C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

****UPP's AFFORDABLE Twin Turbo Kit!!!***

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 03:36 PM
tail_lights
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike04
Nice to see another option out there
Old 01-21-2011, 04:06 PM
Cryptos
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any videos of this kit running?
Old 01-21-2011, 07:20 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by bill mcdonald

I have a few off the wall questions.

Is it possible to mod the oil scavaging to gravity feed, into the oil pan?
Would that need a hole drilled through the frame of something?

How does it connect up to the rest of the exhaust? Do you cut the original exhaust? Any tests done without cats?

How long to remove the system? Some of us have to Pass Cali smog
Oh the good old CARB board! C5- the kit bolts to the factory headers, then ~4" in front of the cats (or you can remove the cats) you weld in a V-Band flange (supplied) and clamp it with the supplied V-Band clamp to the down pipes.

It is possible I suppose to do a oil gravity system, I didn't want to bother with hacking up an expensive oil pan that's hard to remove, I figured a $5 oil cap was a better solution, and pump it back in.

The C6 we did doesn't have cats, the C5 does. How long to remove it is kinda dependat upon you. I'm getting pretty profecient at puting these on and taking them off with all the modifications.

-CK
Old 01-21-2011, 07:31 PM
Corvette-Chris
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Can you provide us with the maker of the Turbos? Do they have Chinese or foreign made CHRA's?
Old 01-21-2011, 09:24 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Corvette-Chris
Can you provide us with the maker of the Turbos? Do they have Chinese or foreign made CHRA's?
They are manufactured by Wayline, and yes it is a foreign company. I've seen "chineese" turbos before, and these don't even compare. They've been producing turbos for the aftermarket oem replacement for years, and recently they started branching out into the performance aftermarket side of turbos. They have all the equipment (hot gas ballancers, etc). I wouldn't stand behind something, nor put my name on it if I didn't have COMPLETE FAITH in it! Generally they come standard with a 1yr warranty. But for the Corvette guys, I've increased it to a two year warranty. I've tested and used these turbos for YEARS, making stupid power on 4-8cyls, they work.

-CK
Old 01-21-2011, 09:34 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

I'm curious about something. If these turbos are good for 550 each, then what is causing them to nose over on the power so badly and so early? With a curve like that, it tells me if you try to turn the boost up, it's only going to get worse.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:46 PM
wilson34
Burning Brakes

Samething I was thinking aswell, just get some precision billets with vband, and good 38mm wastegates.

That would be well worth it
Old 01-21-2011, 10:00 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06

I'm curious about something. If these turbos are good for 550 each, then what is causing them to nose over on the power so badly and so early? With a curve like that, it tells me if you try to turn the boost up, it's only going to get worse.

A few things.... This is the dyno of the 1998 C5 Automatic.

1st the Auto is just EATing power, plane and simple.

2. This is a 1st gen LS1, weak rod bolts, crappy LS1 intake manifold, and crappy LS1 cam. Same setup on a 01+ would net much better results just from the flow and the cam profile.

3. This is a VERY mild tune, as I had to produce ample power, yet keep it reliable so I have a chance to sell it. It's REALLY lacking timing in the top end. It's on 91oct w/o meth injection. I wanted it to be as simple as possible, because when I imagine selling it, I imagine I'll be selling it to an old man who's never heard of E85.

If you look it's a nice smooth transition, now look at the C6 dyno, the owner didn't quite understand oct ratings, so he had 85 in it. We drained what we could but there was still a mix of crap in there, and on the top end you can see knock retard kick in and pull mad power. Both of these cars are suffering from loss of timing (which effects top end most of all) not lack of turbo....

Here's a couple dynos from other cars that we've done using only ONE of these turbos. (PS Check out the consistancy of the dyno!)
Attached Images   
Old 01-21-2011, 11:13 PM
venom_lightning
Advanced

is that price out the door? If not how much is EVERYTHING? thanx
Old 01-21-2011, 11:31 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by CK@UPPCOS
A few things.... This is the dyno of the 1998 C5 Automatic.

1st the Auto is just EATing power, plane and simple.

2. This is a 1st gen LS1, weak rod bolts, crappy LS1 intake manifold, and crappy LS1 cam. Same setup on a 01+ would net much better results just from the flow and the cam profile.

3. This is a VERY mild tune, as I had to produce ample power, yet keep it reliable so I have a chance to sell it. It's REALLY lacking timing in the top end. It's on 91oct w/o meth injection. I wanted it to be as simple as possible, because when I imagine selling it, I imagine I'll be selling it to an old man who's never heard of E85.

