C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Decided to go FI (any and all comments welcome)

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 12:34 PM
ZZ06
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Default Decided to go FI (any and all comments welcome)

Well the time is finally here. I have been N/A in (at one point 2) LSX cars now for 8 years of my life. I have a cammed 01ZO6 that has 112k and running strong as ever. Im thinking of building a forged 347 motor from TSP and then going with the si trim kit from A&A. I have looked up quite a few youtube vids on A&A and im sold on their kit. A question for thought though is how much harm would come to my current motor if i did the supercharger now? What about the tranny? how about the output shafts? I dont track my car but im curious about some responses. Thanks.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:34 PM
meadowz06
Race Director

Received 960 Likes on 572 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13

Magnuson TVS!
Old 02-25-2013, 04:35 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 182 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by ZZ06
Well the time is finally here. I have been N/A in (at one point 2) LSX cars now for 8 years of my life. I have a cammed 01ZO6 that has 112k and running strong as ever. Im thinking of building a forged 347 motor from TSP and then going with the si trim kit from A&A. I have looked up quite a few youtube vids on A&A and im sold on their kit. A question for thought though is how much harm would come to my current motor if i did the supercharger now? What about the tranny? how about the output shafts? I dont track my car but im curious about some responses. Thanks.
A built motor is always nice to have when wanting to really turn up the power, but I wouldn't hesitate to just put our Si-trim kit on the current cammed setup and make 550-600rwhp with ease. With a great tuner to dial it in, you will be smiling from ear to ear for a while. Stock clutch may not last long though with 112k miles. If you only run a street tire and have no plans of launching it at the track you will be fine on stock trans and diff.

PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO VISIT OUR NEW WEBSITE AT WWW.AACORVETTE.COM
NOW PARTNERING WITH AFFIRM TO OFFER INTEREST FREE FINANCING!

A&A CORVETTE PERFORMANCE
477 LAMBERT ST Ste A
OXNARD CA 93036
(805) 278-4107

Instagram @aacorvettesuperchargers
Facebook.com/AACorvette

Old 02-25-2013, 05:01 PM
ZZ06
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh@AandASuperchargers
A built motor is always nice to have when wanting to really turn up the power, but I wouldn't hesitate to just put our Si-trim kit on the current cammed setup and make 550-600rwhp with ease. With a great tuner to dial it in, you will be smiling from ear to ear for a while. Stock clutch may not last long though with 112k miles. If you only run a street tire and have no plans of launching it at the track you will be fine on stock trans and diff.
Thank you for the reply. Well stock clutch was long ago replaced. The PP went boom. I have monster stage 3 now so no worries when it comes to the clutch. Im sorry i shoulve given some details. My car has LG streets, vararam(which i know will be coming off), Corsa Xtreme exhaust, Custom grind 234/242 .598 .610 112+3, LS7 lifters, EHT springs, hardend pushrods, trunion upgrade, UD pulley, w/ MSD's wires. Im aware that cam will more than likely have to come out do to its massive overlap. But do you honestly think slapping on a charger with my kinda miles is wise? Do i plan to go to the track? ehh i will make it there eventually but it will never be strictly a track car.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:38 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 182 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by ZZ06
Thank you for the reply. Well stock clutch was long ago replaced. The PP went boom. I have monster stage 3 now so no worries when it comes to the clutch. Im sorry i shoulve given some details. My car has LG streets, vararam(which i know will be coming off), Corsa Xtreme exhaust, Custom grind 234/242 .598 .610 112+3, LS7 lifters, EHT springs, hardend pushrods, trunion upgrade, UD pulley, w/ MSD's wires. Im aware that cam will more than likely have to come out do to its massive overlap. But do you honestly think slapping on a charger with my kinda miles is wise? Do i plan to go to the track? ehh i will make it there eventually but it will never be strictly a track car.
Details are always nice.

No need to pull that cam, will make great power with centri setup. I've done MS4 and boost before and made sick power.
I would be leary of the EHT springs as I've had some of those crack on a few builds.

The highest mileage vette I've done this on is a '01 automatic with stock bottom-end LS1 and currently has 194,000 miles on the bottom-end. It went boosted A&A V3 Si-trim at 100,000 miles and has been making 525rwhp with AlkyControl meth kit ever since. They are original owner of car and drive it every where and make trips to the streets of "Mexico" often.

FYI: Meth not required all builds. We did it since this build has high compression from "very" milled and ported 243's. Decided to keep compression high and just run low boost and meth and see how long it would last. Has been a mule ever since.

Last edited by Josh@AandASuperchargers; 02-25-2013 at 05:42 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Decided to go FI (any and all comments welcome)

Quick Reply: Decided to go FI (any and all comments welcome)