C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thank you Corvette Forum for all the prayers and well wishes from my accident

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 12:57 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Default Thank you Corvette Forum for all the prayers and well wishes from my accident

Today marks 35 days since falling asleep at the wheel of my C5. I have yet to go to the accident scene and it is not important to me at the moment. I believe I have been given a second chance to be on earth with my family, friends and to be on this forum. To those that had a few pictures of my totaled Vette, I commend you for not posting pictures other than the night one that has appeared on the Forum.

It took me almost three weeks to get up the courage to go see my baby. I remember riding with Bob Hall out to Arnold Schoech’s house, we stopped and got me a milk shake as this was food to me at this point in my recovery. When we got into the drive way and I got my first look at what was to me my pride and joy I almost broke down and cried. My first words were my gosh I am so lucky to be here and this was only seeing it from the rear. I got out and walked around my now totaled Vette stunned that my car took this much damage and I am still here, I almost broke down again, though Bob and Arnold did not know this as it really hit home that God looked out for me.

I need to give special thanks to Arnold Schoech (he visited me everyday at the hospital and got my car out to his house), Bob Hall, Art Barrera, Kevin Belanger and Mark James, they spent quite a bit of time by my side and I will never forget this guys. I can not forget my loving wife who I know I broke her heart at first, she has been my savior and she took care of my like a baby, (oh we adopted our grandson who is now 8 months old 4 months ago), so she had two babies on her hand. Yea 5 broken ribs still hurt and my stomach is healing after my spleen and gall bladder ruptured my diaphragm. It took me 3 weeks to get much strength back and now at 5 weeks I washed the C6 today the first real chore I have done and it felt good.

A few pictures I took on my only visit to see my baby I had for almost 8 years and my loving wife is now insisting that another Vette to replace my baby. So next year I hope to be in a C6Z. Thanks again all you well wishers and those who prayed for me and I am convinced my roll bar saved my life with lots of help from God.

Old 08-21-2010, 01:03 PM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 897 Likes on 403 Posts
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '08

God speed to you, and congrats on the second chance!!!

Take care,
Joel
Old 08-21-2010, 01:05 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,195 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

glad you are OK and here to post about it
Old 08-21-2010, 01:09 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jbsblownc5
God speed to you, and congrats on the second chance!!!

Take care,
Joel
Originally Posted by pewter99

glad you are OK and here to post about it
Thank you guys and life is great
Old 08-21-2010, 01:12 PM
PowerLabs
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by peter pan
Today marks 35 days since falling asleep at the wheel of my C5. I have yet to go to the accident scene and it is not important to me at the moment. I believe I have been given a second chance to be on earth with my family, friends and to be on this forum. To those that had a few pictures of my totaled Vette, I commend you for not posting pictures other than the night one that has appeared on the Forum.

It took me almost three weeks to get up the courage to go see my baby. I remember riding with Bob Hall out to Arnold Schoech’s house, we stopped and got me a milk shake as this was food to me at this point in my recovery. When we got into the drive way and I got my first look at what was to me my pride and joy I almost broke down and cried...
Glad you are OK. I'd try and not get too upset about a material thing though... 5 years ago I was taking my "pride and joy" on a coast-to-coast drive across the country and less than 10 miles from home an overweight soccermom in a minivan ran a stop sign at full speed and slammed into my passenger side, destroying my car: I wasn't speeding, wasn't doing ANYTHING wrong or even remotely dangerous, and yet I barely even had time to see her coming before my car was done. Its just the way these things go: just a tub of plastic with an engine on it; it can be gone in a moment. As long as you are allright in the end you can always buy another one: GM pumps out about 50,000 of them in a year.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:15 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by PowerLabs
Glad you are OK. I'd try and not get too upset about a material thing though... 5 years ago I was taking my "pride and joy" on a coast-to-coast drive across the country and less than 10 miles from home an overweight soccermom in a minivan ran a stop sign at full speed and slammed into my passenger side, destroying my car: I wasn't speeding, wasn't doing ANYTHING wrong or even remotely dangerous, and yet I barely even had time to see her coming before my car was done. Its just the way these things go: just a tub of plastic with an engine on it; it can be gone in a moment. As long as you are allright in the end you can always buy another one: GM pumps out about 50,000 of them in a year.
Thanks and I needed to reword that statement I really almost broke down because I was shocked that I lived more so than my baby was destroyed. Yes it can and will be replaced with another Vette and life is great
Old 08-21-2010, 01:33 PM
yellowvette837
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03 thru'19
Tampa Events Princess
2015 C6 of Year Finalist
I Believe In The Beer Fairy

Glad you are healing
Old 08-21-2010, 01:34 PM
yellowvette837
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03 thru'19
Tampa Events Princess
2015 C6 of Year Finalist
I Believe In The Beer Fairy

Wow I can not believe the window is not broke at all
Old 08-21-2010, 01:51 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by yellowvette837

Wow I can not believe the window is not broke at all
You are right on this and thanks for the kind words
Old 08-21-2010, 02:03 PM
PowerLabs
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks and I needed to reword that statement I really almost broke down because I was shocked that I lived more so than my baby was destroyed. Yes it can and will be replaced with another Vette and life is great
Yeah, the damage is shocking. How did the car get so smashed up; did you roll? Do you have any details of the accident if you don't mind me asking?
Old 08-21-2010, 02:03 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

We all take so many things in life for granted. I guess you're looking at life through a new pair of sunglasses.

