C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racelogic+boost+methanol injection

Old 12-26-2013, 12:34 PM
long
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racelogic+boost+methanol injection

Here is a little background I have a '03 Z06 with a forged 370 and a ttix turbo kit. The car put down 890 whp. The question here is has anyone used the racelogic traction control with a similar setup. Racelogic controls the speed but cutting the injectors. If I am under boost and the traction control kicks in will I have a methanol backfire. The other question would be if so can I tie the alky control kit into the racelogic to cut the methanol also.
Old 12-26-2013, 03:59 PM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

Received 140 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by long
Here is a little background I have a '03 Z06 with a forged 370 and a ttix turbo kit. The car put down 890 whp. The question here is has anyone used the racelogic traction control with a similar setup. Racelogic controls the speed but cutting the injectors. If I am under boost and the traction control kicks in will I have a methanol backfire. The other question would be if so can I tie the alky control kit into the racelogic to cut the methanol also.
Given how methanol is injected, there would be no safe way to cut it in the same way fuel is cut.

I would think the fuel cut should be sufficient enough for it to still work safely regardless of the methanol though. There wouldnt be enough meth to cause a dangerous lean condition as far as fuel supply goes, as it would be excessively lean so probably not combust at all.

Cant see why there would be any backfire though ?

As per the "water injection" thread though.....injecting water would get you there and be 100% safe.

Or run in reduced power/boost in lower gears and dont inject methanol at all during those times. As you wouldnt need the extra power it can offer anyway ?
Old 12-26-2013, 05:03 PM
long
Instructor

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Given how methanol is injected, there would be no safe way to cut it in the same way fuel is cut.

I would think the fuel cut should be sufficient enough for it to still work safely regardless of the methanol though. There wouldnt be enough meth to cause a dangerous lean condition as far as fuel supply goes, as it would be excessively lean so probably not combust at all.

Cant see why there would be any backfire though ?

As per the "water injection" thread though.....injecting water would get you there and be 100% safe.

Or run in reduced power/boost in lower gears and dont inject methanol at all during those times. As you wouldnt need the extra power it can offer anyway ?

The only reason I am concerned is because I have seen a methanol backfire from staying on the rev limiter too long. The results a catastrophic. You are right about the water injection. That may be the direction I have to go or maybe a 50/50 mix. Ironically i never actually thought about running just water.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:37 PM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

You should never really hold a car on the rev limiter, although different systems offer different methods of rpm hold/reduction. Whether through fuel cut, spark cut or a combination of both.

But I would very much consider better control of the power delivery before the traction control. Although the Racelogic is supposed to be excellent.

There is no sense running an engine capable of say 900hp, then trying to force a huge power reduction by cutting fuel/sparks. When you could reduce boost under those circumstances and have far better control over everything under foot. It will be far easier on everything, and ultimately faster.

Even if the traction control is still active, the fact it has less work to do will mean everything works better together.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:07 PM
long
Instructor

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
You should never really hold a car on the rev limiter, although different systems offer different methods of rpm hold/reduction. Whether through fuel cut, spark cut or a combination of both.

But I would very much consider better control of the power delivery before the traction control. Although the Racelogic is supposed to be excellent.

There is no sense running an engine capable of say 900hp, then trying to force a huge power reduction by cutting fuel/sparks. When you could reduce boost under those circumstances and have far better control over everything under foot. It will be far easier on everything, and ultimately faster.

Even if the traction control is still active, the fact it has less work to do will mean everything works better together.
You are right about staying on the rev limiter. He was trying to show off and kaboom. The idea is to run a low boost of 10 psi on the street with the traction control. This way it is fun to drive and the wife can drive it and not tear it to pieces. Then when I go to the drag strip load in a new tune and disable the traction control. I do want to use the traction control at high boost for road racing but now I am beginning to think it may not work well
Old 12-26-2013, 06:23 PM
stevieturbo
Melting Slicks

I'm sure it would work very well. Whether the use of methanol injection will interfere with that is a different matter.

But a boost by gear or boost by speed may be a more efficient method of getting the job done. Although traction control can add a huge degree of safety.

Not sure how the likes of the Holley TCS works ? ie the full Holley ecu.

I know the ecu I use implements a spark cut to reduce power for it's traction control.

Although whether that would be safer with the methanol or not, I cant say. Ive never had any issues on my car, although I generally use a 60/40 mix. But when on the road I dont use methanol at all, it has far more power than traction anyway, so there is simply no point using meth

Get notified of new replies

To Racelogic+boost+methanol injection

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Racelogic+boost+methanol injection