C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New updated TT427 LSX version, Tarzan !

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 10:33 PM
highpockets
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

As for the fuel system. From the tank,-12 line,to Magnaflow 100micron filter,to Aeromotive Pro series pump,to -10 feed to rails(through another billet 10 micron filter,then Y to -8 lines to the rails.From the rails I will go -8 to the Aeromotive Pro series regulator,then -8 return back to the tank.For the time being,I am going to plumb the dr side tank for pickup and return and try to devise a y-block on the return line to feed the pass side tank.

From the pump to the tank,as well as all rails,reg and return lines will be done with black hose and fittings,the undercar feed lines may be the existing braided hose I have( That -12 and -10 stuff is spendy !
Old 09-26-2013, 10:38 PM
highpockets
Drifting

After running the calculations,I decided on a set of 160lbs Billet Atomizer injectors and they are (hopefully) on the way ! All of this will be controlled by a Holley Dominator EFI stand alone Engine management setup,allowing me to get rid of the two-step,boost controller,TCI trans controller,meth controller as well as giving me oodles of Data logging capacity and info ! I just hope my guy can get the damn thing to start !
Thats probably it for a few,need to set the mockup engine in and start fitting the turbos,I forgot to order my head studs so they too are on the way. Stay tuned,I hope to have this beast on the road before the snow flies ! I will post some updated pics of the turbo setup and fitment,I am NOT looking forward to that !

Last edited by highpockets; 09-26-2013 at 10:39 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-27-2013, 12:04 AM
highpockets
Drifting

Originally Posted by Rkreigh
interested in the details about the LSX 427 short block cost from LME and the TEA 6 bolt heads if you wouldn't mind sharing

top shelf stuff! interested in the "generic" turbo manifolds

are those OBX ?? awesome project

PM me if you don't want to post the cost

good luck and thanks for posting.

it's gonna be a runner for sure!
Sent you a PM ! I did consider the MAST heads but at nearly $5K PLUS a new set of rockers as well as LS3 style intake,I just couldnt swing it ! Yes,the headers are a cheap set of OBX,I plan to mock it up and see if they will work,I can always have a local guy fab me a set once I get everything set up the way I want. I am considering relocation/modification of the bumper bar to allow for additional room between the engine and coolers for the turbos. I am also planning on a CF high rise hood as I am sure the new intake wont clear(damn the luck! ) I will keep you posted,let me know if you have any other suggestions and a big thank you for all the encouragement from everyone !
Old 09-27-2013, 08:01 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

This is looking like a murderous combo!
Old 09-27-2013, 09:52 AM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Might as well take those nice valve covers and start making bigger holes in them. Your gonna need em!!
Old 09-27-2013, 10:21 AM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Sweet!
Old 09-27-2013, 12:01 PM
MawneeC5
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Holy hell! Same turbo I'm using but with a BB upgrade and doubled up. This is going to be a killer setup.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:59 PM
Shoaf85
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Are you going to retain power steering? Where are you planning on moving the alt. to? This is gonna be an awesome build, subscribed!
Old 09-29-2013, 10:15 PM
highpockets
Drifting

Small update. Dropped the trusty "mock up" engine in,pulled the rad/condenser asy out,test fit headers.Pass side,no problem.Well,in the big scheme of things anyway,will need to heat shield/insulate AC lines and heater hoses,of course,will need Canton or similar coolant tank. Dr side ? Not so fast.Either the brake booster needs to move over or the header needs to be smaller. Brake booster lost,got a "temp" adjustment(OK,I dented it !) and I will go back and remove,cut and weld a flat to give a smooth and clean appearance. Def gonna have to shield the brake hoses,as well as the ABS pump assy.
The headers set pretty far forward,and the original idea to mount the turbos between the rad and engine was Sh*&canned in favor of a slightly more forward mounting location.This will help with exhaust routing as the shock towers are in the way if I move back.Downside(well,additional work anyway) is I will need a 2 in shorter overall height rad to clear the hood in the forward position. So,off to order a rad,some short SS flex coupling(Turbos will be mounted to frame rails) And some 3" stainless to commence building the connectors.I am sure I will have to cut,shorten the existing header collectors as I want to add the flex section in.
Lets see,what else ? Oh,yeah,the intake ! Well,obviously,it doesnt fit YET either ! But,I marked and measured and it appears with some judicial cutting/trimming, I will be able to clear the wiper linkage as well as run this intake.In the event I get INTO the wiper linkage,the plan is to cut the back end off the intake and machine a flat alum plate to bolt to it and shorten the rear overhang(approx 1 in or so PAST the rear set of runners.I would cut at an angle to allow the floor of the plenum to remain,just angle forward from there.So,a little progress,some (OK a TON) more work to do but I am happy to be diving in ! Will add a few more pics as I build the connector pipes/final mount turbos.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:21 PM
highpockets
Drifting

