C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guess what HP I will Make

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 04:35 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Gitusum
thanx Bret here is why the heat blowing out the window vent kinda confuses me.... with the a/c it blows out of the proper vent
I dunno about that. Just make sure that line has vacuum as needed and see what you've got.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:50 PM
Gitusum
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
I dunno about that. Just make sure that line has vacuum as needed and see what you've got.

will do and i plan on getting hp tuners so i can log data etc and have Mike (MVP) help me out some as well as you of course since im a newb far as hp tuners goes
Old 10-20-2013, 07:09 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

I'm with Bret on this one. Vacuum leaks are a PITA. Do a boost and vacuum leak test. Make sure all your vacuum lines are secure. I like to put zip ties on mine. If there's leaking fix it and then it will be necessary to tune again. Given your symptoms I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a leak somewhere.

I had vacuum leaks galor at first. Lol.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:25 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT56
Not in the VE Robert.
I was thinking that is the table it was fixed in. But for sure I am no tuner.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:30 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT56
Not in the VE Robert.
Bret can you free the converter at his surging points to stop that.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:49 AM
SBCGENII
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

I'm glad you finally got the car out of there. I'm sure the tune needs work but like everyone already said you need to check for leaks first. Your gas mileage will go up and the surging will be gone when you're done.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:03 PM
alans02z
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by a/c man
Find a better tuner please
I'm with this guy. Sounds like you got a crap end of the deal. As long as they had it, you'd think they could've at least got the tune a little closer. I don't use Mayhem, but would've expected more from them.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:16 PM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 271 Likes on 211 Posts

I had a vent issue like yours years ago on my C4, I think it was just a vacuum hose leak. Check your cruise controll too.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:33 PM
Gitusum
Le Mans Master

its official!!! I have hired a lawyer who will represent me in the case against Mayhem Motorsports.

Rick
Old 12-29-2013, 05:50 PM
Darion
Safety Car

Received 232 Likes on 142 Posts

Sucks ya have to go this far but ya gatta get compensation for what looks to be a series of blunders on there part.

Good luck, pullin for ya,

Pat
Old 12-29-2013, 05:54 PM
Gitusum
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Darion
Sucks ya have to go this far but ya gatta get compensation for what looks to be a series of blunders on there part.

Good luck, pullin for ya,

Pat
thanx Pat and at some point my patience with the over and over screw ups lies etc etc has taken its toll on me and almost 3 years of car time lost as well as $25 grand i have spent with them to drive the car less than 15 days total
Old 12-29-2013, 06:35 PM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 271 Likes on 211 Posts

Did you find a vacuum leak?
Old 12-29-2013, 07:13 PM
Gitusum
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 95wht6spd
Did you find a vacuum leak?
no sir not yet the trans and rear has been out of it for awhile. i should be getting them back from rpm tomorrow hopefully
Old 12-30-2013, 07:50 PM
Gitusum
Le Mans Master

I got my trans and rear back today from RPM all i can say is WOW! they even cleaned them up and they look brand new!!! I again would really like to thank Rodney and crew at RPM for being such a great help through all this when they didnt have to By far the classiest act out there bar none!! RPM have my business from now on and will tell anyone who is looking for trans and rear work to go thru them period! Yea i know it sounds like i am kissing alot of butt here but from all the crap i have been thru in the last few years i was really losing faith in all shops and it really made my year the work they done for me!

On another note... I spoke with Rodney today on the phone and he sent my old 3.73 that was in the car back with the trans and rear saying it was in super condition and so anyone here wanting a 3.73 i have 1 for sale for $200

and finally..... by new years day my car should be back together

Rick
Old 02-22-2014, 09:44 AM
Gitusum
Le Mans Master

got the rear broke in and changed the fluids.... as of today i am going to get the car straightened out so it can be re tuned the RIGHT way not the mayhem motorsports way. So this weekend will be spent taking care of any vacuum leaks ( and if the rest of the build has been crappy i am sure i will find a ton of them! ) will update more sunday

Rick

Oh and I forgot to mention.... when putting the trans and rear back in when I got it back from RPM i noticed my KB bap was gone! SO i guess they figured they needed my parts more than I did! I just love a thief!!! Or worse a lying stealing shop that i actually paid really good money to be lied and stole from.... and they never even offered any lube as they were doing me! lol

Last edited by Gitusum; 02-22-2014 at 09:49 AM.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:55 PM
Darion
Safety Car

Received 232 Likes on 142 Posts

Good news you are making progress and have a tuner lined up that you are happy with.

