C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A Corvette Performance:Forced Induction Q&A thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 11:18 AM
Josh@AandASuperchargers
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 183 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Randall Eakes
I just bought a v2 kit for my 99 c5. I have heads/cam/fast 92 set up.
227/243 | .62x"/.62x" | LSA115+4 - cam
317 heads
lg motorsports 1 7/8" headers
What size pulley should I run to get 8-10psi?
With all those mods you should probably start with a 3.6" because it's going to make great power without even trying.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:26 PM
Randall Eakes
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh@AandASuperchargers
With all those mods you should probably start with a 3.6" because it's going to make great power without even trying.
I'm not touching the bottom end. It'll be all stock. You think that'll be fine for the motor?
Old 04-22-2014, 05:52 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

I'm not touching the bottom end. It'll be all stock. You think that'll be fine for the motor?
You should ask the guy that will be tuning how much power he is fine with tuning for on pump gas only. He might only want you to run a 3.8" pulley and see what power it makes first.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:12 PM
Randall Eakes
Instructor

You should ask the guy that will be tuning how much power he is fine with tuning for on pump gas only. He might only want you to run a 3.8" pulley and see what power it makes first.

How can I tell what size pulley is on there now? And where can I buy a new pulley?
Old 04-22-2014, 06:16 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

How can I tell what size pulley is on there now? And where can I buy a new pulley?
It's usually stamped or etched on the front of the pulley. You can order new pulley and/or belt right from our website.

PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO VISIT OUR NEW WEBSITE AT WWW.AACORVETTE.COM
NOW PARTNERING WITH AFFIRM TO OFFER INTEREST FREE FINANCING!

A&A CORVETTE PERFORMANCE
477 LAMBERT ST Ste A
OXNARD CA 93036
(805) 278-4107

Instagram @aacorvettesuperchargers
Facebook.com/AACorvette

Old 04-22-2014, 06:23 PM
Randall Eakes
Instructor

It's usually stamped or etched on the front of the pulley. You can order new pulley and/or belt right from our website.
Ok. Thanks for all the help.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:28 PM
NewWorldBlues
Advanced

Can you tell me a little bit about which size pulley works best with which situation, please.

Where does the 3.25" pulley fit in with a stock LS1, auto transmission, V3 Si?

Edited to add:

The reason I asked is because Donald4972 had one installed. Although, I didn't notice until after my post that he has the T trim supercharger. I'm guessing that would change things when considering I'm going with the Si trim.

"I have the V3 T trim supercharger. It has the 3.25 pulley.
As I wrote earlier, my LS1 is completely stock. So Andy gave me the mild tune, I requested.
With that V3, I could easily upgrade to some big numbers, if I wished to upgrade some of the internals on my engine.
For now, I don't wish to do that. But, I always reserve the right to change my mind; about everything..."

Thank you.

Last edited by NewWorldBlues; 04-26-2014 at 05:12 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 08:26 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by NewWorldBlues
Can you tell me a little bit about which size pulley works best with which situation, please.

Where does the 3.25" pulley fit in with a stock LS1, auto transmission, V3 Si?

Edited to add:

The reason I asked is because Donald4972 had one installed. Although, I didn't notice until after my post that he has the T trim supercharger. I'm guessing that would change things when considering I'm going with the Si trim.

"I have the V3 T trim supercharger. It has the 3.25 pulley.
As I wrote earlier, my LS1 is completely stock. So Andy gave me the mild tune, I requested.
With that V3, I could easily upgrade to some big numbers, if I wished to upgrade some of the internals on my engine.
For now, I don't wish to do that. But, I always reserve the right to change my mind; about everything..."

Thank you.
You will want to start with the 3.6" with your stock LS1/A4/V3Si-trim. It will still make big gains and keep power in a safe window for the stock engine. Don's project was a little different than most and was de-tuned to keep the power down using the T-trim.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:25 AM
stryderss
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Josh,

I just took out the underdrive pulley and put in a stock sized ATI still running the 3.6 and jeez does this thing take off LOL. going to see Ryne on Thursday for the final tuning. I will let you know how it goes
Old 04-28-2014, 12:05 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Ok cool. Sounds like a beast with all the new boost.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:42 PM
NewWorldBlues
Advanced

You will want to start with the 3.6" with your stock LS1/A4/V3Si-trim. It will still make big gains and keep power in a safe window for the stock engine. Don's project was a little different than most and was de-tuned to keep the power down using the T-trim.
Okay, thanks Josh.

Do recommend any other belts, hoses, or pulleys be upgraded at the same time as the SC install? The car has 80k on it, and I'm wonder if there is anything I should upgrade as a preventive maintenance measure that would be easier to do before the SC install. Typically if it ain't broke don't fix it applies, but I'm just wondering if the question has been posed before and what you recommend.

Last edited by NewWorldBlues; 04-29-2014 at 04:48 PM.
Old 04-29-2014, 04:59 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by NewWorldBlues
Okay, thanks Josh.

