C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ditching the p1sc an going to the f1a advice on brackets /making the change an how ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 12:30 AM
stangerpower
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ditching the p1sc an going to the f1a advice on brackets /making the change an how ?

rSo after going over long term goals with a friend / mechanic thats building my car , we have decided to sell off the brand new p1sc head unit an just going to tye f1a since procharger stated that the f1a will work on same bracket .. Has anyone made this change aswell an who is running the f1a? Motor is fully built ...id like to know what bracket setup you are running an how you like it we plan on running a dual belt setup looking into the a&a kit been searching but havent found much info on this blower or swap procharger said kit piping exc.. will work but would like someones input that is knowkedgable about this or running it thanks
Old 04-08-2014, 12:42 AM
Milan
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

If you don't have a bracket or a head unit yet, I would go to an ECS bracket with a Ysi or 2200R. F1A will not make Ysi power as efficiently or consistently. Also you will have less belt problems IMO
Old 04-08-2014, 04:40 AM
stangerpower
Advanced

Already have the kit is why I'm looking for some input from people that have / are running it .. It fits on my bracket and I can get a A&a kit to help with belt slip an upgrade rib from what I'm reading ... If that one is no good I'm a look into the f1r guess I will call Procharger an figure this all out but would still like Input from someone that has run the exact blower personally .. But thanks for the heads up the ysi is def a great blower
Old 04-08-2014, 05:34 AM
PEETYZ
Melting Slicks

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by stangerpower
Already have the kit is why I'm looking for some input from people that have / are running it .. It fits on my bracket and I can get a A&a kit to help with belt slip an upgrade rib from what I'm reading ... If that one is no good I'm a look into the f1r guess I will call Procharger an figure this all out but would still like Input from someone that has run the exact blower personally .. But thanks for the heads up the ysi is def a great blower

Do you have the Procharger kit and Procharger bracket now? The a&a Procharger bracket is much nicer. Pretty sure ECS had a nice one in past as well and maybe still do for Procharger?

For best belt grip you will want to run a Dallas performance direct drive or cartek flip drive system for a blower dedicated belt with an 8-10 rib set up. An overdrive balancer is suggested as well. I'm sure a few others will chime in. I'm still rocking the p1sc1 but very happy with my power on a stock bottom end

http://www.cartek.net/HPE/FlipDrive/index.php

Some info here too:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-f...ve-review.html

Last edited by PEETYZ; 04-08-2014 at 05:49 AM.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:42 AM
helga203
Safety Car

Received 434 Likes on 373 Posts

rSo after going over long term goals with a friend / mechanic thats building my car , we have decided to sell off the brand new p1sc head unit an just going to tye f1a since procharger stated that the f1a will work on same bracket .. Has anyone made this change aswell an who is running the f1a? Motor is fully built ...id like to know what bracket setup you are running an how you like it we plan on running a dual belt setup looking into the a&a kit been searching but havent found much info on this blower or swap procharger said kit piping exc.. will work but would like someones input that is knowkedgable about this or running it thanks
Search on here fotoboy he just did this to his car. Went from a p1 to an F1-a A&A bracket he made around 830whp i believe on 8rib set from A&A.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:21 PM
Milan
Safety Car

I had the f1a with an A&A bracket, but I guess since I sold it in favor of the ysi my input is invalid huh?

F1a and f1r are old blowers. If you do your research you will see that they are underperformers. There is a reason the f1x replaced the f1r.

Also the a&a bracket for the procharger is not that great. You will either have to shim or shave the pulley to get your pullies aligned, and then you still have the issue of the weak tensioner.

By the time you spend all the money to get it to work you could have just started over.

You ever wonder why everyone on here runs a vortech/Paxton blower (until they need an f1x or f2)? It's not because we feel like it.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:25 AM
stangerpower
Advanced

Ok well you didn't state that you ran until now lol apreciate that .. When you made the change over we're you Able to still run everything else from the Procharger kit as far as piping Intercoolers exc..? So you just changed bracket an head unit out to ecs an ysi only ?? Thanks for the advice
Old 04-09-2014, 10:04 AM
Milan
Safety Car

No I never ran the whole kit, I just head the head unit and the A&A bracket for it. I've always had the rest of the A&A kit. Those dual intercoolers really aren't that efficient on the procharger kit.

