C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keeping it cool prolongs life!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 03:26 PM
nutbuster
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default does nothing

I installed this kit on my 2002 Z06 and it did absolutly nothing to help cool my temps. I know it works because I can hear thr fan kick on. but when I turn the fan on the temp stays where it is and doesn't move. Don't know what the issue is??
Old 08-24-2014, 06:08 PM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Location: SacCityCorvette.com in Sacramento Ca Join us on Facebook!
Received 109 Likes on 86 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12,'13,'15,'16,'17

Hi nutbuster,
What is your temp staying at?

Thanks
Christian
Old 08-24-2014, 08:50 PM
nutbuster
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Temp

Originally Posted by SacCityCorvette
Hi nutbuster,
What is your temp staying at?

Thanks
Christian
I live in Houston Texas and my temps are running pretty hot. Depending on what the outside temp is, today the temp was around 98 and my temp would run about 215 in traffic and at a stop would push up to 220 to 230! I hate that it runs this hot. I put in one of those switches that will turn on your high temp fan manually but it doesnt seem to cool it down at all.I am looking into a bigger radiator and bigger fans but not sure which one is the best?
Old 12-09-2014, 09:10 PM
SacCityCorvette
Supporting Vendor

Location: SacCityCorvette.com in Sacramento Ca Join us on Facebook!
Received 109 Likes on 86 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12,'13,'15,'16,'17

Originally Posted by nutbuster
I live in Houston Texas and my temps are running pretty hot. Depending on what the outside temp is, today the temp was around 98 and my temp would run about 215 in traffic and at a stop would push up to 220 to 230! I hate that it runs this hot. I put in one of those switches that will turn on your high temp fan manually but it doesnt seem to cool it down at all.I am looking into a bigger radiator and bigger fans but not sure which one is the best?
Hi nutbuster,
Sorry for late reply, some how I missed it.
Did you even remedy the problem?
We have a lot of CoolIts in Texas and they are keeping things cool. I am suspecting you have a bunch of leaves and junk up in the front of the radiator. C5's vacuum air from the road and pick up a lot of junk.
Or you radiator is a bit plugged internally.

Thanks you,
Christian

Quick Reply: Keeping it cool prolongs life!