C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I really could use your help. $1000 REWARD

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 11:16 AM
Filapoosis
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're fairly close to WVA and have quite a few customers in Virginia and Western NC so I will spread the word to them.

Jay @ Mayhem Motorsports
Old 08-17-2011, 12:20 PM
2bridges
Racer

Another set of eyes for you Andy.

nowhere near the area, but I will keep an eye open in classifieds,racingjunk,craigslist, etc
Old 08-17-2011, 12:35 PM
tail_lights
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by 2bridges
Another set of eyes for you Andy.

nowhere near the area, but I will keep an eye open in classifieds,racingjunk,craigslist, etc
Old 08-17-2011, 05:44 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Hope you find who did it!

If I see anything come through the shop I'll let you know!!
Old 08-17-2011, 06:09 PM
TriplBlk
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4DRUSH
Corvettes at Carlisle is next week, I'll keep an eye out.
Deff. I'll remember this serial number and will search for it at Carlisle. Im positive this person got this to sell it for prolly 6-8k there. Thats right near me as I live right near frederick. Ill do the best I can
Old 08-17-2011, 06:28 PM
TriplBlk
Safety Car

Just an idea.... Whats the validity of this card owner who says they never made the purchase?Couldnt his "friend" have just made the purchase for him then the card owner just denies making this purchase and gets his money refunded? and being that this isnt their first time doing this they've used that number before.

You also said the mail was "subsequently picked up", would it be possible to have the house watched for the customer(theif) to pick something else up,maybe even mailed by you?then bring him in for questioning for the accounts of fraud.

All he has to do is sign up for delivery email notification(UPS,FED-EX) and when a package arrives he gets an email straight to his phone and heads to the house to see what it is. So really just have "someone" wait at this address, send him an empty box, track the package and its arrival date and Id assume he'd pick it up... Just an idea, sorry if Im thinking of things you have already considered.

Last edited by TriplBlk; 08-17-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:31 PM
lionelhutz
Race Director

Received 845 Likes on 721 Posts

That sucks, and I would agree that the final receipient is most likely a Corvette owner.

I'm just curious, was the shipping address listed on the card account?

Peter
Old 08-17-2011, 09:16 PM
Blown_2001Z06
Pro

I deal alot with Credit Card Fraud. Credit Card companies will only stick it to their cardholder if the card was actually swiped electronically. Anything that is manually typed in is subject to dispute and up to the business to prove that it was actually the cardholder. If you have a cell phone number and a police report they can usually supeona the billing address from the cell phone carrier, they can also get the checking/credit card account number and name if the cell phone is set up on an automatic bill pay. This will usually lead you to the actual person. The credit card company should also be able to provide you with the other shops/retailers that were charged on the stolen card. Once you have this information you can contact these retailers and compare notes and see what they have. Most places are more than happy to help out as they want their money back as well. Some of these places will have dedicated positions to track these people down. This is a definate plus for you since they can do all the work for you. The interesting thing is on most tranactions of this size outside of the customers local know address it flags for the credit card company to call and verify the purchases. I would check with the credit card company to see if this happened. Check with local big box electronics retailers in the area of the shipping address. The #1 credit card fraud area is Apple products. Mainly Mac book pros. Contact them and have them do an invoice search with the credit card number and see if they have any purchases. If so they have security cameras on most of the registers and can possible help you out with a description of the theif. Spending $9100 this was not their first time. Their "*****" have gotten bigger. Hope some of this helps.

Also the original cardholder should have a credit report run and see if any "store credit cards" were opened. Theives will often open these with the stolen credit card because the type of credit cards are approved instantly and can be used that day. This will also potentially get you a description of the person. Hope some of this helps. Sorry if spelling is off anywhere I was typing on my phone. Wanted to gert some info to you as fast as possible.

