C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 coupe 383 stroker ,procharged build thread "in the works"

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 10:50 PM
stangerpower
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 coupe 383 stroker ,procharged build thread "in the works"

The car is a 2000 6 spd coupe pewter metallic ,with black leather interier , has every factory option you can get hud, dual digital climate ac , also came with the magnesium wheel option , ive been told very few came like this an its kinda rare but not sure on that . To me its just a corvette lol,unmolested has 90 k miles on it was always garage kept , an well takeing care of an as of right now is completey bone stock all the way to the exaust .. After getting this car 7 months ago the stock power has been fun but gets old an i get bored so now the modding an parts collecting has begun.. here is the run down will get pics up as we go an keep thread updated ..

Instead of useing the factory motor i decided to just buy a new aluminum block an have the motor built an just swap it out . Always easier..

specs of build:
motor specs:
ls6 aluminum block , 383 stroker kit , eagle forged 4340 4 inch crank, eagle forged 6.125 forged 4340 rods , and weiseco -8cc dished forged pistons, arp main studs, arp head studs, arun stage 3 blower cam , patriot stage 3 ls6 heads, ls6 intake , comp cam double roller timing chain , ls7 lifters, 7.4 comp cam hardened push rods, ls9 head gaskets an thats all i can think of at the moment

transmision driveline:
t-56, spec super twin disk ss clutch , billet matching flywheel, stock gears for now an diff, will be upgrading this stuff later as i get done with installing everything i have

suspension:
stock for now

fuel system;
siemen d 60lb injectors , aem320 pump (unsure if im gonna use this) really want the 350lpe pump but there on back order will be adding this once i can get it , stock fuel lines an rails for now

exaust :
stainless steel long tube headers, stock mufflers on the hunt for some at the moment will be adding an aftermarket soon im sure before build is done

power adder:
new stage 2 procharger p1sc kit with 4.5 twin intercoolers.

well this is all for now motor is going to machine shop next week to get built once done gonna swap it in an let the process begin expecting to be ready to go for test an tunes middle of may Advice an input is always welcome as to what i should expect power wise what i may add if not on the list an so forth !

Last edited by stangerpower; 04-06-2014 at 08:18 PM.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:29 AM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 272 Likes on 212 Posts

How much power do you want to make? Might not need the other engine. I would get an A&A or ECS kit w front mount IC.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:41 AM
stangerpower
Advanced

i already bought the kit the reason i got tha kit is cus i couldnt pass up the deal on it everything was new still in the box i spoke with procharger an i can send head unit off to get upgraded to a d1 or i can sell the head untit an bracket an buy the f1a head unit an bracket later on an use eveyrthing still from kit my goal is to hit over a 1000 at the end of the day i will slowly be building up to it so for now the goal is to hit high 600s with the p1sc reason im going with built motor now so i wont have to do that later on when i upgrade the head unit ...my motor will be ready to make that power my clutch will be good for that power only thing i will need to do is upgrade the fuel system an have some tranny work done .. i have a buddy that just made 1053rwhp on his t56 in a c5 stock unit i know they wont last drag racing but highway pulls an top ends it might live for a little while ,, eventually i will have the tranny built .. building this car for the texas mile an tx2k events mainly roll racing as drag racing is really hard on cars an tears em up.. ill do some dig racing hear an there .. but not really to worrie about that i like top end speeds not quarter miles...
Old 04-06-2014, 02:05 AM
stangerpower
Advanced

Just waiting on my new pistons to get here which will arrive Wensday then motor will be machine shop getting built

Last edited by stangerpower; 04-06-2014 at 06:55 AM.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:21 AM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

You're gonna do it anyway (I did too) but I just wanted to let you know that you're opening up a giant can of worms with a 1000+HP car.

I'm in for the build!
Old 04-07-2014, 04:46 AM
stangerpower
Advanced

I'd have to agree with you on the can of worms ... But as stated it will be baby steps getting there high 600s will be easily obtainable for time being ... Fuel pump just arrived today few more days my pistons will be here then the motor will be getting built ... 1 day at a time but will be reaching the goal in due time..
Old 04-07-2014, 08:56 AM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

You got me pm about that aem causing cavitation?
Old 04-07-2014, 01:21 PM
stangerpower
Advanced

No I will check right now so tht pump is no good ??
Old 04-07-2014, 02:16 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Originally Posted by stangerpower
No I will check right now so tht pump is no good ??
not for me I pmed sdcp to see what we can do about it but it was overheating/overrunning my regulator..
Old 04-08-2014, 04:36 AM
stangerpower
Advanced

That's not good at all keep me updated I might be returning it thanks
Old 04-08-2014, 08:41 AM
Chicago1
Race Director

I pmed them the other day still no response. Ill give them a day or 2 then call them.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:20 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

They got back to me they are working with me. Im going to call aem first and see what the issue is I would still like to use this pump. Regardless SDCP said they will do whatever to make sure I am fixed. Great customer service
Old 04-09-2014, 05:08 PM
stangerpower
Advanced

Ye they definately have great service glad your getting it worked out keep me updated thanks buddy good luck

Get notified of new replies

To 2000 coupe 383 stroker ,procharged build thread "in the works"

Quick Reply: 2000 coupe 383 stroker ,procharged build thread "in the works"