C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How long Under Boost?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 05:04 PM
TheBigDog
Burning Brakes

Received 71 Likes on 28 Posts

Default How long Under Boost?

I have a twin turbo TTi set up and was wondering...How long can they remain under boost without damage? Now they are just under boost light to light and passing gear. When I run top end and the engine reaches 2500rpn there is boost building and was wondering if there could be possible damage to the engine or system. My boost gauge is showing about 5lbs of boost.

Thanks,
The Big Dog
Old 04-18-2014, 05:17 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigDog
I have a twin turbo TTi set up and was wondering...How long can they remain under boost without damage? Now they are just under boost light to light and passing gear. When I run top end and the engine reaches 2500rpn there is boost building and was wondering if there could be possible damage to the engine or system. My boost gauge is showing about 5lbs of boost.

Thanks,
The Big Dog
No more boost on these turbo'S. Unless you are doing a 10 mile run at WOT. You will be good for a mile run at WOT.

Quick Reply: How long Under Boost?