C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Procharging my cammed c5, looking for help reaching my goals

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 01:49 PM
Sea Five
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Procharging my cammed c5, looking for help reaching my goals

hey guys, i just picked up a A&A kit with a P1SC for my 99 M6 C5.

my car currently has 1 3/4" ARH longtubes on it with no cats and XS power catback, and has a TSP Torquer V2 232/234 .595/.598 112LSA cam. makes about 390 hp all motor as it sits.

the procharger i picked up has a 4.75 pulley on it.

Im looking to make 575-600 RWHP using 60# injectors, lingenfelter fuel pump and a KB BAP (is it needed?)

my question is, will i need to pulley down in order to make sufficient boost to reach my goals because of my cam selection? also, how do i find out what size belt to go with? im using a new (stock) balancer.

your help is appreciated. im sure ill have a few questions along the way.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:51 AM
helga203
Safety Car

Received 434 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Sea Five
hey guys, i just picked up a A&A kit with a P1SC for my 99 M6 C5.

my car currently has 1 3/4" ARH longtubes on it with no cats and XS power catback, and has a TSP Torquer V2 232/234 .595/.598 112LSA cam. makes about 390 hp all motor as it sits.

the procharger i picked up has a 4.75 pulley on it.

Im looking to make 575-600 RWHP using 60# injectors, lingenfelter fuel pump and a KB BAP (is it needed?)

my question is, will i need to pulley down in order to make sufficient boost to reach my goals because of my cam selection? also, how do i find out what size belt to go with? im using a new (stock) balancer.

your help is appreciated. im sure ill have a few questions along the way.
Your cam is fine your pulley is way to big. I had very similar set up you need to get a 3.5 pulley to get max efficiency out of that blower. Start with 90 inch belt. Try to get the shortest belt possible. When i mean short your going to bust your *** getting it on if not you will experience belt slip. Then you'll have to put about another grand into it to get flip drive and many hours working on it. Welcome to the insanity. Hope you have deep pockets if your not doing work yourself. But i must say you'll love the new power which is never enough once you cross over to the blower side of power.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:54 AM
helga203
Safety Car

6 or 8 rib set up???? I had 6 rib with 3.5 upper pulley with stock 7.25 crank and had 14 psi around 650ish to 700 rwhp.
BTW i tried a 3.1 pulley and got 550rwhp at around 5300rpm 12ish psi boost then major belt slip so it's not worth going smaller then 3.5 when your looking for more power down the road. Just a heads up.

Last edited by helga203; 01-27-2013 at 08:58 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:13 PM
Milan
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

If you are pinning the crank you are only a few more steps away from a cam swap, might as well get something better (bigger).

If it was me I would:

Get a bigger cam
Get the smallest 6 rib pulley I could find (3.4")

And then get water meth because you are going to be making like 750 whp lol
Old 01-27-2013, 01:46 PM
fotoboy
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dont waste your time w a stock even new balancer. I did the same and got about 4000 miles before mine started comming apart. Man up and buy a OVerdrive Innovators West 8 rib. Im still 6 rib for now but can use teh 8 rib till then.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:35 PM
Sea Five
Racer

Guys.. perhaps I didn't give all info needed here. The car has a stock shortblock. I don't want to push the thing too far. Its a street car on street tires, radials at the track every once in a while. I'd be happy with just under or exactly 600hp to the wheels. I can pulley it down to 700hp sure, but that's useless to me when it comes to traction and being a street car in my opinion. I know the blower has more in it but whatever I need to do to hit my personal goal is what ill do
Old 01-27-2013, 08:27 PM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

Received 352 Likes on 210 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

The best way to do it is to really put it on and see where the boost is at so then you can order the exact pulley you need. Let me know if you need any help with the install or tuning.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:39 PM
Sea Five
Racer

Originally Posted by Frans96ss
The best way to do it is to really put it on and see where the boost is at so then you can order the exact pulley you need. Let me know if you need any help with the install or tuning.
thank you. maybe ill just start there. however i want to have the car trailered to the tuner an hour away, injector swapped there, and tuned on the spot. i doubt theyll have the pulley and belt i need to change while tuning which is why i wanted to get as close as possible before i send her away to tune. i know this 4.75 pulley isnt going to get me close to where i want to be, thus costing me another trip and a re-tune after a pulley swap. i dont even have a belt right now anyway so i was trying to get as close to my goals as i can, order parts once, and be happy with what it comes out to. 550, 570, 600hp. etc. i really dont want more than that. i dont plan on methanol or 8 rib at this time.

theres a few miscellaneous parts i need and will be calling the guys at A&A tomorrow for them. i know they support vortech kits but i have a procharger with a full A&A new design bracket / kit. i have no idea where to get a pulley, about what size to get, and what size belt to use with this kit and a stock balancer.