If you look it's a nice smooth transition, now look at the C6 dyno, the owner didn't quite understand oct ratings, so he had 85 in it. We drained what we could but there was still a mix of crap in there, and on the top end you can see knock retard kick in and pull mad power. Both of these cars are suffering from loss of timing (which effects top end most of all) not lack of turbo....

Here's a couple dynos from other cars that we've done using only ONE of these turbos. (PS Check out the consistancy of the dyno!)
In all fairness, Civic motors don't move the air that LS engines do. Did you by chance measure the exhaust pressure in the manifold before the turbo? If so, what was it? Do you have any max-effort builds on a Vette where you can show the real potential of this kit? What size turbine housings are on these turbos?
I see that this kit comes with HPtuners, but does it include a tune or simply the module? What kind of tuning support?

Thanks
Old 01-22-2011, 09:25 AM
venom_lightning
Advanced

+1, good questions bro!
Old 01-22-2011, 12:20 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

In all fairness, Civic motors don't move the air that LS engines do.
Yes, they infact do. 500hp on a LS vs 500hp on a civic, pretty much the same airflow. Granted there are a few other things that effect it like comp ratio, timing, etc, overall air mass = power.

That being said, I'll repost the compressor map. This should squash all questioning about the flow of these turbos.

We don't have a max effor build yet, but Spin has volunteered his car as he's looking to swap to turbos.

The turbine housing is a T3, with a .63A/R.

It does NOT come with a tune. I don't believe in cookie cutter one size fits all tunes. Each and every car should be tuned by a professional dyno tuner. Actually there is some debate, we may be replacing the oil pump with a higher quality pump, and to compensate in cost loosing the HPT. Since we recommend the car being professionally tuned, most tuners already have an interface, and by giving the interface to average Joe who doens't know how to tune, I'm giving him a license to destroy stuff....

Venom, yes this is the price out the door (But Spin and I do accept tips!, or donations to St Judes), but this depends on the power level you're looking for. For a complete list of what all is included:

www.uppcos.com/galleryhtml/ttvette.htm

-CK
Attached Images  
Old 01-22-2011, 03:29 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

I have been following threads in both FI sections and what is the install time for this setup as this will give me an idea what I will pay to have a kit installed
Old 01-22-2011, 03:37 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by peter pan
I have been following threads in both FI sections and what is the install time for this setup as this will give me an idea what I will pay to have a kit installed
With expierence should take about 12hrs (day and a half). For someone who's not very expierenced, 2-3 days. We charge $1200 for install and $550 for a tune, just to give you an idea.

-CK
Old 01-22-2011, 03:46 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Originally Posted by CK@UPPCOS
With expierence should take about 12hrs (day and a half). For someone who's not very expierenced, 2-3 days. We charge $1200 for install and $550 for a tune, just to give you an idea.

-CK
Thanks for the input and I am really looking forward to your C6Z kit as I am looking to go that route for my next build and TT will be fun for a Texas Mile car
Old 01-22-2011, 10:16 PM
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

I really like this kit.I think people are going to be surprized on how well it works.I know Spin would never put any junk on his car.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:26 PM
black98c5
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think there will be a lot of scepticism until we see (my self included) what this kit is made of on a max effort build.

Looking forward to some #'s with a forged motor and 15+psi.

Get notified of new replies

To ****UPP's AFFORDABLE Twin Turbo Kit!!!***

Old 01-23-2011, 01:38 AM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 396375
I really like this kit.I think people are going to be surprized on how well it works.I know Spin would never put any junk on his car.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:45 PM
0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looking exceptionally good !

I may have a customer lined for a kit - if it comes to fruition we'll run 12 PSI on a 10.0:1 forged bottom end.

Congrats on the product and price point.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:06 PM
SpinMonster
Tech Contributor

Received 178 Likes on 124 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11

I believe the 1998 stock cam is a 199/208 115.5LSA with .479" lift. The power band on the stock 98 cam is going to force a drop on any turbo like that. If you put in a turbo friendly cam that is a single pattern or reverse split like a 227/224 116, to address the high rpm it would carry the power out way past 6000. I wouldnt think a 199 on a 115 would do much for the power band on any car. Big splits on turbo cams arent a good thing.

Obviously the same turbos on a C6 at 650rwhp/650 shows they arent out of air at 550.

Last edited by SpinMonster; 01-24-2011 at 05:15 PM.

Quick Reply: ****UPP's AFFORDABLE Twin Turbo Kit!!!***