C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maintenance for FI cars

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 09:30 AM
boostiasdrug
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Maintenance for FI cars

I've never gotten really into forced induction cars, I've always stuck with larger displacement engines or H/C cams. What kind of extra maintenance is required when dealing with a supercharged car? Extra oil changes or spark plug change intervals? Just the basicsealing and information I'll need with owning one. Thanks
Old 01-31-2012, 09:46 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by boostiasdrug
I've never gotten really into forced induction cars, I've always stuck with larger displacement engines or H/C cams. What kind of extra maintenance is required when dealing with a supercharged car? Extra oil changes or spark plug change intervals? Just the basicsealing and information I'll need with owning one. Thanks
chging s/c oil with ever oil chg I would do. About ever 36,k pull it off and get it checked out by who ever it came from. Most of s/c if it has a return line to cars oil pan, the s/c has a screen on it at the top of the s/c pull it out and clean it for sure...Robert
Old 01-31-2012, 02:58 PM
liveaboard74
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your thinking about a Maggie or what we call top loader do the following. Change the oil every three thousand miles. Close the hood and forget about it. You are allowed to open the hood whenever and take photos and make sure the oil level is on that little notch on that little stick. Takes practice but its not that hard to pick up.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:47 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by liveaboard74
If your thinking about a Maggie or what we call top loader do the following. Change the oil every three thousand miles. Close the hood and forget about it. You are allowed to open the hood whenever and take photos and make sure the oil level is on that little notch on that little stick. Takes practice but its not that hard to pick up.
:stee ring:
Old 02-03-2012, 08:20 PM
_zebra
Le Mans Master

Received 809 Likes on 533 Posts

Originally Posted by liveaboard74
true that! just give serious thought to a catch can on a boosted car - especially the TVS. i just put one on this week & realized the PCV valve got deleted.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Dave concrete
Race Director

Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by boostiasdrug
Not much at all have had my Novi on for 4.5 years and 14k and not a thing has been needed or done. Belt looks new and tight the oil is always refreshed with oil changes.

Get notified of new replies

To Maintenance for FI cars

Quick Reply: Maintenance for FI cars