C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the difference in non progressive to progressive meth kits

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 09:38 PM
lup302
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the difference in non progressive to progressive meth kits

I have a f-1r 6.oL iron block with all the goodies. My car is complete to where i want it. Don't know what whp is but the car is fast. Before s/c;ed it was dynoed at 485whp then did all the upgrades to handle up to 1000whp. Fuel,injectors,F-1r. at 21psi boost with 9.5.1 cr

So to get to the point i have high IAT's that pull tinming down to low single digits timing(2,3,4* of timing). When IAT's aren't high i could go to about 10,11* of timing and the car is a beast. I do not want to spend another $700 to 900 for a progressive meth kit. This thread is not about whos kit to use but about which kind of kit. Non progressive or progressive what is the difference? Is a bacis non progressive kit be good to go as far as lowing IAT's and get some timing back? Or is it that important to buy one of the $700 to $900 progressive kits and not the $250 to $300 non progressive kits. This will not be 1/4'ed mile tracked it is my everyday car. Rain,snow,etc.. So to get the top notch kit is what i don't want to do but if the non progressive kits are that bad as far as getting it tuned for DD then i will get the better kit. I only start having problems in 3rd,4th and 5th gears where detonation starts and the IAT's go through the roof. Let me know what you guys think. I don't need every drop of hp out of the car. There's plenty of power but you do notice when it pulls timing then it's not so fun Thanks everyone.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:42 PM
corvette8189
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 9 Posts

ecs alky kit, get it and be done
Old 02-27-2012, 11:44 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

It's the difference between sipping a beer and whipping out the beer bong.

Progressive increases pump voltage in a relatively linear fashion, following the boost curve with methanol pump pressure and flow.
Low boost, low pressure, low methanol flow and a low need for it.

High boost, high pressure, high flow and high need for it.

Non progressive, difficult to get your fueling tuned properly because once you hit the threshold, the flood gates open.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:35 AM
02402ramair
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Love the analogies.

Get notified of new replies

To What is the difference in non progressive to progressive meth kits

Quick Reply: What is the difference in non progressive to progressive meth kits