C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sometimes when I get bored........I build another car

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 07:55 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by 5 Liter Eater
Alan, When I ran my valve cover vent lines to the rear of the car I ended up getting lots of sludge inside the hoses, looked like puppy diarrhea. There was so much it pretty much clogged up the hoses almost entirely. I'm assuming because the mist cooled off on its way back to the rear of the car. Since you're giving the car the once over you may want to check for this. Take the hose off of the valve cover and catch can and blow it out with an air compressor and make sure no junk comes out.
Nice description Bill! Puppy diarrhea.
I've seen what you're talking about. It got that way on mine. I believe it's from cooling off and condensing the water in the oil.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:24 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

Well, I finally got my stereo system done since all 8 sec cars need a killer system and navigation to find the track so....

Alpine INE-Z928HD head unit in a Double D Mods bezel.
Focal 6.5" Components
Focal 5.25" Coax speakers
Image Dynamics ID 10" sub in a VetteNuts box
Alpine PDX amps.

Now I just need that 8 sec slip to be legit... Hopefully will be hitting the track in late Nov or Dec...Hopefully it runs the number....and more importantly doesn't break... May need more power to pull all this stereo weight...

Now where is that wax....??
Old 10-24-2014, 06:58 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Looks great Alan!! This is how a bad *** blown street C5 should be done. This build should be the standard for everyone.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:38 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
Looks great Alan!! This is how a bad *** blown street C5 should be done. This build should be the standard for everyone.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:58 AM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
Thanks man... Its been a lot of work and a LOT of money as everyone here in this forum knows how it goes..

I figure since I'm stuck in the C5 Trash club forever, I may as well make it as modern/pimp as I can. The stereo system was big item on my list as I wanted to modernize the interior a bit and have some functionality.

Things on my bucket list:

1) 8 Sec slip
2) Paint touch up in a couple spots...(bumper covers)
3) Some killer wheels/tires for normal driving..

Then it will just be fix as needed(which is often), and I'm calling it done....As done as they get anyway.

Next year I am wanting to repaint my 71' so I'm gonna have to shift funds/efforts that direction...so I'll just be street cruising the C5z at that point.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:52 PM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Nice job Allen looks clean, I really hope to see you run a 8.90 I'm just happy for now with my 9:30 unless I find someone to meet at the track to hang out with. Not much fun anymore around east texas...
Old 11-04-2014, 04:19 PM
5 Liter Eater
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Looks pimp, but what floor mats do you have?

Quick Reply: Sometimes when I get bored........I build another car