C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I relocate radiator to fit Procharger kit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 12:32 AM
nasty98_C5
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I relocate radiator to fit Procharger kit?

I've looked everywhere. I have read some guys cut and re-weld the brackets farther forward or lower, but I don't have a welder or ability. Is there a way to do it with no cutting? I've seen mention of "L" brackets. Anyone have any pics of this? I don't want to have to cut and weld. I have a P1SC1 kit and I'm becoming overly frustrated with the fact that it hits the radiator. I bought my kit used so it doesn't have anything to relocate it. I believe it originally came with the Procharger fan assembly, but I don't have that either. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Especially pics!
Old 04-18-2014, 12:31 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by nasty98_C5
I've looked everywhere. I have read some guys cut and re-weld the brackets farther forward or lower, but I don't have a welder or ability. Is there a way to do it with no cutting? I've seen mention of "L" brackets. Anyone have any pics of this? I don't want to have to cut and weld. I have a P1SC1 kit and I'm becoming overly frustrated with the fact that it hits the radiator. I bought my kit used so it doesn't have anything to relocate it. I believe it originally came with the Procharger fan assembly, but I don't have that either. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Especially pics!
Give ECS one of the guys or Doug a call ecs makes a full one piece bolt in to replace the stock one.

Are you can pull your stock one out simple to do and have a welding shop do it for you. If you do the work will cost much of nothing to have it done..
Old 04-19-2014, 12:12 AM
nasty98_C5
Instructor

Originally Posted by robert miller
Give ECS one of the guys or Doug a call ecs makes a full one piece bolt in to replace the stock one.

Are you can pull your stock one out simple to do and have a welding shop do it for you. If you do the work will cost much of nothing to have it done..
Yeah. I just didn't have a welder. I went out and got aluminum spacers to drop the actual radiator support. I dropped it 1" in the back and about 1/2 in the front. Worked out pretty well. Seems like it did the trick!
Old 04-21-2014, 05:08 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Yeah. I just didn't have a welder. I went out and got aluminum spacers to drop the actual radiator support. I dropped it 1" in the back and about 1/2 in the front. Worked out pretty well. Seems like it did the trick!
Old 04-22-2014, 12:15 AM
nasty98_C5
Instructor

Still had to chop the hell out of the radiator. Even after it was dropped 1", had to cut up a bunch of things to make it fit. But it's mostly together. Procharger certainly made a great "bolt on" kit!

Old 04-22-2014, 11:14 AM
Horps27
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you need the procharger rad shroud?
Old 04-22-2014, 11:34 AM
PEETYZ
Melting Slicks

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

The original procharger kit with that fan intake was junk. Mine was also used and contained parts from original kit and "stage 2" with an A&A bracket. Mixed kits can be fun...A&A and ECS do a great job on the new kits

The big things you are missing are the radiator cover and cradle. My tuner modified some of the charge pipes and made new pipes from Y section after twin intercoolers into TB with LS3 style maf and also section from blower to filter (no more kinks) I also went with a tial Q bov.

Old 04-22-2014, 03:12 PM
nasty98_C5
Instructor

Originally Posted by PEETYZ
The original procharger kit with that fan intake was junk. Mine was also used and contained parts from original kit and "stage 2" with an A&A bracket. Mixed kits can be fun...A&A and ECS do a great job on the new kits

The big things you are missing are the radiator cover and cradle. My tuner modified some of the charge pipes and made new pipes from Y section after twin intercoolers into TB with LS3 style maf and also section from blower to filter (no more kinks) I also went with a tial Q bov.

Very clean set up!

I am using the stock shroud and all as of now. That pic was just for reference. I really would love to get the charge pipe you have in the center. I hate the Procharger "air bridge." That is a much cleaner, smoother look. But I am scared that the hood won't close. I dropped the radiator 1" because I don't want to spend $400 for the cradle haha. I want it to be clean however. So maybe that's what I'll have to do. But for now I just want this thing finished haha. It's been a long time coming. I'll eventually straighten out the kinks and do what you did along the way.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:57 PM
PEETYZ
Melting Slicks

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Very clean set up!

I am using the stock shroud and all as of now. That pic was just for reference. I really would love to get the charge pipe you have in the center. I hate the Procharger "air bridge." That is a much cleaner, smoother look. But I am scared that the hood won't close. I dropped the radiator 1" because I don't want to spend $400 for the cradle haha. I want it to be clean however. So maybe that's what I'll have to do. But for now I just want this thing finished haha. It's been a long time coming. I'll eventually straighten out the kinks and do what you did along the way.
Thanks! Yea I feel ya. lowering it 1 inch will help alot. Keep us posted. Let me know if you have any questions along the way.

I have the HO (original) and stage 2 manuals as well if you need them.

-Pete

Last edited by PEETYZ; 04-22-2014 at 04:09 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:35 PM
nasty98_C5
Instructor

Originally Posted by PEETYZ
Thanks! Yea I feel ya. lowering it 1 inch will help alot. Keep us posted. Let me know if you have any questions along the way.

I have the HO (original) and stage 2 manuals as well if you need them.

-Pete
Thanks a lot!
I really appreciate it. Mine came with the original manual. I was kind of shocked to find some parts of the stage II kit like you said lol. What kind of power did yours out down? I have a 4.25 pulley. Not sure how much boost that'll put out but I can't wait to get it tuned and see some numbers.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:31 PM
Horps27
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no manual for the install of mine but would love to have one...

Get notified of new replies

To How do I relocate radiator to fit Procharger kit?

Quick Reply: How do I relocate radiator to fit Procharger kit?