C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPE's NEW Remote Clutch Bleeder kit (The best on the market!!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 06:27 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06 & '12
Default TPE's NEW Remote Clutch Bleeder kit (The best on the market!!)

In continuing to produce innovative products that work for anyone from the everyday tuner shop, to the DIY mechanic, we have come up with what is soon to be a sure winner in the remote clutch bleeder world.

Over the years, there has been a few variations of the remote bleeder. They ranged from anything from a few -an fittings and line, to relatively nice working purpose built kits. But they have ALWAYS had their down fall.
One of the original problems with early remote bleeders, was that they used crush washers at the mounting point of the slave. When that was finally addressed, the issue came at the other end. Being that there was no sure-fire way to mount a brake style bleeder fitting into an -an line, what you had to do, was crank the fitting down with everything you had. This posed a few problems. 1) you werent 100% sure it wouldnt seep. 2) The life of the fitting deteriorated since you had to tighten the heck out of it.
The other issues are relatively minor in comparison. They stemmed from incorrect fitting angle, not using actual one person speedbleeders, and not giving you a way to get the fluid over the fender, and into a bottle.

Now comes the NEW TPE Remote Clutch Bleeder Kit!!

First off, we started from scratch. We took a factory slave bleeder fitting, and sent it off to be measured and digitized into a 3-d program. Once that was done, we had new stainless steel fittings made that are the exact depth, thread pitch, and taper of the factory fitting. This guarantees a perfect fit, with no chance of leaking. On the other end of this fitting, we machined it to allow for a -3 an male fitting..

When the fitting was finished, we measured out the proper length of line that we needed to run properly up to the brake booster. This is not just regular old line. It is teflon coated -3an brake bleeder line, with stainless steel exterior sleeving.

Now came the hard part. Figuring out a way to make this thing work flawlessly. We finally chose to run a one man, spring loaded Speed Bleeder. We quickly found out that by doing so, we had the same problem every other company had. So rather than accepting this flaw, we chose to have a special fitting machined, that would not only be permanently pressed onto the -3 an line, but work perfectly with the speed bleeder. In order to do this, we went through the same process as the original fitting at the slave. The end result, was a male and a female fitting that had the exact same taper, and thread pitch of eachother. This COMPLETELY eliminated the necessity of cranking down the fitting. You can now tighten it just like your brakes.

Once we had a proper working bleeder kit, we had 2 choices. 1) Zip tie it to the brake booster like everyone else, or 2) "Again" make a bracket assembly that bolts to an existing mount, which gives it a 100% OEM look. We chose the latter. Now, this clutch bleeder line comes with 2 small brackets. One bracket is attached to the line with an e-clip, while the other bracket mounts to the outer 15mm bolt on the master cylinder assembly. (At the base of the brake booster). When this kit is installed, it looks 100% factory, and is out of the way of all components of the car.

To top it all off, we wanted to take the kit 1 step farther. We chose to include 4' of clear hose that, when you choose to bleed your clutch, it routes safely over your fender, and into a disposable bottle (not included).

So now, when you need to bleed or completely flush your clutch system, all you need to do, is slip on the clear hose, open your clutch master cylinder, insert the hose into a bottle, crack the fitting approx 1/8 of a turn, and pump away. There is no need to build pressure, and keep opening and closing. Since the bleeder fitting is spring loaded, it shuts every time there is no fluid being pushed. All you need to do, is make sure you dont drain your m/c. From start to finish, you can completely flush your system in less than 5 minutes. If you are a shop, and have a vacuum bleeder kit, its even faster. When your all done, you simply lightly tighten the speed bleeder, install the dust cap, and top off your fluid. Its that simple.

We have 300 of these kits in stock, and are able to ship immediatly.

Currently, we are waiting on a couple of parts for the C6, but we will have those back by 6/30.

If you have custom colors under your hood, for 10.00 more, we have about 15 different colors to choose from.

We dont have them up on our website as of yet, so you can either call, PM, or email to order.

These kits are 89.95 plus 4.95 for shipping.

