C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bizarre oil temp sensor behavior with nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2021, 02:44 PM
clvtnd
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bizarre oil temp sensor behavior with nitrous

This might be a shot in the dark, but maybe someone has gone thru this. I'm experiencing a gremlin on my nitrous C5 where after I arm and use the nitrous (could be a pull or two), it will trigger my oil temp to read 'LOW' and stay 'LOW', regardless if I disarm the system afterwards. It's a Nitrous Outlet LS1/LS6 wet plate kit with WINMAX controller. I'm using spark retard via the WINMAX and the "resistor trick" with the CLT sensor, which is working flawless based on my logs. What I don't get is what on earth could be possibly triggering the oil temp to read 'LOW', besides a faulty sensor. After shutting of the vehicle for a few minutes, the oil temp sensor is restored and reads back normally. It's happened more than once in this specific fashion...

Looking for troubleshooting tips, since I'm stumped at see no relationship between the nitrous and the oil temp reading LOW. PS: Oil pressure is working perfectly and reading perfectly.
Old 11-03-2021, 07:21 AM
SmoothFRC
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

Sounds like it may be a faulty sensor - The temps would be higher after the pulls, which would be a different reading for the sensor and likely why it's reading fine again once the oil cools back down.

Quick Reply: Bizarre oil temp sensor behavior with nitrous