C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharged guys, tell me your track racing techniques!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 10:45 AM
Native
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Supercharged guys, tell me your track racing techniques!

Since being supercharged, I've gone to the track a couple times and have had fairly marginal results. I'm consistently in the 11.4-11.6 @ 127 (2.0 60ft's). This is with mid 70* weather and 1400-1900 DA.

My power level is 619/514. I have nearly new tires and a new Mcleod Rxt clutch. I'm not that good at track racing and I'm certainly not used to racing Corvettes (especially supercharged ones).
I know I need a lot more seat time but I'm hoping to get a few pointers to maybe get that 11.0 or 10.99's yet this year.

My largest problem is traction. I run 315 35 18 Toyo Proxes TQ drag radials. I'm not that good at burnouts so I don't think I heat them up as much as I need to. I basically drop the clutch and try to spin them as long as I can. (I don't have a line lock).

So 1st, I need to know your technique for a burnout. Also, what psi are your tires at?

The other problem I have is spinning down the track. It doesn't matter if I roll off the line or drop it from 3k rpm's, I spin most of first and the first bit of 2nd gear.
2nd, are you feathering first a little until you have traction?

What are pointers do you 600+ supercharged guys have for me?

Appreciate any insight.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:34 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by sworaz
Since being supercharged, I've gone to the track a couple times and have had fairly marginal results. I'm consistently in the 11.4-11.6 @ 127 (2.0 60ft's). This is with mid 70* weather and 1400-1900 DA.

My power level is 619/514. I have nearly new tires and a new Mcleod Rxt clutch. I'm not that good at track racing and I'm certainly not used to racing Corvettes (especially supercharged ones).
I know I need a lot more seat time but I'm hoping to get a few pointers to maybe get that 11.0 or 10.99's yet this year.

My largest problem is traction. I run 315 35 18 Toyo Proxes TQ drag radials. I'm not that good at burnouts so I don't think I heat them up as much as I need to. I basically drop the clutch and try to spin them as long as I can. (I don't have a line lock).

So 1st, I need to know your technique for a burnout. Also, what psi are your tires at?

The other problem I have is spinning down the track. It doesn't matter if I roll off the line or drop it from 3k rpm's, I spin most of first and the first bit of 2nd gear.

Appreciate any insight.
Get a set of 16 slicks bias on the rear. 100% you need to be feathering the right foot. Pull air out of the tires to about 18 to 20 psi then would at 1 psi from the 18 just to get the feel of the rear. Try coming out of the hole at the line at about 2600 to 2800 rpm,s until you find the cars sweet spot. Ever track is diff due to prep & temp also. Robert
Old 07-26-2013, 12:48 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sworaz

Appreciate any insight.

Try going to GLD on a RSD night. The track prep will be way better then normal in my experience. I only live 5 mins from the track and spend quite a bit of time there. Honestly, at that power level, with those tires, you shouldnt really have any traction issues. Get them good and hot.

Last edited by breecher_7; 07-26-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:42 PM
Native
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by breecher_7
Try going to GLD on a RSD night. The track prep will be way better then normal in my experience. I only live 5 mins from the track and spend quite a bit of time there. Honestly, at that power level, with those tires, you shouldnt really have any traction issues. Get them good and hot.
Yeah I went to GLD on Weds and it was awful. I'm closer to Byron and have had great luck there. Will probably make another go at it next month.

Get notified of new replies

To Supercharged guys, tell me your track racing techniques!

Quick Reply: Supercharged guys, tell me your track racing techniques!