Last edited by Sea Five; 01-27-2013 at 08:44 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:32 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

A 4.38" pulley will get you 600-650hp with a D1. My stock ls6 motor saw 10-11 psi at 6500 and made 622rwhp. You having a cam should make 650 no problem, probably show a little less boost tho..
Old 01-27-2013, 09:42 PM
Sea Five
Racer

Originally Posted by ajrothm
A 4.38" pulley will get you 600-650hp with a D1. My stock ls6 motor saw 10-11 psi at 6500 and made 622rwhp. You having a cam should make 650 no problem, probably show a little less boost tho..
yeah thats the thing i dont care if it shows 2-3 psi hahaha, i just want to make the power regardless of how hard or easy im turning the blower.

again im just shy of 400 rwhp right now. looking to gain 200 rwhp.

the kit is a P1, and not a D1 if that matters.. -Jeremy
Old 01-27-2013, 09:50 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

yeah thats the thing i dont care if it shows 2-3 psi hahaha, i just want to make the power regardless of how hard or easy im turning the blower.

again im just shy of 400 rwhp right now. looking to gain 200 rwhp.

the kit is a P1, and not a D1 if that matters.. -Jeremy
Yes.. The boost level is really irrelevant, you just want to make power.

A D1 definitely makes more power then a p1, but you can still make an easy 700-750 with a P1 with it pullied down.

For you wanting to make 600hp, I'd probably try a 4.25" pulley on a p1. The faster you spin the blower, the sooner the power comes in, so I'd pulley it down to get it spinning, then limit your upper rpms if you're uncomfortable with the total power it's making. The tune is the key.. But 650hp is in the bag for sure...
Old 01-28-2013, 12:03 AM
fotoboy
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ajrothm
Yes.. The boost level is really irrelevant, you just want to make power.

A D1 definitely makes more power then a p1, but you can still make an easy 700-750 with a P1 with it pullied down.

For you wanting to make 600hp, I'd probably try a 4.25" pulley on a p1. The faster you spin the blower, the sooner the power comes in, so I'd pulley it down to get it spinning, then limit your upper rpms if you're uncomfortable with the total power it's making. The tune is the key.. But 650hp is in the bag for sure...
You dont even have to pulley down on a p1sc. Im running at about 85% and over 730whp. Id still say ditch the stock balancer and go with a OD. You will pick up at least 2 psi and help with belt slip to boot
Old 01-28-2013, 06:45 AM
helga203
Safety Car

thank you. maybe ill just start there. however i want to have the car trailered to the tuner an hour away, injector swapped there, and tuned on the spot. i doubt theyll have the pulley and belt i need to change while tuning which is why i wanted to get as close as possible before i send her away to tune. i know this 4.75 pulley isnt going to get me close to where i want to be, thus costing me another trip and a re-tune after a pulley swap. i dont even have a belt right now anyway so i was trying to get as close to my goals as i can, order parts once, and be happy with what it comes out to. 550, 570, 600hp. etc. i really dont want more than that. i dont plan on methanol or 8 rib at this time.

theres a few miscellaneous parts i need and will be calling the guys at A&A tomorrow for them. i know they support vortech kits but i have a procharger with a full A&A new design bracket / kit. i have no idea where to get a pulley, about what size to get, and what size belt to use with this kit and a stock balancer.
We hear yah, we're just trying to help you save money and time down the road we all been where your at and now most of us are close to 4 digits rwhp. Some of us are still looking for more power. With the p1 and no meth go with the 3.5 since you have stock crank and that will get your goal without tuning the **** out of your engine(very safe tune).
Old 01-30-2013, 07:46 PM
Sea Five
Racer

any of you guys have any of these said pullies for sale? 4.38, 4.25, 4.10? i need only a pulley and a belt to get this thing done.

also, if i were to leave the 4.75 pulley on it with my setup, any idea what kind of power that would make?
Old 01-31-2013, 10:31 AM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

any of you guys have any of these said pullies for sale? 4.38, 4.25, 4.10? i need only a pulley and a belt to get this thing done.

also, if i were to leave the 4.75 pulley on it with my setup, any idea what kind of power that would make?
BlownblueZ06 may still have the 4.38" pulley..
I wouldnt change the cam... You have plenty of cam to make 700hp+...

Pullies and boost levels are always a guess and different for every engine. Just start out with something close, test it, then pulley up or down from there. But you'll need atleast a 4.38" with the stock crank pulley.

Get notified of new replies

To Procharging my cammed c5, looking for help reaching my goals

Quick Reply: Procharging my cammed c5, looking for help reaching my goals