C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power loss at 6300

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 07:14 AM
StealthFRC
Melting Slicks

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

I wonder if I'm getting the same issue as you . I get the same drop off around 6300 and it didn't make the power I was expecting. I'll have to look into it. How hard is it to pull a rocker and put it back on? I've never done it
Old 07-15-2014, 09:03 AM
175rgr
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by StealthFRC
I wonder if I'm getting the same issue as you . I get the same drop off around 6300 and it didn't make the power I was expecting. I'll have to look into it. How hard is it to pull a rocker and put it back on? I've never done it
Here's a link to a pretty good write-up on checking your pushrod length.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/how-mea...length-172530/

(I would buy a caliper if you don't have one just to be sure on the length of your adjustable pushrod, I don't like going off turns.)

I'm at .91 for preload now using LS7 lifters. if I remember right, before I was sitting in the .40's of preload before I swapped rods. This is what happens when you or shops ballpark your pushrod length based off of numerous other setups instead of forcing you or them to measure for the correct length. Also, every setup differs from FI to N/A and everyone has an opinion on what preload to run but its worth a check if you're having issues.

have a look at your A/F ratio around that RPM range where the falloff occurs, my motor likes to be on the leaner side of the safe range, its amazing what going from 11.8 - 12.3 will do.

At the end of the day, I cant say how much of it was preload or how much of it was in the tune (switched tuners). I do know .40ies on a FI setup for preload is way off and hardly enough for a stock LS1.

Hope you get your issue sorted out, I know how much I was racking my brain over it but it will probably turn out to be something small. Happy hunting.

Quick Reply: Power loss at 6300