C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Methanol Consumption Around Town

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 05:07 AM
fsuforever
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I run a dual nozzle alky control kit & like it very much, I think they start around 600.00
Old 04-28-2014, 07:37 AM
DEBrahms
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for all your responses, guys. Now I have another question.

To recap, three weeks ago I had an AIS 3-gallon Stage 1 Comp trunk-mount meth/water injection system professionally installed. It's a dual nozzle unit with stainless steel hoses and green and red LEDs to indicate spray and low level. It's set to spray when my A&A V3SI blower reaches 4.5 lbs of boost (9.5 lbs. max boost). The car is a 2003 Z06 'Vette M6 putting down 650whp.

I made a dipstick to check fluid level and it hasn't dropped measurably in the past two weeks and I've had maybe a half dozen or more WOT accelerations to well over 100 mph plus shorter blasts on open roads.

Is there any way to confirm that the unit is spraying, other than by watching the green LED? The LEDs are located in an almost invisible location, under the ignition switch, on the driver's side of the center console. The outside of my right knee can rest against them, so I can't see the green LED illuminate when running WOT (not that I want to be watching it at that speed ).

Is there any other way to confirm spraying? I think that I should be seeing some drainage of the fluid in the reservoir. I just need to confirm that the system is working.

Thanks, guys.

Dave
Old 04-28-2014, 07:56 AM
helga203
Safety Car

Received 434 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by DEBrahms
Thanks for all your responses, guys. Now I have another question.

To recap, three weeks ago I had an AIS 3-gallon Stage 1 Comp trunk-mount meth/water injection system professionally installed. It's a dual nozzle unit with stainless steel hoses and green and red LEDs to indicate spray and low level. It's set to spray when my A&A V3SI blower reaches 4.5 lbs of boost (9.5 lbs. max boost). The car is a 2003 Z06 'Vette M6 putting down 650whp.

I made a dipstick to check fluid level and it hasn't dropped measurably in the past two weeks and I've had maybe a half dozen or more WOT accelerations to well over 100 mph plus shorter blasts on open roads.

Is there any way to confirm that the unit is spraying, other than by watching the green LED? The LEDs are located in an almost invisible location, under the ignition switch, on the driver's side of the center console. The outside of my right knee can rest against them, so I can't see the green LED illuminate when running WOT (not that I want to be watching it at that speed ).

Is there any other way to confirm spraying? I think that I should be seeing some drainage of the fluid in the reservoir. I just need to confirm that the system is working.

Thanks, guys.

Dave
Go to the local auto store and rent for free a mity vac that is used to bleed brake. Pull a vacuum line or you brake boost line and pump psi with the mity vac/psi thingamajig. You can take off intake pipe and look at nozzles to see if their sparying or have someone look at the led for light to come on or if you hear the pump kick on or loose up a fitting and see if it starts leaky pretty heavy when you get higher then 4.5 psi. Im sure there's other ways but this should get you started.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:56 PM
DEBrahms
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks, Helga, but problem solved. I was driving my Z way too conservatively. Today, I took it out and did some hard WOTs and wound it out to between 4-6+ grand.

I could feel the meth kick in just past 4 grand and it was like an afterburner on a jet. A real punch in the gut, like a second blower kicking in.

When I got home, I checked the fluid level in my meth reservoir and it was clearly lower. Not much, but definitely down from the old mark on the dipstick I made.

Apparently, I wasn't revving high enough to get my meth pump to kick in at 4.5 lbs. My blower doesn't reach that level of boost until 4K or higher, then my LS6 really kicks butt!

This car is a total blast! Thanks for all the comments, guys.

Dave

Quick Reply: Methanol Consumption Around Town