C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carnage

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 06:54 PM
bradenW
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, they do not have a factory inconel exhaust valve.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:08 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bradenW
No, they do not have a factory inconel exhaust valve.
I believe they will fit though, could be the way to go.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:10 PM
0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Arun@CCP

I am considering getting Charlie@RPM run his CNC port program on a set of heads for me.

Click Here for ZR1-LSA CNC Photo Slideshow

Old 12-02-2012, 08:21 PM
0Arun@CCP
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by C_Williams@RPM
Very nice Charlie, can you do the port work without touching the chambers?

Old 12-02-2012, 08:27 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

As long as the vendors are whoring up my thread why don't you post up some good valve and spring options for these heads with some pricing!

I'm going to get a set of the heads inbound tomorrow.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:28 PM
0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Arun@CCP
Very nice Charlie, can you do the port work without touching the chambers?

yes
Old 12-02-2012, 08:31 PM
0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by breecher_7
As long as the vendors are whoring up my thread why don't you post up some good valve and spring options for these heads with some pricing!
i'll get the up-to-date pricing on PAC. I'll use inconel ex valve weights and hs ss intake weight and calc for 20 PSI boost - but can you post or PM to me the max lift, duration @.050 and .200?

thanks
Old 12-02-2012, 08:32 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Originally Posted by C_Williams@RPM
i'll get the up-to-date pricing on PAC. I'll use inconel ex valve weights and hs ss intake weight and calc for 20 PSI boost - but can you post or PM to me the max lift, duration @.050 and .200?

thanks
Good deal, I'll shoot you a pm.

Last edited by breecher_7; 12-02-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:52 PM
Blitzkrieg
AKA "The CLOWN"
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey Tony I just got confirmation from Mike at AES that the LSA heads are 68cc from GM.

They are 70cc after they are CNCd! Hope that helps!
Old 12-03-2012, 08:12 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg
Hey Tony I just got confirmation from Mike at AES that the LSA heads are 68cc from GM.

They are 70cc after they are CNCd! Hope that helps!
West coast cylinder heads says they are 70cc and they do some nice port work. I am inclined to believe them. This is what I hate about these things, you get different answers from everyone.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Blitzkrieg
AKA "The CLOWN"
Support Corvetteforum!

West coast cylinder heads says they are 70cc and they do some nice port work. I am inclined to believe them. This is what I hate about these things, you get different answers from everyone.
Awesome, now we are both all confused! So who do we believe! I'm planning on getting things ordered soon and not knowing this will F me up! My builder states they are 68cc.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CONFIRM THE CHAMBER SIZE OF LSA HEADS.....................HELP!!!!

If they really are 70cc then I will need to change my piston choice, but need know 100% with link attached to be sure. Not willing to take a chance!

I'm looking for at least 9.5 CR but 10.0 would be better.

Last edited by Blitzkrieg; 12-03-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:49 PM
JDS99
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 35 Posts

I have a LSA head/LS3 manifold on my LQ9 right now waiting to go back in the car.

Remember when changing over to the LSA heads, you have to change your intake rockers and pedestals at a minimum.. Just means more $$. I also found them to setup requiring a 7.425" pushrod over the standard 7.400", so don't plan on re-using what you had unless you're lucky for some reason.

Take note of the picture below. The alignment tab on the LS3 intake manifold is not in the same position as the hole milled in the LSA heads. Therefore, to use the manifold you have to cut off the alignment tab.

Also, attached are the Manley valve labels with p/n's I used.

For what it's worth, I went forward with the heads as being 68.4cc chambers from GM. Same as LS3 chamber. Since I bought my block already setup for the custom pistons, I DID go ahead and have the heads decked .025" (so i'm using a 7.400" pushrod) to put my compression at 9.0:1. I know it goes against the grain . Machine shop said it put the one he checked around 64.5cc. Rule of thumb is about 1cc/.006" milled.
Attached Images    
Old 12-04-2012, 08:32 AM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Thank you for posting! The pushrod length should always be measured so that doesnt really suprise me. As far as changing rockers, I knew that will be part of it. I will be putting a low milage set of adjustable crane golds up for sale to offset that cost. I knew about the alignment pin on the intake as well. Pretty sure I am going to order the valves from manley as well but will use a inconel exhaust valve instead and there stronger version of the hollow stem.

