C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto trans question/ help needed

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 08:27 AM
Gitusum
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Roger Z06
Okay few questions, where is your Trans cooler (please don't say rear facia)?
Who filled the transmission and did they have a clue?
I recently burned up my clutches, drum, band clamp, and some other little ****. Cost me $1000... How much does rpm charge for labor?
my trans cooler is mounted up front behind a brake duct.
far as i know mayhem motorsports filled the trans and im starting to think either they dont have a clue or because of the distance i am away they dont care and both reasons are poor business practice either way
RPM will do you good just give them a call and talk to them and they can tell you more than i can

Rick
Old 12-23-2013, 03:23 PM
Roger Z06
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gitusum
my trans cooler is mounted up front behind a brake duct.
far as i know mayhem motorsports filled the trans and im starting to think either they dont have a clue or because of the distance i am away they dont care and both reasons are poor business practice either way
RPM will do you good just give them a call and talk to them and they can tell you more than i can

Rick
Yea, I had no clue how to fill an auto c5 trans(always had z06's) but I did the swap and burned up my trans because it was a gallon low on fluid.
I mean I knew about filling them "pump fluid in the drain plug until it overflows, rinse repeat, go through the gears and do it again. The key part that I had no clue about was filling it while it was running... See I would shut it off after going through gears.... jump under the car and pump some until it filled. I did this about 10 times until it was automatically overflowing when I checked the drain plug. After my tuner came by and we got it 1, 2, 3 shifting with no problem I thought I had it whooped. Well when it started to flare in 2nd gear I started researching and found the proper filling technique. Long story short, I was a Gallon low on fluid and fried that baby.
What I am wondering is if this shop didn't fill it correctly causing it to get so damn hot.
My only problem with that is my car stayed at 170* -180* all the time, B&M Supercooler in the pass side brake duct compartment.

Quick Reply: Auto trans question/ help needed