C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I really could use your help. $1000 REWARD

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 03:53 AM
SLVRCPE
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is stance from the DA in the county? This is just crazy, you know who has the kit and the cops are not knocking down their door?

Should we all write to the county sheriff and local police chief, or we could write to the Mayor or county seat. Fraud/Theft of this amount must carry a hefty state jail sentance?

Maybe the local news stations would like the information for a story. In Houston our reporters seem to get more done in some cases than our Law Enforment or Elected Officials.

I know some folks have said it is best you take down names. Your lawyer should be able to advise if you have enough evidence to publicly name them without fear of slander litigation. The names should be out there for all of us to see. Hell the exact same ppl are probably responsible for the majority of rip offs in the classifieds section.

The CC companies stance does not suprise me. They screw everyone they deal with on a daily basis and the world takes it with no bitching.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:51 AM
SueTaing
Racer

This is why I only ship to billing addresses.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:37 PM
95BlueBomber
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This kind of thing makes me sick.. Sounds like this isn't the first time these people have done this. The system is so flawed I don't see how businesses stay afloat. At $9100 a pop credit card companies could start closing doors on a lot of small businesses.

I say we start a "get Andy his money back" thread... I would like a $50 A&A shirt
Old 08-19-2011, 01:28 PM
SLVRCPE
Racer

I have the shirt, so I would take a 50$ A A sticker~
Old 08-19-2011, 02:54 PM
nitr0racing21
Pro

If I find it can I call you tell you I found it and keep it? If for instance the person who I found it from is in the hospital?
Old 08-19-2011, 04:28 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

That sucks.

Hopefully it works out. Karma will get his *** sooner or later..
Old 08-19-2011, 06:16 PM
Mike04
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Andy, I hope this guy turns up. People who commit credit card fraud are no beter than some one who brakes into your house and steals your personal belongings. In the end, its money out of your pocket that you could use for your family....
Old 08-20-2011, 07:46 AM
ITSQUIK
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I sure hope you get this all straightened out. I remember you totally took care of me when I ordered my kit from you. You guys have been awesome and I wish there was something that I could do to help. People like this are such scumbags and the banks are really not much better.

Good Luck Andy!!
Old 08-20-2011, 10:12 AM
brrymnvette
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by schpenxel
That sucks.

Hopefully it works out. Karma will get his *** sooner or later..

Thread hi-jack...... I miss that car.

A&A good luck with your recovery. If it was in STL, I'd do what I could to help.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:34 AM
nj02vette
Race Director

Location: Marlton. Increasing performance one speeding ticket at a time! NJ
Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

The one thing about superchargers is most people can't tune them thierselves. That means a tuner, probably one in the area, will get this past thier dyno one day.

Get the word out, it will turn up sometime and the theif will get caught.

Reminds me when a forum vendor here had a customers Z16 fuel rail cover (with custom airbrushing) swiped from a show. It took a year, but it eventually turned up on Craigslist and the theif got nabbed. And by nabbed, I mean he got nothing other than the item was returned to the original owner. No charges, no real "proof" he stole it.

Back on topic, if this is going into a car, then tuners should keep a keen eye out for the SN. Everyone else should keep an eye out for the for sale threads.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:24 PM
joe11204
Procharged F1X 7.18 @ 197
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by nj02vette
The one thing about superchargers is most people can't tune them thierselves. That means a tuner, probably one in the area, will get this past thier dyno one day.

Get the word out, it will turn up sometime and the theif will get caught.

Reminds me when a forum vendor here had a customers Z16 fuel rail cover (with custom airbrushing) swiped from a show. It took a year, but it eventually turned up on Craigslist and the theif got nabbed. And by nabbed, I mean he got nothing other than the item was returned to the original owner. No charges, no real "proof" he stole it.

Back on topic, if this is going into a car, then tuners should keep a keen eye out for the SN. Everyone else should keep an eye out for the for sale threads.

I hate reading about fraud like this. I accept cards at my store but they are all swiped, so I am basically covered.

The sad part is the Serial Number is probably removed already. I have seen my share of head units for sale at swaps and online with the sn removed.

Ultimately, and justly so, problems like this make it harder for the honest purchaser to make a transaction. If I were the shop I would now require a copy of the purchaser's drivers license and make sure the shipping and contact phone numbers are on file with the purchaser's credit card company.

Hope this person gets caught.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:08 PM
dc491
Instructor

People that are stupid enough to steal like this never cover their tracks. It is greed that that drives people to this type of behavior and they always get caught.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:12 AM
TRIZ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mike04
Andy, I hope this guy turns up. People who commit credit card fraud are no beter than some one who brakes into your house and steals your personal belongings. In the end, its money out of your pocket that you could use for your family....

Best of luck with this Andy.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:56 AM
0Rob@ChampionMotors
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Will watch if anything comes up around here.
Rob.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:49 PM
Chevy Guy
Team Owner

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Was it a $9100 dollar shipment with no signature requirement on delivery?
Old 08-21-2011, 11:40 PM
had2have-it
Burning Brakes

Some sorry bastard wanted a sc for his car and figured a way to scam one, sorry this happened to you. Evil never rests
Old 08-22-2011, 01:02 AM
SLVRCPE
Racer

Originally Posted by Chevy Guy
Was it a $9100 dollar shipment with no signature requirement on delivery?
My shipment from A&A was sent Fed-Ex adult signature required. This was well before this happened.

This really does not matter though because the driver does not check I.D. I was here and signed for the supercharger, etc. The intercooler came another day and my neighbor signed for it. Now try picking something up From UPS or Fed-Ex at the hub and they will not let you have it without photo I.D. and a signature.

Last edited by SLVRCPE; 08-22-2011 at 02:45 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To I really could use your help. $1000 REWARD

Old 08-22-2011, 10:22 AM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by joe11204
I hate reading about fraud like this. I accept cards at my store but they are all swiped, so I am basically covered.
No, you aren't.

Cards can be re-programmed, although I expect that is much less common / more difficult than what happened here.

Now, if you compare the last 4 digits on the receipt to the last 4 digits on the physical card (as many stores like Best Buy and Lowe's Hardware do now) then you can be almost sure it's a legitimate transaction. Of course, if they can make their own cards with the correct last 4 digits on them then there's not much you can do. Although not perfect, this technique should weed out the VAST majority of attempts at fraud for transactions where a swipeable card is present.

Hopefully this helps you or someone else out in stopping fraudulent transactions in the future...
Old 08-22-2011, 10:42 AM
cjlaw73
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4DRUSH
Corvettes at Carlisle is next week, I'll keep an eye out.

That sucks. Good luck.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:20 PM
burtonbl103
Team Owner

Received 595 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12-'13

DAM
I hope you get the bastage
Im no where near there but i am going to tell everyone locally this story

have you checked the locak craigs list in that surrounding area or ebay ?

Quick Reply: I really could use your help. $1000 REWARD