C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First time getting blown...

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 12:05 AM
golfinz
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Default First time getting blown...

Well, I'm finally back into my realistic dream car, a C5Z. Behind every car, there is a story....

I purchased my first C5Z back in 2007, it was a black on black Z with 4k miles on it. I purchased that Z after selling another Z, a 350z that is, which had nitrous and every bolt on possible, made 330rwhp/390ftlbs and was the fastest thing I had owned.

The Z06, as you can imagine, blew this car away, even in its stock form. After 2 months of owning the z06, I installed LT headers in my garage on jack stands...a month after that, a cam and fast were put in. The car made 435/400 to the ground and ran low 12s on the stock crap-flats. Unfortunately, well it was a blessing in disguise looking back on it, I had to sell the car because I was moving to Dallas and didn't know where I was going to live, where I would be driving, etc etc. I proceeded to buy a bmw 335, then an infiniti g35 sedan, then an m3...

After realizing I missed the c5z, the search for another had begun. At first I was looking for bolt on cars only--cam, LT, fast, heads, rear end...you know a fast n/a 450+rwhp car. Found a few but they all sold before I could make my mind up....

...then I met up with Bret (blownbluez06). I had talked to him a bunch of times via pm and on the phone over the past couple of years but we hadn't ever met up in person. If you know Bret, he is a class act; funny, witty, great guy to shoot the bull with, and won't ever BS you, just an all around great guy and great friend, oh he knows his c5z's too! After moving to Dallas, we finally met up in person and talked about my next Z purchase.

I met him at his house and the blue monster was out of his garage waiting to rip the pavement up. A few blasts on the neighboring mexican highways later, I was hooked! I HAD to get a boosted Z. This meeting was the reason why I HAD to get a boosted Z...every other car I test drove after that felt like a prius on 2 cylinders. I asked if I could DD a blown Z06 and his response was, of course, YUP! My search had really begun.

I had found a lot of very nice built/blown Z's for sale on the forum but the timing wasn't right to purchase the first few I looked at as my M3 was in the process of getting sold. After the M sold, I ran across a mint 2004 TR ECS built/boosted Z that was located in NY. The seller had purchased the car from another CF member, so I knew its history, only problem was, I was 3k miles away and didn't have time to look at the car....

A few weeks and a few pm's to Doug and Mike at ECS later, the car was back in their hands being looked over both mechanically and cosmetically. After they gave the car a two thumbs up, the check went out and the shipping company was called.

The car was picked up on Friday and was delivered today at 11:30. Fired her up without hesitation, filled her up with some good ole' 93 octane and parked her in my garage because she doesn't have tags yet

Sooo...that's my story about how I got into my second Z06 and my way of saying hello! This is my first boosted car and what a car it is. The car made 853rwhp and 716rwtq when ECS put it on the dyno on Sept 8th. The mods are pretty basic too: ecs built motor, novi 2000 with their 8-rib system, ecs meth, ARH LTs with cats, Tex 0z700 clutch, ecs fuel system, AFR heads, ecs blower cam, etc etc. The car is perfect on the street and the normal passerby wouldn't know this is a 1k hp car.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:33 AM
DANZGLASS
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

damn! Twice the power way to step it up! Would love to do the same and upgrade maybe next year! Have fun and save up for your tire fund!
Old 09-22-2010, 01:13 AM
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Great story.That feeling of picking up a nice car with that kinda power only happens a couple of times in your life.Almost as nice as that first .... job.
Good luck.Respect the power.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:23 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Your words are too kind bro. :o

So glad you finally got her in your posession. I did say you can DD it, but with that kind of power, you can also break it, so treat her with care my friend. I feel sorry for any sap that tries to put you in your place. Especially with all the ballers driving Ferraris, Lambos and Porches. Somehow, I have a notion that some rich peoples' feelings are about to get hurt.

I'm working nights until the 1st week of October, but you need to come pick me up for lunch after I return to days so I can check it out.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:56 AM
TracyRR
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Great story and congrats on a beautiful Z!!!
Old 09-22-2010, 09:00 AM
hawkeyeintx
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great Story!!!!

"...then I met up with Bret (blownbluez06). I had talked to him a bunch of times via pm and on the phone over the past couple of years but we hadn't ever met up in person. If you know Bret, he is a class act; funny, witty, great guy to shoot the bull with, and won't ever BS you, just an all around great guy and great friend, oh he knows his c5z's too!"

I have met Bret and he is everything you said!! I live in the Dallas area too and I join you guys for lunch? I like to see the new ride!
Old 09-22-2010, 12:22 PM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 272 Likes on 212 Posts

I remember my first time too, like it was yesterday.....
Congrats on the car too!
Old 09-22-2010, 02:04 PM
0Steve@AandACorvette
Former Vendor

Location: Oxnard SoCal www.aacorvette.com www.superchargersuperstore.com
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 09-22-2010, 02:33 PM
golfinz
Melting Slicks

Thanks guys! Haven't been able to drive her bc she is plate-less but hopefully will get it inspected and tagged this week. I think she was talking to me last night though...silently whispering "drive me"

hawkeyeintx, of course, when Bret and I meet up, Ill shoot ya a pm.

Bret, everything I said I meant too! And your right, with power comes respect; she will be taken car of. We will meet up after Oct. 1st
Old 09-22-2010, 03:24 PM
0Mike69@ECS
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Enjoy it Brian!!!!

It should be a blast!!!!

BTW... mo pics please.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:31 PM
golfinz
Melting Slicks

Thanks Mike! This wouldn't have been possible without the help of you and Doug, and the rest of the ECS crew. I really appreciate you both looking over the car; it was exactly as you both described with absolutely no surprises! More pics are coming soon
Old 09-22-2010, 07:07 PM
csexton
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats and enjoy that beast

Chuck
Old 09-23-2010, 01:25 PM
cdnguyred88
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 09-23-2010, 02:32 PM
smoothblue
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '12

Great Story and Congrats..
Old 09-23-2010, 03:44 PM
leo12
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 95wht6spd
I remember my first time too, like it was yesterday.....
Congrats on the car too!
my first time i think i was around 15 she was my art teacher, damnn i will never forget that art room closet episode , enjoy your ride man
Old 09-23-2010, 07:12 PM
golfinz
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by leo12
my first time i think i was around 15 she was my art teacher, damnn i will never forget that art room closet episode , enjoy your ride man
hahaha!

Thanks guys! All I can do is look at her right now though till shes inspected, registered and plated
Old 09-27-2010, 08:43 PM
golfinz
Melting Slicks

Finally got it inspected, registered and plated...

...the only thing I could do after doing a few hwy blasts is . Third gear goes by sooo quick that its scary. I know I will need c6z brakes as well as a radiator though.

Get notified of new replies

To First time getting blown...

Old 09-28-2010, 10:22 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,088 Likes on 657 Posts

Woohoo!!! Congrats!
Old 09-28-2010, 11:16 AM
golfinz
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Woohoo!!! Congrats!
Thanks Doug! Ill be hitting you up in a few months for a smaller pulley

The car has perfec street manners; both in town and at wot. I spent 30 minutes driving IN downtown dallas yesterday and she performed like a champ; no surging, no bucking, no idle issues, no nuffin! Then got on the hwy, made a few wot blasts, then went back to my daily driving tendencies of keeping the car at the speedlimit. This is the ultimate street car, imho

Last edited by golfinz; 09-28-2010 at 11:20 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:42 AM
Henry D
Advanced

Welcome back and that's a sick ride!

Quick Reply: First time getting blown...