C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel system options in a c5?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 10:42 AM
Db1971
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel system options in a c5?

I am new to c5's and the one I have is stock. but I have some extra parts from old projects. I am trying to decide what to keep. I have an nx fi kit with remote opener, heater, and purge (that im keeping). I also have a twin walbro setup for a 2001 Camaro. never installed. I am wondering how you guys are running them and how much power the stock lines are holding. I also have quite a bit od 8an fuel line and fittings. I would love details about twin setups as well as feed and return lines. on the fbodys I would use the stock feed as a return and then use 8an as feed. but the whole two tank thing im un sure of. I also have a magnafuel boost reference regulator. I prefer to build my fuel system with a little overkill so lets see what yall have

also I have a comp rocker kit 1.85:1 -3/8, comp 26915ti-kit (springs ti retainers steel locks, valve seals, and spring seats), 7955-16 5/16 pushrods, and comp 4856-8 5/16 guide plates. debating on installing them on my 01 according to comp tech they are direst replacements for the stock springs rockers and pushrods and will not need to be shimmed. just install and go but may have to modify inside of valve cover on some years.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:49 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by Db1971
I am new to c5's and the one I have is stock. but I have some extra parts from old projects. I am trying to decide what to keep. I have an nx fi kit with remote opener, heater, and purge (that im keeping). I also have a twin walbro setup for a 2001 Camaro. never installed. I am wondering how you guys are running them and how much power the stock lines are holding. I also have quite a bit od 8an fuel line and fittings. I would love details about twin setups as well as feed and return lines. on the fbodys I would use the stock feed as a return and then use 8an as feed. but the whole two tank thing im un sure of. I also have a magnafuel boost reference regulator. I prefer to build my fuel system with a little overkill so lets see what yall have

also I have a comp rocker kit 1.85:1 -3/8, comp 26915ti-kit (springs ti retainers steel locks, valve seals, and spring seats), 7955-16 5/16 pushrods, and comp 4856-8 5/16 guide plates. debating on installing them on my 01 according to comp tech they are direst replacements for the stock springs rockers and pushrods and will not need to be shimmed. just install and go but may have to modify inside of valve cover on some years.
I am using a -8 feed and -8 return on the f1x build. Don't use the 1.85 rockers these motors don't like them 1.75 seems to wks better. I am using the stock rockers with the upgrade done to them.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:14 PM
Db1971
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thanks

What seems to be the issue with the 1.85's? I was just figuring with a little more lift with the stock cam it would breathe better especially when im using the n2o. Also since I have the right springs and extras. As for the fuel sys did you by chance take any pictures during the setup? Are you using 2 in one tank or one in each?

Get notified of new replies

To fuel system options in a c5?

Quick Reply: fuel system options in a c5?