C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Catch Can help

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 11:06 PM
Lloyd Christmas
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Catch Can help

OK, so I've got a Norris catch can. I understand that's not really the ideal can for FI. Forged 347 with an A&A at about 10lbs. My only option is to get a regular RX dual valve can, right? Are the regular fittings big enough? What size tubing should I use? Are you guys just mounting them to the A&A bracket? I was planing to have lines going to the passenger vc, pre SC, and one to either the manifold or TB (which one?). Thanks, I know this info may be buried in one of the RX threads, but I'm not seeing it in terms I understand.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:51 PM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

You need MPVZ06 or robert miller they run these cans
Old 12-13-2012, 08:39 AM
0Mike@NorrisMotorsports
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

I have a lot of folks running my catch can on forced induction cars with no issues unless they have a lot of blow by under boost. The A&A kit comes with a one way check valve for the PCV system already so it should work out fine.

Some folks will add a second can to the fresh air inlet side, but if I had to guess maybe 5-10 percent of folks need that setup.

The RX can runs both the fresh air and dirty side thru the same can using check valves which I am personally not a big fan of, but a lot of folks seem to like it.

Hope this helps.

Mike Norris
Old 12-13-2012, 11:42 AM
Lloyd Christmas
Racer

Not putting your can down or anything. Seems very well made. Just curious about what's best for my particular set up. How do you recommend it be routed? In from pass vc and out to tb or intake manifold? What about evac when the manifold is under boost? If I don't have an additional line before the sc I'm not going to get any help moving air out of the crankcase when its under the worst conditions. That is my concern.

Get notified of new replies

To Catch Can help

Quick Reply: Catch Can help