C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alky injection

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 12:24 PM
Cedarberry
Drifting

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Alky injection

Do you have to have meth injection on a procharger stage2 kit . From what I'm reading its mainly for coolin purposes, new to F1, and wondering if this is a must
Old 05-08-2013, 12:35 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

We need a Methanol "Sticky" at the top of this page...

What exactly is a Procharger "stage 2" kit?

I have always gotten a kick out of "stage" kits....

It can be used for cooling air charge and added power... Car can be tuned to use it simply as a safety mechanism or it can be tuned to be dependent on it kind of like a race gas....
Old 05-08-2013, 12:56 PM
Cedarberry
Drifting

Stage 2 is one better then stage 1, lol.

Just goin with the kits description as I couldn't tell stage 1 from 2 anyway and just wanted to ensure I posted correct info.

This is the kit
http://www.procharger.com/c5_corvette.shtml
Old 05-08-2013, 02:05 PM
PhysicsDude55
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Depends on how much boost and power you're expecting, and what engine you're using.

Generally, spraying meth or 50/50 meth/water will cool down the incoming air, and act as an octane booster, both of which prevent predetonation, which means you can run more boost without blowing up your engine.

I don't think its ever a must, but it will let you make more power. IMO if a $500 meth injection setup will make a $10000 engine/blower setup produce 50+ more horsepower, than its probably worth it, not to mention methanol is very good for your engine, it helps keep it alive and clean. Its just a lot of other mods like intake, exhaust, intercooler, etc. You don't really /need/ them, but at some point its dumb not to use it.

Last edited by PhysicsDude55; 05-08-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Cedarberry
Drifting

LS1, 243 heads, CAI, fast90 manifold is current set up, will run standard boost kit produces with included pullies
Old 05-13-2013, 10:31 AM
Julio
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Cedarberry
LS1, 243 heads, CAI, fast90 manifold is current set up, will run standard boost kit produces with included pullies
If the setup will accept a tune on the gasoline available to you, and your happy with the results.. then not needed. If the timing has to be pulled severely due to compression, carbon on pistons, cam, boost level, etc and your not happy with results.. then adding it will be of tremedous value.

To make power is boost and timing. Simply said. The octane available will determine how far these can be taken.

Example your at 6 psi boost, 20 degree's of timing. A meth kit will not give much gain. Vs your at 12 psi of boost and 10 degree's of timing.. a kit's benefits can be huge.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:41 PM
road pilot
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,254 Likes on 817 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2016 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Julio
If the setup will accept a tune on the gasoline available to you, and your happy with the results.. then not needed. If the timing has to be pulled severely due to compression, carbon on pistons, cam, boost level, etc and your not happy with results.. then adding it will be of tremedous value.

To make power is boost and timing. Simply said. The octane available will determine how far these can be taken.

Example your at 6 psi boost, 20 degree's of timing. A meth kit will not give much gain. Vs your at 12 psi of boost and 10 degree's of timing.. a kit's benefits can be huge.
Listen to Julio he is the MAN when it comes to Alky Injection.
He is a wealth of good information and a expert.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:23 AM
Cedarberry
Drifting

Thanks guys, much appreciated. I'm goin to go ahead and use it, even though I probably don't need it on current set up, will be good to have installed for future upgrades to engine.

Get notified of new replies

To Alky injection

Quick Reply: Alky injection