C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winter Projects

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 09:16 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Default Winter Projects

Ok F/I friends, I'm wondering what you have going on for the winter.

After I finish building and tuning GolfinZ's motor, I have one more (Brandon619's old car) that I'm going to upgrade to the TR6060, 09Z06 diff, cradle and a Mcleod RXT from Byunspeed. Then a 3-bar tune and new Alky pump.

Once those 2 are complete, I'm changing my exhaust to something a little quieter. A nice Magnaflow setup. No matter what I put in, I had to cut and weld to get over the newer trans, diff and cradle. I already TIG welded some V-band flanges on and fit everything together, so I'm just waiting on the rest of my toys. I ordered a brand new ZR1 transmission from Dallas Performance and am waiting on that. As many of you may have read, I am having to work out an issue with the torque tube. I got the new bearings and the slinger ring in. Just need the new couplers and they'll be here tomorrow.
I also did a 4" intake pipe and will be spraying meth straight into the blower. I am cleaning up the existing meth nozzles with a new pipe from A&A.
I have made quite a few shields for other members that prevent the breaking of the serpentine belt from ripping the drain line apart, but as one might guess, I didn't have one on my car yet, so I fabbed one up for my 10-rib.
I took a little design that Arun shared with me and tailored it to my suit my application a little better. I had a good friend we call "Doc" machine some really cool parts for me to make it happen. I got the new bracket from A&A and welded up the tensioner and placed a custom double bearing idler on it that Taylor at Dallas Performance designed. I installed a 10-rib IW O.D. balancer and Doc is building me a custom 2.65" pulley that I designed. If everything holds, it should make 1Krwhp and be quite fun. Once I get it together, you guys know I'll post up #'s and pictures.

Hop in here and tell us what you got going on.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:37 PM
0rodney@rpmtransmissions
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We are moving to a new shop, much bigger and a lot nicer location. That pretty much will take all of my winter.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:51 PM
Corvette-Chris
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '08

Well....Mine are nothing like that, but I have a little going on.

I am getting a new LS2 oil pan tomorrow so I am putting that on in place of the batwing that takes up too much precious space down by the business end of my setup. Then, Id like to take some measurements to get some K&N filters made to put directly on the turbos. After all the holiday stuff settles down, I want to install a 4pt. roll bar, though I am unsure about which company or which option I want (bolt in vs. weld in).

I also plan to install a set of red fuel rails put the new Dallas Performance logo sticker on my back window because I think it looks badass, and continue to datalog and learn to tune.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:53 PM
HotRod68Camaro
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All planned mods are if the car doesn't sell. Im looking at freshening up a forged 346 i have in my '68 that has been sitting in storage and throwing it in the Z. Removing the restrictor plate, IW OD pulley, Radiator and intercooler shrouds, then crank up the boost.

Edit: C6 Z51 sways that i have had sitting around forever.

Last edited by HotRod68Camaro; 11-23-2010 at 10:14 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:01 PM
CamminC5
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18

I plan on getting my Meth kit plumbed up, install the 3.4 pulley I got from you and have Charles Barber set me up with a SD tune. I just put on some 305/35-18 ET street's and love them, but my stock trans probably won't hold up to the trashing. I talked to Rick at RKT56.com about a rebuild. Hopefully the trans will hold up until the 1st of the year because I'm to busy to pull it now. I'm also debating in swapping my stock rod bolts for ARP's for a little extra insurance. I don't plan on turning the motor past the stock rev limit I'd rather spin the blower up a little faster. I just love tinkering on the car. It's the only way I can really relax.
Sounds you have your hands full Bret. Can't wait to see the results! Which Magnaflows are you looking at? After being hassled by the cops I'm looking for a change too.

Last edited by CamminC5; 11-23-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:18 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by CamminC5
I plan on getting my Meth kit plumbed up, install the 3.4 pulley I got from you and have Charles Barber set me up with a SD tune. I just put on some 305/35-18 ET street's and love them, but my stock trans probably won't hold up to the trashing. I talked to Rick at RKT56.com about a rebuild. Hopefully the trans will hold up until the 1st of the year because I'm to busy to pull it now. I'm also debating in swapping my stock rod bolts for ARP's for a little extra insurance. I don't plan on turning the motor past the stock rev limit I'd rather spin the blower up a little faster. I just love tinkering on the car. It's the only way I can really relax.
Sounds you have your hands full Bret. Can't wait to see the results! Which Magnaflows are you looking at? After being hassled by the cops I'm looking for a change too.
Not looking at exhaust. I already bought it and have it welded up with V-band clamps and ready to throw in the car. Just need my ZR1 trans and to finish these 2 cars.
I got the Magnaflow 16732. I heard them on Arun's car and they sound great. He actually has a real clean setup for sale for a great price. Wish I knew before I bought mine.

Good idea to turn less RPM on the motor and more on the blower.
Rick is really awesome with transmissions too. You'll be happy with his work for sure.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:21 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Corvette-Chris
Well....Mine are nothing like that, but I have a little going on.

I am getting a new LS2 oil pan tomorrow so I am putting that on in place of the batwing that takes up too much precious space down by the business end of my setup. Then, Id like to take some measurements to get some K&N filters made to put directly on the turbos. After all the holiday stuff settles down, I want to install a 4pt. roll bar, though I am unsure about which company or which option I want (bolt in vs. weld in).

I also plan to install a set of red fuel rails put the new Dallas Performance logo sticker on my back window because I think it looks badass, and continue to datalog and learn to tune.

