1

ARP Intake Manifold Bolt Kit LS1/LS6

ARP Water Pump Bolt Kit LS1, Black 12-Point

ARP Water Pump Bolt Kit LS1, Stainless Hex

ARP Motor Mount Bolt Kit LS1/LS2

ARP Oil Pump Bolt Kit LS1/LS2

ARP Oil Pan Bolt Kit LS1/LS2

ARP Pressure Plate Bolts LS1/LS2/LS3/LS7

ARP Flywheel Bolts LS1/LS2/LS3/LS7

ARP Assembly Lube 1.69 oz

ARP PTFE Thread Sealer

ARP Thread Chasing Tap Sets

ARP Wheel Stud Kit, 12mm x 1.50 RH
Old 07-15-2014, 11:03 AM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Thanks for the orders.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:24 PM
4DRUSH
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I concede there's a 15% re-stocking fee on returned ARP products, but how long does it take to get the refund after the product is returned & signed for?

I already know it takes longer than 10 days. Is it 2 weeks, 3 weeks, a month, longer?
Old 07-21-2014, 11:21 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by 4DRUSH
I concede there's a 15% re-stocking fee on returned ARP products, but how long does it take to get the refund after the product is returned & signed for?

I already know it takes longer than 10 days. Is it 2 weeks, 3 weeks, a month, longer?
wierd them action are doing like this to a good customer.

Last edited by robert miller; 07-22-2014 at 10:32 AM.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:45 AM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 4DRUSH

I don't know that I personally am aware of the situation but I am more than happy to speak with you and get it resolved. Feel free to give us a call and Ill get it resolved.

-Chris
Old 07-22-2014, 11:08 AM
digivex
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HinsonSuperCars
I don't know that I personally am aware of the situation but I am more than happy to speak with you and get it resolved. Feel free to give us a call and Ill get it resolved.

-Chris
It may be that 4DRUSH is referring to the situation, outlined below, which was posted on Facebook after attempting to resolve the matter privately... I am a bit surprised that you are not aware of the situation since the first attempt to work with you (privately) was through PM on Corvette Forum as you've requested others to do...

1. While having my LSx block machined for 1/2" head studs (by a reputable machinist: Weston), I purchased the Hinson head stud kit, advertised as: "ARP 1/2" Head Stud Kit LSx. Hinson Motorsports custom packaged ARP 1/2" Head Stud Kit for the LSx engine. For use on blocks that are machined for 1/2" head studs" -- This was for a GM Performance LSX Bowtie Engine Block, Short Deck: Part Number: 19260093, machined by Weston for 1/2" Head Studs

2. When the engine got to the engine builder (a reputable builder: Roche Racing Engines), it was found that the threads on the studs were not long enough: They did not fit and would not work

3. We spoke with engineers at ARP who recommended we purchase the correct studs for an LSx machined for 1/2" studs, which they said was ARP Part # 247-4201

4. We purchased those studs, through Summit Racing, and they worked perfectly

5. Once I was able to pick up the engine and take photos of the studs to show a comparison, I wrote privately to Hinson, explained what happened, included a comparison photo and requested support.

- Here is the photo of a 247-4201 stud next to a Hinson stud. The threads are longer on the 247-4201 (block side) and able to go deep enough into the block to allow it to seat deep enough for the nuts to torque down on the heads: http://s1176.photobucket.com/user/ef...ee293.jpg.html

6. Hinson replied: "... we understand that there may be several ways to go about doing this but there is nothing defective about the kit or part therefore we cannot return it"

7. After that response and, feeling no other recourse was available, I posted about this matter online to caution others

8. After posting, I was asked to call Hinson and spoke with them on 7/8

9. I then received an email from Hinson on 7/8 stating: "Thank you for talking with me today. Please send in the new ARP head stud kits that were not used. We will evaluate the costs of the small bolts and hardware, apply a small restocking fee of 15% for the items used, and issue a refund within 48 hours of receipt"

10. I shipped the bolts on 7/9 via 2-day express

11. The bolts were delivered, with proof of delivery and signature on 7/11

12. On 7/14, I received an email from Hinson (Dakota) stating: "We have received your package and we ask that you wait one to two days for the processing fee"

13. I wrote to Hinson on 7/19, asking for a status (sent to Brian and Dakota)

14. As of this post (7/22 11:00 AM ET), I have yet to receive any response

15. I'm waiting for the support Hinson has promised after our healthy dialogue.

If you could ask someone to send me a status, it truly would be appreciated, Thank you

Last edited by digivex; 07-22-2014 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Added pic
Old 07-22-2014, 06:01 PM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Thank you for bringing it to our attention, the excessive dialog was not necessary but it has been processed.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:07 PM
digivex
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HinsonSuperCars
Thank you for bringing it to our attention, the excessive dialog was not necessary but it has been processed.
Sorry if I pissed you off, by being "excessive." I just want to make sure I provided full disclosure... And, it seems to be the only way to get you off your a$$ and provide any support

I'm glad to hear you "processed" it

Get notified of new replies

To ARP Products in Stock & Ready To Ship @ Hinson Motorsports

Quick Reply: ARP Products in Stock & Ready To Ship @ Hinson Motorsports