C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tech question for FI, espically Maggie guys

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 01:10 PM
Lt. Dan M.
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tech question for FI, espically Maggie guys

I was just looking at installing a Vararam Powerduct on my 02Z that has a Maggie TVS2300 on it that was professionally installed by LPE dealer here in Fl. I was comparing it to my wife's 99 coupe and noticed that I don't seem to have an IAT sensor. I don't have the service manuals for my 02, but I have them for the 99. I am pretty sure it is suppose to have and IAT sensor. I opened up the wire harness and found crimped connections. Two yellow wires, that I assume went to the IAT sensor, butt spliced to lengthen them, then just twisted together at the end and shrink-wrapped. I also found two other wires spliced together at one end of a butt connector and the other connect to a wire going to the throttle positioner.
My question is: does this sound normal for a maggie install, to do away with the IAT sensor? Is it do the heating of the air as it is compressed that IAT is no longer valid? I see there is no place to put the IAT sensor in the duct, like there is with the 99. but I don't see where else it is either. Read below and you will know why I am not contacting the installer with these questions.

I pretty much stopped driving the car for well over a year because the throttle would stick at around 3800 rpm, numerous times, every time I drove it. I finally found 12 crimped butt spliced in the wire harness to the TPS, where the installer lengthened the harness. I soldered all the splices and my problem was solved. That was only the worst of many problems I have had with this install job. I have no confidence at all in the installer and would never take my car back there. Wish I had just done it all myself, I will form now on.

Anyway, I am wondering if the IAT is normally done away with and compensated for in the tune, with all FI motors. Any help is deeply appreciated.
Old 01-05-2014, 02:45 PM
LedfootLarry
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Iat sensor on lower left side beside vacum line
Old 01-05-2014, 03:20 PM
Lt. Dan M.
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Found the IAT sensor,mine is up a little further forward toward the front, but I found it. I was mistaken about the wires going to the throttle positioner, they go to the MAF. I guess all is as it should be except for the cheap A** crimps used by a "Professional" shop! I am now in the process of soldering all crimped connections. Thanks so much for the post. This forum is the most important tool I have ever had. Just fixed the wife's CD changer in the 99 coupe, and again the forum was a big help.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:20 PM
_zebra
Le Mans Master

Received 809 Likes on 533 Posts

the TVS relocates the IAT sensor into the blower manifold that the computer reads the temp after the air's been compressed

Get notified of new replies

To Tech question for FI, espically Maggie guys

Quick Reply: Tech question for FI, espically Maggie guys