Thanks for posting that up.

Originally Posted by JDS99
I have a LSA head/LS3 manifold on my LQ9 right now waiting to go back in the car.

Remember when changing over to the LSA heads, you have to change your intake rockers and pedestals at a minimum.. Just means more $$. I also found them to setup requiring a 7.425" pushrod over the standard 7.400", so don't plan on re-using what you had unless you're lucky for some reason.

Take note of the picture below. The alignment tab on the LS3 intake manifold is not in the same position as the hole milled in the LSA heads. Therefore, to use the manifold you have to cut off the alignment tab.

Also, attached are the Manley valve labels with p/n's I used.

For what it's worth, I went forward with the heads as being 68.4cc chambers from GM. Same as LS3 chamber. Since I bought my block already setup for the custom pistons, I DID go ahead and have the heads decked .025" (so i'm using a 7.400" pushrod) to put my compression at 9.0:1. I know it goes against the grain . Machine shop said it put the one he checked around 64.5cc. Rule of thumb is about 1cc/.006" milled.

Last edited by breecher_7; 12-04-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:45 AM
JDS99
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 35 Posts

Thank you for posting! The pushrod length should always be measured so that doesnt really suprise me. As far as changing rockers, I knew that will be part of it. I will be putting a low milage set of adjustable crane golds up for sale to offset that cost. I knew about the alignment pin on the intake as well. Pretty sure I am going to order the valves from manley as well but will use a inconel exhaust valve instead and there stronger version of the hollow stem.

Thanks for posting that up.
No problem

The intakes are a bit heavier at 108g. I didn't use the LS3 hollow stem intakes on purpose, even though they are so light. They can't be that light without a VERY thin stem wall.

To make up for some of the reciprocating mass, I went with the BT Racing max pressure dual springs with Ti retainers. They are significantly lighter on the retainer/lock area where it matters. The patriots are like bricks by comparison.

Good feedback in here:
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...=454316&page=3

weight comparisons start pg.3 post #42

Don't know if I'm allowed to post links to other forums.. If not, please give me a heads up and I will remove.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:49 AM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Good Info!

Originally Posted by JDS99
No problem

The intakes are a bit heavier at 108g. I didn't use the LS3 hollow stem intakes on purpose, even though they are so light. They can't be that light without a VERY thin stem wall.

To make up for some of the reciprocating mass, I went with the BT Racing max pressure dual springs with Ti retainers. They are significantly lighter on the retainer/lock area where it matters. The patriots are like bricks by comparison.

Good feedback in here:
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...=454316&page=3

weight comparisons start pg.3 post #42

Don't know if I'm allowed to post links to other forums.. If not, please give me a heads up and I will remove.

Old 12-05-2012, 01:18 PM
speedyhawk101
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can you use the lsa heads and LS3 intake on an LS6 block?
Old 12-05-2012, 04:23 PM
0Arun@CCP
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by speedyhawk101
can you use the lsa heads and LS3 intake on an LS6 block?
No you cannot-the bore MUST be 4" minimum.

Get notified of new replies

To Carnage

Old 12-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Blitzkrieg
AKA "The CLOWN"
Support Corvetteforum!

So the GM LSA heads are 68cc? Is this fact as I have not found any other info? I'm looking forward to getting a set of these for my new Slow motor!
Old 12-05-2012, 09:48 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Best way to tell is to CC them. Maybe Charlie could do that for those wondering.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:20 PM
0Arun@CCP
Former Vendor

I just ordered a set of LSA's today.

I will CC the chambers and flow the heads in "as cast" form and post up the results.

I will then send the heads to Charlie@RPM for him to run his CNC port program through the heads and post those results.

I'll be prepping them with BTracing dual springs and using stock LS3 rockers with comp trunions.

Lastly, I'll be figuring out a blower cam to take advantage of the huge intake runners that has great street manners, from my understanding these heads are real sensitive to cams.

I will then bolt these up to my car and see what they can do.

End goal is offer a complete head and cam package to take the guess work out a big power bower combo.

Quick Reply: Carnage