C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

***RSD All Aluminum Radiator***

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 12:04 AM
Steve@RSD
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Default ***RSD All Aluminum Radiator***

Anyone who wants their LS engine to run cooler should put one of these in their car and replace the thermostat reprogram the fans to reep the benefits of a cooler engine.

We also build a 3" cut down radiator for the Vortech and Procharger supercharger guys. With the 3" cut down unit you can use a 4" air filter pipe to increase boost in your supercharger instead of the restrictive plastice dongle.

All of our radiators are available with either oil coolers or Transmission coolers.
Buy them here;
http://www.racespecialtydesigns.com/home.php
Steve

Steve@RaceSpecialtyDesigns.com

Last edited by Steve@RSD; 06-16-2014 at 01:41 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:20 AM
knightz06
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice unit
Old 04-19-2014, 08:49 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

What do you rate the cut down one for hp wise as far as cooling capacity goes? I'm looking for a cut down one that can take the beating of 1000hp on a road course. Currently have a full sized Dewitt's that handles it fine.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:29 PM
idontknow
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

pm me the price on the cut down unit please
Old 04-22-2014, 11:49 AM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

Isnt that cut down too much?.how much?
Old 04-30-2014, 09:37 AM
Robert 2000
Melting Slicks

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Is the 3 inch cut down radiator all that is needed to fit a 4 inch intake? I have an A&A kit with full size dewitts radiator and would like to run a 4 inch intake. I can't find any information on doing the 3 inch cutdown. Will the AC condenser become an issue with this? Will my stock fans still work with the 3 inch cutdown radiator? I don't want to buy this expecting it to work and then need new fans and get into it and realize it takes a lot more to pull off.

Does anyone have pictures, review or a how to on this?

I need more information before I can just jump in on this unless you want to send me one discounted and make me a guinea pig to post up all the results or something.

Thanks,

Rob
Sorry for the long post and its not meant to negative. I am just seeking knowledge on the matter.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:51 AM
Quickshift_C5
Melting Slicks

Received 141 Likes on 120 Posts

Also interested in this, but want more information like the post above.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:02 AM
Robert 2000
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Quickshift_C5
Also interested in this, but want more information like the post above.
Still nothing on this??? Someone has to know something or at least RSD should make some sort of a reply.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:27 PM
Steve@RSD
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Robert 2000
Still nothing on this??? Someone has to know something or at least RSD should make some sort of a reply.
The 3" cutdown will still work with stock fans and A/C condensor. Some trimming of the Fan shroud will be required to make room for the 4" intake Duct. I do not rate these by HP, sorry.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:28 PM
Steve@RSD
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by blown81bu
Isnt that cut down too much?.how much?
Too Much for what?
Old 05-05-2014, 01:30 PM
Steve@RSD
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by idontknow
pm me the price on the cut down unit please
The link in the original post is to our website and all the prices with the different options are listed there.
Thanks
Old 05-05-2014, 03:58 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Steve@RSD
The 3" cutdown will still work with stock fans and A/C condensor. Some trimming of the Fan shroud will be required to make room for the 4" intake Duct. I do not rate these by HP, sorry.
To be completely accurate...

The fan shroud will have to be SERIOUSLY modified as the fan placement iteself is far to high. I ended up making a completely new shroud when I got my cut down dewitts and theirs is only cut down 2". The A/C heat exchanger will fit on the 2" drop just by trimming down the mounting tabs but anything over 2" will prove to be a bit more complicated.

To run a 4" intake pipe (YSI on a A&A 10 rib bracket) you need to achieve roughly 2.25" of drop over stock. I just got done doing this.

Do you have any photos of these cut down units installed so people can see what is required first hand? I think it would help them sell....
Old 05-06-2014, 09:43 AM
Robert 2000
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by breecher_7

The fan shroud will have to be SERIOUSLY modified as the fan placement iteself is far to high. I ended up making a completely new shroud when I got my cut down dewitts and theirs is only cut down 2". The A/C heat exchanger will fit on the 2" drop just by trimming down the mounting tabs but anything over 2" will prove to be a bit more complicated.

To run a 4" intake pipe (YSI on a A&A 10 rib bracket) you need to achieve roughly 2.25" of drop over stock. I just got done doing this.