Wesley
Old 08-17-2011, 09:25 PM
MotleyDrew
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

sorry to hear Andy....I doubt I can be of any help but if something comes up for sale in Ottawa I will check it out.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:46 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Andy, this is so unfortunate. I too have recently had a majority of my supercharger system stolen. I hope they catch the thief who got you. It's a shame there's not a lot a company such as yours can really do unless they catch the person. I wonder if the thief knows the credit card owner or visa versa? This sucks because another negative impact this type of sitaution creates is that it forces a company such as yours to take away some of the convienenve factor for your customers and only ship to the address associated with the credit card. I'm truly sorry that this has happened to you.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:48 AM
Rick@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 147 Likes on 111 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

I have got the word out on most of the local shops. I told the shop owners to spread the word.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:12 AM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Andy,

This sucks!!! Be sure to let Tony at Tony's Corvettes know. He's pretty well known in the area.

Good luck cathing this scum.

Kevin
Old 08-18-2011, 10:27 AM
TinSecondRice
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08-'11

There sure are some low life suckers in this world! I sure hope you catch EVERYONE involved as it seems as though there may be more than one person involved!
Old 08-18-2011, 11:39 AM
nitr0racing21
Pro

Hey guys I am kinda local I will keep a eye out, I would recommend telling ECS, RaceProven, LRA Motorsports, KrazyHouseKustoms, Complete Street Performance I will also contact a few of the smaller tuners in the area. Hope this helps you guys! If I find it I would love to make the 1000$ worth it if you catch my drift.

EDIT: Just saw the second page of the thread glad to see you got the word out

Last edited by nitr0racing21; 08-18-2011 at 11:45 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:06 PM
Varmit
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Damn Andy really hate to see that someone screwed you over. You have always gone the distance to help people and do your best for them. I hope that somehow these guys will close this out for you and the maggot gets what he deserves and you get the suystem back. Good luck

And way to go guys who are in the area who are putting the word out!!!!
Old 08-18-2011, 03:59 PM
DJJONESIVS
Advanced

so the multibillion dollar company can't take the 9100 dollar hit.

they make money on both side of the table.
with you paying a fee, and the cardholder paying some sort of interest along the way.

funny how things work.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Todd157k
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I had a similar circumstance. They eventually caught the jerk and he went to jail. I still didn't get my money though. I'd have to drag him back to court to get a judgement against him and then have to go through proceedings to actually get my money.

Good luck Andy.

Get notified of new replies

To I really could use your help. $1000 REWARD

Old 08-18-2011, 08:30 PM
01vetter
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 21 Posts

This thief is going to need a tune (unless they can do it themselves). You must have a list of recommended tuners. I would send the word out to them as well.

Good luck recovering your stolen property.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:46 PM
Andy@A&ACorvette
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 202 Likes on 125 Posts

Thanks, everyone, for the input and help.
What really pisses me off is that we KNOW that this is a Forum member. Other people here KNOW this guy.
Both Steve and I talked to him on numerous occasions. He knew exactly what he wanted and needed for this car.
I also find it curious that the actual card holder also owns a Corvette and is probably a Forum Member.
While I'm venting, let me tell you what jerks thae banks are.
They never lose. If a card is stolen and used at a gas station, Home Depot, a Corvette shop, or whatever, they just take all the money from the vendor with no recourse whatsoever.
They all advertise that "you're not liable for any false charges". Well of course not, they just go and collect it all from the various stores that the card was used at. They don't cover ANYTHING.
The other BS thing is that when we accepted the card we paid a discount fee of somewhere between 2 and 3% to the bank. Guess what? The bastards even keep that. They took the $9100 PLUS the card fee.
OK. I'm done.

A&A CORVETTE
477 LAMBERT ST
OXNARD CA 93036
WWW.AACorvette.com

A&A CORVETTE SUPERCHARGER SYSTEMS
HOME OF THE WORLDS FIRST
CENTRIFUGALLY SUPERCHARGED C7

SUPERIOR ENGINEERING- SUPERIOR POWER
SUPERIOR PRICING- SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Andy@AACorvette.com 805- 278 4107
Old 08-18-2011, 11:52 PM