As you can see in this pic, the exhaust exits stage left(at least on the dr side) The plan is to come out above the rail,in the top/front corner of the inner fender.Then back approx 45 deg towards the leaf spring hugging the rail for tire clearance.Then,back under the rail,between the lower subframe/rail back next to the oilpan and finally mating up with the orig style exhaust near the bellhousing area. I am POSITIVE that it sounds MUCH easier on paper than it will actually be. Never mind I still have to incorporate a set of BOV in the system as well. One thing at a time !

Hopefully I will have some tubing by the end of the week and I can got this thing tucked in.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:35 PM
SBCGENII
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

You keeping the Alternator in the stock location? Is the block in the motor mounts and is the torque tube bolted up?
Old 09-29-2013, 11:07 PM
highpockets
Drifting

Originally Posted by SBCGENII
You keeping the Alternator in the stock location? Is the block in the motor mounts and is the torque tube bolted up?
Block is in motor mounts,stock location,bolted to torque tube.I have a block of wood underneath as I dont have the dr side pedestal yet. I will probably run a small frame alternator on the pass side and move the Vac pump down below the header.Just test fitting things today,I dont see a stock alternator fitting at all.

Last edited by highpockets; 09-29-2013 at 11:17 PM. Reason: spell
Old 09-29-2013, 11:16 PM
highpockets
Drifting

Although looking at it head on,I could almost mount one straight up like the truck mounts !
Old 10-01-2013, 08:16 PM
skull
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

any more pictures on the work it took to mount the pro flow
Old 10-01-2013, 10:50 PM
highpockets
Drifting

Originally Posted by skull
any more pictures on the work it took to mount the pro flow
I should have some more this weekend. It looks as though I will need to take about 2.5 inches out of the cowl.This will put me VERY close to the wiper linkage.As I noted,I am NOT removing wipers,so if it needs more room,the back of the intake itself will get" adjusted" I will keep you posted,I was way more worried about height,in reality,the amount the engine hangs under the cowl is a much bigger issue.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:17 AM
highpockets
Drifting

Well we have had some lousy weather,coupled with waiting for a few other items to show up so minor update tonight. I noticed laying out the fuel system I had a -10 size fuel pre filter feeding a -12 pump inlet.That wont work well so I ordered a slick Aeromotive -12 100 micron filter with a shutoff lever built in for service of the fuel system ! Also got the tank fitting I needed as well.

Got the headers back from the welder,we shorted and squared up the flanges to allow for a more gradual bend between header and turbo,next step,mount turbos !
Old 10-15-2013, 12:26 AM
highpockets
Drifting

New Carbon fiber cowl hood showed up today,cant wait to see what it looks like on the car ! Should clear intake just fine.

Also received a box of mandrel bends for the connections/BOV as well as some SS v-band kits and the turbo mounting flanges.

I have to mount the turbos ,then build connecting pipes,then have my welder make them pretty.Then,I can build the BOV tubes and connect back into the downpipes inside the front fender.Still waiting on two tight radius 3" SS bends for my turbo outlet,then that part will commence. Ordered an alum radiator(core size for an 85-89 C4 vette as its 2in shorter) to try in the "mock up" as well as an intercooler.Probably wont see those til end of the week but I have plenty to do.More updates soon,trans is finally back from builder along with a COAN converter,I should be able to put that back in the car then plumb up the fuel system also.

Get notified of new replies

To New updated TT427 LSX version, Tarzan !

Old 10-15-2013, 02:05 AM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Old 10-16-2013, 12:56 AM
JMBLOWNWS6
Melting Slicks

Received 111 Likes on 77 Posts

This is going to be a monster big dog.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:34 AM
JoeyG
Safety Car

Received 84 Likes on 76 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

For the Pro-Flo intake I used the Hinson drop motor mounts and the was able to gain more cowl wiper clearance. I used light aluminum sheeting and heat formed abs to fill in the cutout gap.

Awesome project far exceeding my junk though!

Quick Reply: New updated TT427 LSX version, Tarzan !