Do you have any photos of these cut down units installed so people can see what is required first hand? I think it would help them sell....

I want to see some actual results and pictures then I might be willing to jump in on this.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:19 AM
Steve@RSD
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

[QUOTE=breecher_7;1586827981]To be completely accurate...

The fan shroud will have to be modified as the fan placement iteself is far to high. I ended up making a completely new shroud when I got my cut down dewitts and theirs is only cut down 2". The A/C heat exchanger will fit on the 2" drop just by trimming down the mounting tabs but anything over 2" will prove to be a bit more complicated.

/QUOTE]

Thanks for your input on the process. Sometime peoples Ads start to look like Tech section when everybody wants to add onto the Ad.
I am sorry you had so much work to do with the Dewitts you installed.
I used to buy Dewitts but found their cutdown was not quite enough for the 4" intake duct.
We never have to modify the A/C condensor mounts.

I am sure most people realize like you did that when you start modifying Corvettes you have some work to do. Some seem to think you send a 4" duct over the top of the radiator on a Corvette which has zero extra space and it is all bolt on. When you start modifying your car, other pieces need to get modded also to put 10lbs of stuff in a 5 lb box!
I will try to dig up some pictures but just realize, you are modifying your car, there is work to do.

Steve

Last edited by Steve@RSD; 05-06-2014 at 03:53 PM.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:07 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

[QUOTE=Steve@RSD;1586834513]

/QUOTE]

Thanks for your input on the process. Sometime peoples Ads start to look like Tech section when everybody wants to add onto the Ad.
I used to buy Dewitts but found their cutdown was not quite enough for the 4" intake duct.

I am sure most people realize like you did that when you start modifying Corvettes you have some work to do. Some seem to think you send a 4" duct over the top of the radiator on a Corvette which has zero extra space and it is all bolt on. When you start modifying your car, other pieces need to get modded also to put 10lbs of stuff in a 5 lb box!
I will try to dig up some pictures but just realize, you are modifying your car, there is work to do.

Steve
I completely agree with you that the dewitts is still a bit to tall. The radiator cradle still needs to be lowered to make a 4" inlet work with it. They really only cut about 1 3/4" out of that radiator. The one you offer does look like it would be a better option as far as fitment goes and that is why I inquired about yours initially.

Pictures would be nice!
Old 05-06-2014, 01:22 PM
Robert 2000
Melting Slicks

[QUOTE=Steve@RSD;1586834513]

/QUOTE]

Steve
Thanks and I understand that there is a lot of work involved in modifying cars in general. However, this sounds like the least painful way to getting a 4 inch intake on a C5 with blower kit.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:37 AM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

What fans would you need to use for this radiator if you went aftermarket?

Get notified of new replies

To ***RSD All Aluminum Radiator***

Old 05-12-2014, 12:19 PM
Steve@RSD
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Chicago1
What fans would you need to use for this radiator if you went aftermarket?
If not the stock C5 dual fans, Dewitts has a great upgrade with higher CFM fans on an aluminum plate instead of the plastic that stock has.
With the Dewitts I think you double the CFM rating of stock.

Make sure you first try lowering the thermostat and fan settings.
Old 05-12-2014, 05:47 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve@RSD
If not the stock C5 dual fans, Dewitts has a great upgrade with higher CFM fans on an aluminum plate instead of the plastic that stock has.
With the Dewitts I think you double the CFM rating of stock.

Make sure you first try lowering the thermostat and fan settings.
I'm not overheating I was just wondering because mine just took a dump it's cracked where the dongle sits and leaking and want to replace when I get back into town. Can you pm me a price shipped to 87124 the cut down one for blower applications.
Old 05-12-2014, 05:49 PM
Steve@RSD
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Chicago1
I'm not overheating I was just wondering because mine just took a dump it's cracked where the dongle sits and leaking and want to replace when I get back into town. Can you pm me a price shipped to 87124 the cut down one for blower applications.
Our website has the drop down menu for options. Just go on there and use the drop downs to select what you need for your car, before you finish it will show you the whole price.

Steve

Quick Reply: ***RSD All Aluminum Radiator***