If I had to start over I would do ECS bracket, radiator cradle, and intercooler, then basically custom everything else. The kits are great to get you going but it seems like we all end up mixing and matching sooner or later. I really like the ECS stuff though.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:35 AM
p1bz
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've done it....p1 to F1a.....bolt it on, throw the pulley in the lathe, and turn one shoulder side down so that it sits closer to the blower. I run A@A direct drive, also. I have no issues, but I am methodical and do my own work. Josh will be here soon, and can probably remember how much I turned down.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:54 AM
PEETYZ
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by p1bz
I've done it....p1 to F1a.....bolt it on, throw the pulley in the lathe, and turn one shoulder side down so that it sits closer to the blower. I run A@A direct drive, also. I have no issues, but I am methodical and do my own work. Josh will be here soon, and can probably remember how much I turned down.
You likely said in another thread but what pulley and power are you now with F1A?
Old 04-09-2014, 04:41 PM
p1bz
Burning Brakes

Never dyno'd. I aways max impeller rpm, then some. Josh ran a F1a way past max impeller speed, too much for street driving fun. Until you are overspinning your P1, don't upgrade. Bigger blower does not mean faster car. P1 ...4inch inlet, direct drive, and 3.0 pulley will do work. All on a six rib.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:06 PM
stangerpower
Advanced

Thanks for the advice guys guess for now I will run this kit an see what it can do cranking up the p1 ill step up later wants funds are available to redue it all or maybe I can find a company to trade me a new d1sc with cash on top since my headunit is still brand new with tags on it that be awesome lol
Old 04-09-2014, 09:06 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

I run an F1R with an A&A bracket with no issues at all... However we did mod It slightly for a 10 rib setup. I also use a direct drive. I run the F1R at max impeller speed or really close to it. No detectable slip at 21 psi...

I will eventually upgrade to an X but... this blower works fine, it just has a ton of parasitic drag.

A YSI is more efficient and has less parasitic drag, it will put more power to the tires then an F1R.... However you can have belt slip issues running it at its max with a tiny 2.75" pulley and 10 rib.

The bang for the buck blower is a D1sc.... 800rwhp pretty easy and an 8 rib will be plenty.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:27 AM
veneno
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

you are building a bigger motor 383 that little P1 aint' gonna feed it enough. I am in same position as you got a 408 and p1 bracket with an
F1A headunit but have not installed it yet. I think the biggest you can go is F1A on that bracket the F1R has a bigger housing it won't work. I hear the F1A is pretty loud
Old 04-10-2014, 11:25 AM
PEETYZ
Melting Slicks

Never dyno'd. I aways max impeller rpm, then some. Josh ran a F1a way past max impeller speed, too much for street driving fun. Until you are overspinning your P1, don't upgrade. Bigger blower does not mean faster car. P1 ...4inch inlet, direct drive, and 3.0 pulley will do work. All on a six rib.
How much difference from 606rwhp on a 3.85 all things the same except a 3.0 pulley. I really like the idea of the P1 in kill mode. The D1 in kill mode.... At that point I'd have a tough decision D1 vs F1A....

Got a buddy with a F1R GTO with a 390 motor and some serious restrictions making 750 and I can walk him pretty easy with my P1 at 606
Old 04-13-2014, 06:48 PM
p1bz
Burning Brakes

I will tell you this, I am a nitrous guy. I like my cars to MOVE on the hit. With a smaller blower spun up hard, it jumps when you floor it.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:14 PM
joshtownsend
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

0.100 with 2.460 spacers on the latest a and a bracket

f1a over a ysi all day... milian just any got nobody to race expect potatoes so im sure that ysi feels fast..hahaha

whatever you get.. over spin it by 10-15% if you want to go fast

Last edited by joshtownsend; 04-13-2014 at 09:21 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To ditching the p1sc an going to the f1a advice on brackets /making the change an how ?

Old 04-14-2014, 09:49 AM
p1bz
Burning Brakes

And boom goes the dynamite...Josh would know.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:06 PM
mikebq
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Default P1

Were did you get the 4" inlet for your P1 ? Did it come with a filter also ?
Old 04-14-2014, 06:48 PM
p1bz
Burning Brakes

I built all my blower tubing. I go the the diesel truck shop, and they usually have all you would ever need right on the shelf, then get online and find the biggest 4inch inlet you can and slap it on. I forgot what I have now, and it's huge, dwarfs DP bigmouth, and I got it off Amazon. I also cut my radiator mounts and lowered the radiator, and extended the stock hoses with galvanized tubing. I have been kicking the idea around of running a 6inch blower inlet with a velocity stack built in. I get bored.

Quick Reply: ditching the p1sc an going to the f1a advice on brackets /making the change an how ?