Do recommend any other belts, hoses, or pulleys be upgraded at the same time as the SC install? The car has 80k on it, and I'm wonder if there is anything I should upgrade as a preventive maintenance measure that would be easier to do before the SC install. Typically if it ain't broke don't fix it applies, but I'm just wondering if the question has been posed before and what you recommend.
Check your a/c belt and tensioner.

You might consider installing a new harmonic balancer at this time since you have 80k miles already. Summit Racing #C2501 is a great replacement that is SFI-spec. Better than putting a new GM balancer on that wobbles straight out of the box.

If you have a '03-'04 then you already have the better alternator bracket with stronger casting.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:24 PM
NewWorldBlues
Advanced

Check your a/c belt and tensioner.

You might consider installing a new harmonic balancer at this time since you have 80k miles already. Summit Racing #C2501 is a great replacement that is SFI-spec. Better than putting a new GM balancer on that wobbles straight out of the box.

If you have a '03-'04 then you already have the better alternator bracket with stronger casting.
Excellent. Thank you, sir.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:04 AM
c6silver
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a question about the Vortech V2Si (that uses engine oil for lubrication). I want to know if it's possible or if anyone has done it, to use, say, an LS7 dry sump tank or similar custom oil container and one of those electric oil pumps that the STS rear turbo guys use on a Vortech. Seems to me it would allow the unit to run pretty cool without the hot engine oil circulating through it, my only concern would be would the oil get warm/hot enough to flow well ? Could you run thinner oil, even non-motor oil ? Thanks .
Old 05-02-2014, 12:05 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Originally Posted by c6silver
I have a question about the Vortech V2Si (that uses engine oil for lubrication). I want to know if it's possible or if anyone has done it, to use, say, an LS7 dry sump tank or similar custom oil container and one of those electric oil pumps that the STS rear turbo guys use on a Vortech. Seems to me it would allow the unit to run pretty cool without the hot engine oil circulating through it, my only concern would be would the oil get warm/hot enough to flow well ? Could you run thinner oil, even non-motor oil ? Thanks .
It could be done, similar to what I've seen turbo guys do for remote oiling systems, but it's a lot of work and parts that are just not needed. This is one of those times to keep it simple. The V2 design works great and has for years using the engine oil and returning it back into the oil pan.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:31 PM
c6silver
Racer

Is there an in-line filter kit for the return line to the engine just in case the charger takes a dump ?
Old 05-02-2014, 02:37 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Is there an in-line filter kit for the return line to the engine just in case the charger takes a dump ?
No there is not, u don't want any kind of restriction in that return line. If the sc scattered the "stuff" would have to go thru the pickup screen and then thru the oil filter.

There is also a screen in the inlet fitting of the oil feed on the sc in case your engine "dumps" into the charger.

Get notified of new replies

To A&A Corvette Performance:Forced Induction Q&A thread

Old 05-06-2014, 08:49 AM
c6silver
Racer

My opinion:
Ditch the 1.8 roller rockers, put on set of factory style 1.7 rockers. Much lighter and easier on the valve-train.

Put a bigger cam in it for sure. Like a 228/236 114.

With IW 8" balancer and a 3.6" s/c pulley on that V2 Si-trim you will be at max impeller speed with a redline of 6,600 rpm. That lower CR of 9:1 might make it tough to hit the power you need for 9s. But, you can make it up with a Yank 3600-4000 stall.
Keep the 3.42 gears. LS9 head gaskets are great choice.

You might need more fuel system: I'd do at least 80# injectors and if that in-tank with BAP doesn't get the job done. Consider adding our single external fuel pump system.

93 octane and a great tuner will make all the difference in the world.

Get a nice drag pack on it and cut some 1.4x 60ft times and should be able to turn some high 9s with enough timing in the tune.

Ok, I bought a bigger cam 224-236 on a 116 -2 degrees overlap, .581 .602 lift. Will this work ? I see a lot of different opinions about overlap with centri blowers, old school thinking seems to be to minimize it, but centri's work different than PD blowers...thoughts ? I also may get a set of 5.3 heads to have ported for the smaller chambers to get 10:1 compression, any thoughts ? Or can I mill the 72 cc LQ9 heads down enough ? I would also like to know why you advise against going up on the rear gears, I would think 3.90s or 4.10s would be great for a centri and make the et goal easier to achieve. Thanks !
Old 05-06-2014, 09:00 AM
c6silver
Racer

Oh, and I forgot to ask about the black coating I see on some of the kits...is that just powder coat or some kind of thermal management coating ? It looks BAD AZZ.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:18 PM
Josh@AandASuperchargers

Oh, and I forgot to ask about the black coating I see on some of the kits...is that just powder coat or some kind of thermal management coating ? It looks BAD AZZ.
The blower and charge pipe are powder coated.
The bracket is anodized.

Quick Reply: A&A Corvette Performance:Forced Induction Q&A thread