C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto trans question/ help needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 07:35 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Gitusum
receipts only say level 3 rear and level 5 trans not what gears
Yes but the receipt should have an invoice number which should be able to be looked up by rpm to tell specifics

either way if mayhem did pull a fast one on ya. Its still pertinent to develop undisputed proof.

If your going to pursue it that way

Last edited by MVP'S ZO6; 11-09-2013 at 07:39 PM.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:49 PM
Chris Stewart
Safety Car

Received 118 Likes on 78 Posts

i was curious if the switch that was cracked and glued back together have anything to possibly do with it? it is hooked up to the computer thru wires and if not working properly because its busted couldnt it cause the trans to not act properly? i dont know far as it locking up properly Chris because i really only drove it home on the highway and around town here maybe 3 days tops (about a hour a day) so i didnt notice if it was or not but i do know the car would idle high sometimes and sometimes not and if say driving down the road and i come to a hill and let off the gas to maintain speed it would sometimes continue to pull and sometimes it would downshift like it was being downshifted manually and sometimes it would go from say 2k rpms which is where i would be at around 45 to 50mph and when i let off the gas it would kinda stay at that rpm for a few then just drop down to 1000rpm like i was in a manual and put the car in neutral. so yea i guess it acted different all the time
I don't think the lockup runs thru the neutral safety switch, but I've never tried running without one either. There is another trans harness on the other side. That "cruise control" behavior and idle drop sounds like Throttle Cracker settings in the tune. It would be good to have your tune checked by another shop. Do you have HPTuners?
Old 11-09-2013, 09:58 PM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Stewart
I don't think the lockup runs thru the neutral safety switch, but I've never tried running without one either. There is another trans harness on the other side. That "cruise control" behavior and idle drop sounds like Throttle Cracker settings in the tune. It would be good to have your tune checked by another shop. Do you have HPTuners?
Chris what if his converter never went into lock up on his long drive home could that burn it up?
Old 11-09-2013, 10:02 PM
Gitusum
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Stewart
no i was going to buy hp tuners from a forum member last week or so but then the trans went out so that killed the funds for hp tuners and believe me i know more than anyone what this shop can and has done and dont trust the tune lol. Chris my Ti piping kinda looks like a black snake that has that blue highlight to it

Old 11-09-2013, 10:06 PM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

no i was going to buy hp tuners from a forum member last week or so but then the trans went out so that killed the funds for hp tuners and believe me i know more than anyone what this shop can and has done and dont trust the tune lol. Chris my Ti piping kinda looks like a black snake that has that blue highlight to it

Are you sure those Ti ex are yours
Old 11-09-2013, 10:07 PM
Gitusum
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by a/c man
Are you sure those Ti ex are yours
no not really no!!!
Old 12-09-2013, 08:50 PM
Gitusum
Le Mans Master

Default Update!

so i called rpm today and was told the following.... my car was tuned for a 3.42 which is what was in my car a year ago like i said not a 3.73 like mayhem said to me that they looked at my tune and said it was tuned for a 3.73!!! gotta love some honesty right?!?!?!?! sent mayhem the tune file as well and guess what? silence!!! no response at all!!! I also still have issues with the parts i am missing which customers of mine are waiting on and 2 batteries that mayhem said they were old and both dead..... well the red top optima battery was brand new within 3 months or so before even going to their shop so it died from something on.... then get charged by mayhem for a replacement battery which also died again probably the same cause of sitting around for 6 months!!! so now i am told they were junk batteries... which both were paid for out of my pocket and were new when i had paid for both!!! now i have a sidepost battery in my vette and the other 2 were dual post for my audio equipment which i cant hook up cause i dont have the proper battery!!

If mayhem motorsports was the last place on earth to work on my car...... i would walk instead of giving it to them!