Sorry it happened in the first place. I'm glad it wasn't worse and that you are able to see the positive things that came from this episode.
Old 08-21-2010, 02:48 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by PowerLabs
Yeah, the damage is shocking. How did the car get so smashed up; did you roll? Do you have any details of the accident if you don't mind me asking?
Here is what I know from my buddy Art who was following me as I remember shifting to 4th. He said I kind of left the right side of the road and picked up speed hit like a ditch and this flipped the Vette and it hit on the right side and slid into a fence and stopped me short of trees. This was on the border of Camp Bullis Range on the out skirts of San Antonio. I was hanging by my seat belt and they cut it and got me out on the ground on my back (I was in shock as I do not remember anything until at the ER when they put the tube down my nose). I do not know many more details as I asked not to be told, now that I have recovered more they can chime in and it will be fine

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
We all take so many things in life for granted. I guess you're looking at life through a new pair of sunglasses.

Sorry it happened in the first place. I'm glad it wasn't worse and that you are able to see the positive things that came from this episode.
I was invisible and now know that I see things different through my glasses and god was with me so I can have a second chance at life
Old 08-21-2010, 03:12 PM
99FRC Newb
Drifting

Received 121 Likes on 85 Posts

do i see a 6 point in that thing? holy crap did that thing take a beating.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:14 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 99FRC Newb
do i see a 6 point in that thing? holy crap did that thing take a beating.
Yes it was a 6 point Wolfe setup with swing out bars that were in place, why I probably have 5 broke ribs, yes I am lucky to be here and on my second life, not like a cat though and life is great as I see through my glasses
Old 08-21-2010, 03:49 PM
MotleyDrew
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i am so glad you made it out ok ! You are a staple here and its way too soon for you to leave.... Rock n Roll bud !
Old 08-21-2010, 04:55 PM
TRIZ
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got a wolfe 5 point with removable door bar. Didn't think it would help much in an accident. Man, I'm happy to have it now.
Glad you're going to be OK.
God Bless!
Old 08-21-2010, 05:17 PM
D C
USMC (retired)
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes it was a 6 point Wolfe setup with swing out bars that were in place, why I probably have 5 broke ribs, yes I am lucky to be here and on my second life, not like a cat though and life is great as I see through my glasses
Glad you are with us and the roll bars looked like it prevented more damage.

Originally Posted by TRIZ
I got a wolfe 5 point with removable door bar. Didn't think it would help much in an accident. Man, I'm happy to have it now.
God Bless!
That is the next mod on the beast.

Get notified of new replies

To Thank you Corvette Forum for all the prayers and well wishes from my accident

Old 08-21-2010, 05:26 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by MotleyDrew
i am so glad you made it out ok ! You are a staple here and its way too soon for you to leave.... Rock n Roll bud !
Originally Posted by TRIZ
God Bless!
Originally Posted by D C
Glad you are with us and the roll bars looked like it prevented more damage.

That is the next mod on the beast.
Thanks guys and what I will do on my next bar is padding, not saying it would of prevented broken ribs and so glad I am here to show you guys what happened and life is great
Old 08-21-2010, 06:04 PM
0Brian@FI Performance
Former Vendor

Location: FI Performance : Norwalk Connecticut www.FIPERFORMANCE.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy ****, I am sooooooooooooooo glad you made it out of there. She did what she was supposed to do, protect you. I have a baby girl on the way and have really cut out the "stupid" things I used to do with mine however after seeing those pics I am giving Wolf a call on Monday and will become a dealer and get the FRC version to be ultra safe like yesterday...

My wife and I and the entire FI Performance team wish you a speedy recovery. Knowing you, will be back on the horse very soon.

Brian
Old 08-21-2010, 06:08 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Brian@FI Performance
Holy ****, I am sooooooooooooooo glad you made it out of there. She did what she was supposed to do, protect you. I have a baby girl on the way and have really cut out the "stupid" things I used to do with mine however after seeing those pics I am giving Wolf a call on Monday and will become a dealer and get the FRC version to be ultra safe like yesterday...

My wife and I and the entire FI Performance team wish you a speedy recovery. Knowing you, will be back on the horse very soon.

Brian
Thank you Brian and mine was a modified Z/FRC version and it worked to save me for a second go around, I really appreciate all the grand kids more and the one we adopted 4 months ago, life is grand

Quick Reply: Thank you Corvette Forum for all the prayers and well wishes from my accident