Until July 31st, we will be offering these to Corvette Forum members, for 89.95 SHIPPED. IF, we receive 25 actual orders, before 7/31, we will immediatly refund every single member 10.00. For every sale after 25, it will be 79.95 shipped to your door.

Hope you guys enjoy.. We had a few members beg us last year to do this, so this is for you guys. CF members asked for a reliable kit, and you got everything you asked for..

One last thing. These bleeder kits come with a 3 year warranty against leaking, seeping, or faulty speed bleeder. So if you change clutches multiple times, and it leaks, we will replace the faulty part free of charge.

Being that virtually every tuner shop in the country who installs clutches into these cars, uses some version of a remote bleeder, we do have a dealer program. So vendors, give us a call if you need 1 or 100 of these. We do have special CF Vendor pricing.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:04 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Now that looks like a nice piece Jeff.... answer my damn pm now would ya! lol
Old 06-28-2010, 08:16 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

Your Pm was a statement, not a question. You TOLD me you were buying HPT, and were gonna send me a file to look at. Well, you did ask if I knew of anyone who had an ls2 TB, so I guess that constitutes a question. No, I dont have a clue where to get one. I always try to ****** them up when they are in the F/S section.. No there, happy now?..
Originally Posted by breecher_7
Now that looks like a nice piece Jeff.... answer my damn pm now would ya! lol
Old 06-28-2010, 08:28 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff @ TPE
Your Pm was a statement, not a question. You TOLD me you were buying HPT, and were gonna send me a file to look at. Well, you did ask if I knew of anyone who had an ls2 TB, so I guess that constitutes a question. No, I dont have a clue where to get one. I always try to ****** them up when they are in the F/S section.. No there, happy now?..
I asked you if you would look at it if I sent it to you.... I didnt tell you to do it. But if its that easy to get you to do things, I got all sorts of things to TELL you to do for the cost of FREE.

Back to your clutch bleeder....
Old 06-28-2010, 08:48 PM
highpockets
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Might as well send me one since I am gonna stuff a clutch in it this weekend.You have all my info,have Jennifer bill me,hell,have her take it off my next check ! Thanks Buddy ! Oh,and if you want someone to TEST/ABUSE a new twin disc clutch for you,better ship it too ! Import wars/quick 16 is coming up and I plan to give these guys hell !
Old 06-29-2010, 04:15 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

Will do Vince.

I think your on net 180 with us anyways.
I have that new mack daddy prototype twin that'll be here tomorrow. I cant wait to play with it. I think the only way we can get it into a C5, is if we change the diaphram heights. But dude, If we could run that clutch in your car.. Oh man, oh man, that would be cool.
Originally Posted by highpockets
Might as well send me one since I am gonna stuff a clutch in it this weekend.You have all my info,have Jennifer bill me,hell,have her take it off my next check ! Thanks Buddy ! Oh,and if you want someone to TEST/ABUSE a new twin disc clutch for you,better ship it too ! Import wars/quick 16 is coming up and I plan to give these guys hell !
Old 06-29-2010, 07:59 PM
highpockets
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jeff @ TPE
Will do Vince.

I think your on net 180 with us anyways.
I have that new mack daddy prototype twin that'll be here tomorrow. I cant wait to play with it. I think the only way we can get it into a C5, is if we change the diaphram heights. But dude, If we could run that clutch in your car.. Oh man, oh man, that would be cool.
Cmon,I dont pay that fast ! Send the clutch with it,I will put the hurt on it,turn the boost up and see if we can slip this car into 2nd place on the 6 speed list ! Only need to turn a 9.6x or so,that should be a reasonable test for you. Free labor,and incar/on the track video included "no charge" Let me know,either way,as I have a new ACT coming as well and the Tex is going back to be rebuilt and sold.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:30 PM
jbsblownc5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 897 Likes on 403 Posts
2017 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '08

Nice job Jeff!!

My pos bleeder for my C6 has failed me twice, and is a pain to tighten all the way. I'll be in touch next time my clutch comes out...