I highly recommend you consider the 6-point from Wolfe with the removable door bars. They also have billet aluminum caps to put on the ends so it looks clean. You can powder coat those ends for a stealth look too. Let me know if you need pics. They always run a wicked sale at the end of the year, so go to their site and check. This is close enough for them to be running it I think.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:24 PM
wannagofast
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

427 LSX iron block..maybe some trickflow heads and magnaflow exhaust..new meth kit...
Old 11-23-2010, 10:29 PM
TT Z06
Racer

Finish motor, new fuel system, new suspension..........Big soft cushion to sit on
Old 11-23-2010, 11:08 PM
golfinz
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

1) Get my car back and drive it...hopefully for more than a thousand miles.

2) Help Bret out as much as I can with his project as he has gone above and beyond his call of duty with me.

3) Then sit on my *** and eat chicken and rice till my bank account re-cooperates
Old 11-23-2010, 11:24 PM
HotRod68Camaro
Racer

Originally Posted by golfinz
Then sit on my *** and eat chicken and rice till my bank account re-cooperates
Good call, I forgot that one.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:26 PM
Corvette-Chris
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
I highly recommend you consider the 6-point from Wolfe with the removable door bars. They also have billet aluminum caps to put on the ends so it looks clean. You can powder coat those ends for a stealth look too. Let me know if you need pics. They always run a wicked sale at the end of the year, so go to their site and check. This is close enough for them to be running it I think.
I was looking at the Wolfe, but the RSD bar caught my eye recently. I've really only considered the 4pt bars thus far. How do you like your 6pt driving with the door bars?
Old 11-23-2010, 11:38 PM
wdo-mkr
Drifting

Since folks are talking about winter projects, I thought I would toss this out.

I am looking at piecing together a 408 truck block lower end.
I am considering the following pieces.
01 truck block bored and sonic checked for .030 over. 9.230 deck height?
Ka1 rods. Should I go with CH6125ALLB-LSL8-A or CH6125ALLB-LS8-A
Callis 4.0 stroker crank - Already have it.
Wiseco pistons: K445X3's? Alternatives? Additional coatings?

I am also wondering about reusing the 243 castings I already have on the 03 z06 motor with the KB 2.6 unit. No KB flames please. Its a fun blower for the street. I am just looking for more power and wondered if updating the heads a bit might help or just be a waste of cash. The heads were prepped previously by charlie at rpm.

The current motor is very happy at 530rwhp but the owner wants a little bit more....
Old 11-23-2010, 11:41 PM
0Arun@CCP
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
Ok F/I friends, I'm wondering what you have going on for the winter.

After I finish building and tuning GolfinZ's motor, I have one more (Brandon619's old car) that I'm going to upgrade to the TR6060, 09Z06 diff, cradle and a Mcleod RXT from Byunspeed. Then a 3-bar tune and new Alky pump.

Once those 2 are complete, I'm changing my exhaust to something a little quieter. A nice Magnaflow setup. No matter what I put in, I had to cut and weld to get over the newer trans, diff and cradle. I already TIG welded some V-band flanges on and fit everything together, so I'm just waiting on the rest of my toys. I ordered a brand new ZR1 transmission from Dallas Performance and am waiting on that. As many of you may have read, I am having to work out an issue with the torque tube. I got the new bearings and the slinger ring in. Just need the new couplers and they'll be here tomorrow.
I also did a 4" intake pipe and will be spraying meth straight into the blower. I am cleaning up the existing meth nozzles with a new pipe from A&A.
I have made quite a few shields for other members that prevent the breaking of the serpentine belt from ripping the drain line apart, but as one might guess, I didn't have one on my car yet, so I fabbed one up for my 10-rib.
I took a little design that Arun shared with me and tailored it to my suit my application a little better. I had a good friend we call "Doc" machine some really cool parts for me to make it happen. I got the new bracket from A&A and welded up the tensioner and placed a custom double bearing idler on it that Taylor at Dallas Performance designed. I installed a 10-rib IW O.D. balancer and Doc is building me a custom 2.65" pulley that I designed. If everything holds, it should make 1Krwhp and be quite fun. Once I get it together, you guys know I'll post up #'s and pictures.

Hop in here and tell us what you got going on.
Okay-just for that the F1R is going back on.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:46 PM
dsmlights
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man Bret you are def going all out like always lol..

I am planning for winter time to pulley down to a 3.4 pulley right now I am seeing 11 psi hoping to get to 13-14 psi. Also getting the Dewitt Rad for blower and the Dallas Performance Big Mouth Filter. Also installing the new Alarm from viper that I can remote start my car from anywhere. There is one more thing that my girl is getting me for Xmas for the car that I do not know what it is. But what ever it is I am installing that too lol.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:52 PM
corvette8189
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 9 Posts

spraying a 150 shot to hit 1kkkk
then probally building a new motor
Old 11-24-2010, 12:34 AM
AZZ-KIKR
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get my 383 build completed, hoping it will run in sometime in Jan.

Get notified of new replies

To Winter Projects

Old 11-24-2010, 01:02 AM
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Sounds good Bret.I'll be staying home trying to pay off this summers debt.I may even have to get a job.
Na.I'll just sell some more parts.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:32 AM
marco383
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Money permitting: Racelogic TC system, meth, flip drive, pulley the F1C down to raise boost to 11-12 psi (currently only 8), larger injectors and retune as required. My goal is 900+ RWHP, which should be easy since I'm at 788 with the blower barely idling. Also, a couple of minor cosmetic mods.

No new bike. The BMW S1000RR and the new Kawi ZX10R are over $16k with tax, etc. Sport bikes are no longer cheap, throwaway toys when one is on social security.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:03 AM
CamminC5
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by marco383
Sport bikes are no longer cheap, throwaway toys when one is on social security.

Quick Reply: Winter Projects