Rick
Old 12-09-2013, 09:11 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

So is mayhem going to take care of your transmission or do you have to come out of pocket?
Old 12-09-2013, 09:20 PM
Gitusum
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
So is mayhem going to take care of your transmission or do you have to come out of pocket?
at this moment i do not know.... rpm has not taken the trans down yet to see what all is going on
Old 12-09-2013, 09:29 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

What in the tune signified an improper transmission tune? Did they tell you?
Old 12-09-2013, 09:32 PM
Gitusum
Le Mans Master

What in the tune signified an improper transmission tune? Did they tell you?
tuned for a 3.42 and it was a 3.73 in it which as i said the car always had a 3.42 in it and it was swapped out by them this past year and nothing mayhem can say will convince me otherwise!!
Old 12-09-2013, 09:43 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

I hope they do the right thing here.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:57 PM
Gitusum
Le Mans Master

I hope they do the right thing here.
they will or they will in court either way works for me! oh and by the way Mike..... Ouch! just seen that post you did
Old 12-09-2013, 11:01 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Im sick of shops thinking they can bone people.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:36 PM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

How car RPM tell if the trans was tuned for a 3:42 without even opening it up ? Or did someone look at the tune and see it was wrong tuned for 3:42s and the car has a 3:73 because mayhem stole your 3:42s
Old 12-09-2013, 11:43 PM
Gitusum
Le Mans Master

How car RPM tell if the trans was tuned for a 3:42 without even opening it up ? Or did someone look at the tune and see it was wrong tuned for 3:42s and the car has a 3:73 because mayhem stole your 3:42s
i sent the tune file from my car to rpm and they sent it to their tuner who confirmed my tune was for a 3.42 and a 3.73 is in it which when i got my car back from mayhem last december and put it on the lift at the shop i work at it had a 3.42 in it and when i got it back this october it had a 3.73 in it
Old 12-09-2013, 11:54 PM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

i sent the tune file from my car to rpm and they sent it to their tuner who confirmed my tune was for a 3.42 and a 3.73 is in it which when i got my car back from mayhem last december and put it on the lift at the shop i work at it had a 3.42 in it and when i got it back this october it had a 3.73 in it
That is so wrong of Mayhem Motorsports they swapped your parts out for junk! I would be pissed calling attorney up for sure, they better come clean

Get notified of new replies

To Auto trans question/ help needed

Old 12-10-2013, 12:23 AM
Gitusum
Le Mans Master

That is so wrong of Mayhem Motorsports they swapped your parts out for junk! I would be pissed calling attorney up for sure, they better come clean
i have a lawyer i talked to a couple months back that is up there on stand by they continue to deny it stating that the 3.73 has always been in it from day 1 of the swap 3 years ago which is totally false period!! I seen the 3.42 with my own eyes last year along with 2 other people who were there when the car was up in the air. I also know that the trans that was in it a year ago was a cast color rpm trans not a black trans that was in it this time. so basically the trans and rear that was in my car was swapped for whats in it now so alot less unbolting etc etc.

when i talked to the owner of mayhem and he told me point blank that its always been a 3.73 in it which is a lie and said rpm only makes black transmissions which was also a lie then flat out told me he had the tuner at his shop pull up the tune on my car and they both said 100% tuned for a 3.73 again another straight out lie but im expected to believe that after 2 other parties have looked at my tune file besides myself and confirmed it was tuned for a 3.42 that they are being truthful about the swap? im not buying it as far as i can throw it!!! when i confronted the owner with ....remember you telling me rpm only made black transmissions? i said if thats the case why is another 1 of your customers cars in a pic that was uploaded to your shops facebook page show a car with a cast rpm trans getting put in it and is cast in color not black? he stated because they only make automatic trans in black which was another lie from the post a forum member posted on this thread of his automatic transmission in cast...

and finally he wanted me to email him a copy of my tune file as well which i did and have not heard anything from him since ....why? because he knows that the tune was for a 3.42 not the 3.73 he said that 100% was on the car..... when they switched my stuff that was the minor thing they forgot to cover up in getting caught and wants to blame it on the hp .... which i am sure that was the plan as they knew the trans was old etc and wouldnt last because you just dont burn up a trans at 15mph pulling out of a gas station and you dont use 825rwhp to get up to 15mph to do so...which basically means

SHADY BUSINESS AND BUSTED!!!
Old 12-10-2013, 12:39 AM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

in his tune the speedo calibration is set for a 3.42 gear. here take a look.

Name:  rick 3.42 gear.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  21.5 KB

Name:  Ricks Final Gear ratio.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  22.5 KB
Old 12-10-2013, 01:32 AM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

yea they lied for sure.

Quick Reply: Auto trans question/ help needed