JB
Old 06-29-2010, 08:48 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

Come on now, Your already in first place. Your running 9.8's at almost 6000 feet!! Lets see if the 9.6 car can come up to your alt and run that time..
Originally Posted by highpockets
Cmon,I dont pay that fast ! Send the clutch with it,I will put the hurt on it,turn the boost up and see if we can slip this car into 2nd place on the 6 speed list ! Only need to turn a 9.6x or so,that should be a reasonable test for you. Free labor,and incar/on the track video included "no charge" Let me know,either way,as I have a new ACT coming as well and the Tex is going back to be rebuilt and sold.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:38 PM
briann510
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a remote bleeder as well that has the leaking end on it and is worthless and I wont even bleed using it anymore fearing it wont stop leaking the next time.

It looks like it uses the same slave end fitting as yours does and if so I can unscrew the bleeder line fitting off that without removing my driveline to get to it and just replace it with your better line. The other aftermarket slave end fitting I had used the copper washer and had to remove driveline to get to it but im pretty sure this one was long enough and line fitting stuck out of hole enough I can get the line off with driveline in.

This look like same line fitting you are using?

Last edited by briann510; 06-29-2010 at 09:47 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:09 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

Honestly, I cant speak about if it is the same or not. "IF" the fitting at the slave has the same taper as ours, then yes, you could remove the line and switch it. But since you would already be there, I would reccomend replacing the whole enchilada. (If you had to remove the driveline.
That was always the big issue. Since they "Looked" like the bleeder taper and -an taper were tha same, then it may work. Well, as you know first hand, that isnt always the case.

If I were you, I would try, but if it didnt work you at least have the fitting at the slave in the kit.

Our fitting does use the -3an taper on the line end, so it "Might" work.
Originally Posted by briann510
I have a remote bleeder as well that has the leaking end on it and is worthless and I wont even bleed using it anymore fearing it wont stop leaking the next time.

It looks like it uses the same slave end fitting as yours does and if so I can unscrew the bleeder line fitting off that without removing my driveline to get to it and just replace it with your better line. The other aftermarket slave end fitting I had used the copper washer and had to remove driveline to get to it but im pretty sure this one was long enough and line fitting stuck out of hole enough I can get the line off with driveline in.

This look like same line fitting you are using?

Old 06-29-2010, 11:15 PM
briann510
Melting Slicks

Looking closer at some other pics of mine I have it looks like the taper is a little longer on yours. Im thinking its gonna be off just a smidgin...
But next time my driveline is out you bet im getting your bleeder.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:15 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

Hey Guys, Anyone who has ordered has either already gone out, or going out today.

We will be closed from about mid-day today, until friday mid-day. So please dont beat us up, if you dont see us posting. I have to run to LA to drop off a customers car, so I decided to take the little ones to see the ocean.

See yall in a few days.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:07 PM
Jennifer @ TPE
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

We haven't quite reached our 25 orders yet in order to give the additional $10. Get your orders in before the 31st . Once we get to 25 orders we will credit each card $10! We have the kits in stock and ready to ship immediately.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:27 PM
highpockets
Drifting

Got mine,will post some pics for those that have a scattershield.Thanks for going the extra mile to help me out,I appreciate it !
Old 07-16-2010, 07:46 PM
Jennifer @ TPE
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

I just added the remote clutch bleeder to our website. Here is the link: http://www.totalperformanceengineeri...7a08e8cfe8a659
Old 07-28-2010, 05:32 PM
Jennifer @ TPE
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

We have not hit 25 yet. We have a few more to go and then everyone who has purchased will receive a credit for $10. Orders must be in on or before the 31st.

Get notified of new replies

To TPE's NEW Remote Clutch Bleeder kit (The best on the market!!)

Old 07-29-2010, 08:14 PM
Jennifer @ TPE
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

We got a couple more orders in today. We need 3 more orders to hit 25. Get 'em in soon!
Old 07-29-2010, 08:42 PM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 272 Likes on 212 Posts

I will order tomorrow.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:11 PM
Jennifer @ TPE
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by 95wht6spd
I will order tomorrow.
Got your order It will be shipping today. Only 2 more to go guys...

Quick Reply: TPE's NEW Remote Clutch Bleeder kit (The best on the market!!)