On a side note, dang seems like the aftermarket upgrades ya did were picked over pretty good if they were the not so obvious ones. Ya know like the diff and trans, at first glance looked fine but do a little digging and not your stuff. The BAP, really took that too, ridiculous. I would guess ya have good aftermarket valve springs on that motor, did they swap them out for stock thinking, hey he'll never look under the covers and if he does it will be so long down the road we're in the clear.

Glad to hear you are still at it and making progress, how about an update on the part where ya get compensation for the thieving, lying ******** that was pulled on you.

PC
Old 02-23-2014, 01:21 AM
Gitusum
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Darion
Good news you are making progress and have a tuner lined up that you are happy with.

On a side note, dang seems like the aftermarket upgrades ya did were picked over pretty good if they were the not so obvious ones. Ya know like the diff and trans, at first glance looked fine but do a little digging and not your stuff. The BAP, really took that too, ridiculous. I would guess ya have good aftermarket valve springs on that motor, did they swap them out for stock thinking, hey he'll never look under the covers and if he does it will be so long down the road we're in the clear.

Glad to hear you are still at it and making progress, how about an update on the part where ya get compensation for the thieving, lying ******** that was pulled on you.

PC
the last part is still work in progress

Get notified of new replies

To Guess what HP I will Make

Old 04-16-2014, 11:24 AM
Gitusum
Le Mans Master

just a lil update since i have gotten a few pm's asking how the car/case is doing....

i have not been on here much for several reasons
working alot (not unemployed for the moment)
working on the car
working on painting the inside of my house

So the update is this.... i swapped out widebands and got the selection with help from MVP on my choice and purchased the ngk wideband which is a nice product for sure! i been chasing wiring,codes etc issues which are pretty much all gone except the abs which will hopefully be addressed within the next week or so.i did discover my a/c isnt working after i spent over $700 to fix it before sending the car back to them the final time and get it back... yep no a/c so that has to be fixed as well. i sent out my dic controls to get the led's fixed so my dash is apart til they get back. once they are back i am going to install a fuel pressure gauge,swap out intakes,change plugs wires to a different brand of wires,and change the plugs and i should be ready for some tuning to get started!

far as the court case.... i talked with my lawyer last week and i had sent him about 500 pages of documents in jan/feb to look over which is still being looked over and sorted out. (its alot of paperwork ) i still have more to send him but he said to wait til he gets this sorted out 1st and thats as far as its gotten at the moment and a case like this will take some time and not a small claims case where its a file papers go to court get result kinda thing . i will update more as i find out

thanx for all the support from members/friends here it means alot

Rick

Last edited by Gitusum; 04-16-2014 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:04 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Gitusum
just a lil update since i have gotten a few pm's asking how the car/case is doing....

i have not been on here much for several reasons
working alot (not unemployed for the moment)
working on the car
working on painting the inside of my house

So the update is this.... i swapped out widebands and got the selection with help from MVP on my choice and purchased the ngk wideband which is a nice product for sure! i been chasing wiring,codes etc issues which are pretty much all gone except the abs which will hopefully be addressed within the next week or so. i sent out my dic controls to get the led's fixed so my dash is apart til they get back. once they are back i am going to install a fuel pressure gauge,swap out intakes,change plugs wires to a different brand of wires,and change the plugs and i should be ready for some tuning to get started!

far as the court case.... i talked with my lawyer last week and i had sent him about 500 pages of documents in jan/feb to look over which is still being looked over and sorted out. (its alot of paperwork ) i still have more to send him but he said to wait til he gets this sorted out 1st and thats as far as its gotten at the moment and a case like this will take some time and not a small claims case where its a file papers go to court get result kinda thing . i will update more as i find out

thanx for all the support from members/friends here it means alot

Rick
Rick, sounds like you have it going on in the case. I just hope for you and that money you going to be out. That this guy are guys don't have every thing in wife's name. Good luck buddy... Robert
Old 04-16-2014, 01:14 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Glad to see you're making progress Rick!

Quick Reply: Guess what HP I will Make