C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPM A&A YSi Installation

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 09:01 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06wanted
Man Robert this thing is going to be a beast.
Shane, I was talking with Nick the other night. all of my temp on the car is really good no IAT problems at all. I hope this rain stops so nick can do his thing with the car. I will give you a call when I get it.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:03 AM
BLOWNZO6
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by robert miller
I hope this rain stops so nick can do his thing with the car. I will give you a call when I get it.
That makes two of us...

Still pouring here, could be worse, could be snow...
Old 10-15-2009, 05:13 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by BLOWNZO6
That makes two of us...

Still pouring here, could be worse, could be snow...
Nick, not funny here. I understand.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:19 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 95vettski
The driveability is where most tuners don't invest enough time. Robert, what tranny and stall do you have in the car?
Nick, how is the car doing man. With all the rain the drivability should be 100% With the WOT being This coming week is looking better with no raim now for a few days.......
Old 10-18-2009, 08:40 PM
BLOWNZO6

Nick, how is the car doing man. With all the rain the drivability should be 100% With the WOT being This coming week is looking better with no raim now for a few days.......
Drove it around today the part throttle is done, just have do the deed now. Have a few shift point adjustments to make, just some stuff like that, but other than that I hope we can get it done this week.

Hang in there...
Old 10-18-2009, 09:06 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Drove it around today the part throttle is done, just have do the deed now. Have a few shift point adjustments to make, just some stuff like that, but other than that I hope we can get it done this week.

Hang in there...
I know you will call me, When you have it like you want it to be man. Was up in G.B. this weekend at the corvette expo I didnt hear from you so just came on back home. I didnt want too bug you. Just give me a call when you have it dyno.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:03 AM
obxfunn
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10
FedEx Bowl 4 St. Jude '09

Wow, its getting close Robert. I know you are getting excited to have the car screaming down the street.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:01 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

I thought after I spent the weekend at the Texas Mile you would be back in the saddle, hope it is soon
Old 10-19-2009, 08:54 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by peter pan
I thought after I spent the weekend at the Texas Mile you would be back in the saddle, hope it is soon
I hear you man, I am sure nick wants it gone almost as much as I want to get it back. I am sure it will be this week sometime.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:58 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Default ttt

Nick, gave me a p.m. last night. He is having to almost pull the meth system out of the car are redo all most all of it. The last guy down in the nashville area really did a number on the car. Nick also had to pull the trans and rearend out of the car from his work on the dyno with the car.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:11 AM
BLOWNZO6

Nick, gave me a p.m. last night. He is having to almost pull the meth system out of the car are redo all most all of it. The last guy down in the nashville area really did a number on the car. Nick also had to pull the trans and rearend out of the car from his work on the dyno with the car.
Yep big fun there...
R T F D ...
Old 10-20-2009, 09:16 AM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

At least you got the car with the right guy this time.

Yep big fun there...
R T F D ...
Geez, that does not sound good. What's wrong with the trans and differential ?
Old 10-20-2009, 09:28 AM
BLOWNZO6

Originally Posted by ajg1915

The trans is an RPM trans and fortunately as fas ar I can tell it was fine. One of the previous shops that worked on the car dynoed the car in 4th gear. It wiped out both couplers and the converter.

I have to say that Precision is a great company, the converter had obviously been abused, there were heat marks through the case when I took it apart. They said that several of the fins were also laid over as if the car had been held against the brakes for an extended period of time. On top of that the converter was 5 months out of warranty, they fixed it for nothing more than the cost of shipping. That is another reason to do business with RPM! I have used quite a few Precision converters over the years and have excellent luck with them. Of course the experience with RPM goes without saying..

Mike Yeager at East Coast Performance supplied the replacement bushings and we were back in business with it.

Hopefully this will be the last hurdle. The kit is back on the car and I will check the wiring to be sure nothing is amiss there... we are shooting for some dyno time this week.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:39 AM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

The trans is an RPM trans and fortunately as fas ar I can tell it was fine. One of the previous shops that worked on the car dynoed the car in 4th gear. It wiped out both couplers and the converter.

I have to say that Precision is a great company, the converter had obviously been abused, there were heat marks through the case when I took it apart. They said that several of the fins were also laid over as if the car had been held against the brakes for an extended period of time. On top of that the converter was 5 months out of warranty, they fixed it for nothing more than the cost of shipping. That is another reason to do business with RPM! I have used quite a few Precision converters over the years and have excellent luck with them. Of course the experience with RPM goes without saying..

Mike Yeager at East Coast Performance supplied the replacement bushings and we were back in business with it.

Hopefully this will be the last hurdle. The kit is back on the car and I will check the wiring to be sure nothing is amiss there... we are shooting for some dyno time this week.

Thanks for the explanations.

Not sure why anybody who does some drag racing doesn't install a line-lock as it will save you a lot of headaches.

Trying to overpower the cars brake system is not easy on the drive train.

I did an upgraded drive shaft with Mike myself. I bought a DriveShaft Company inner shaft and had the existing ends machined for 12mm bolt holes and did a rubber front and aluminum rear bushing.

Old 10-20-2009, 11:11 AM
HP_Addict
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

with all the problems with your car, it might have been cheaper to just start over. Either way I know Nick will get it running.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:34 AM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Wow, sorry to hear about the new issues, but great to hear Nick has them under control
Old 10-20-2009, 11:46 AM
tail_lights
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 210 Posts

Its never easy, but its getting there.

Get notified of new replies

To HPM A&A YSi Installation

Old 10-20-2009, 10:29 PM
DeltaT
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

So how does the YSi sound at idle and off-idle? Cool build.

Jim
Old 10-20-2009, 11:06 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by ajg1915

The guy that put the kenne bell on it put it on the dyno. Then ran the car up to 200 MPH on it in over drive then told me it was the only car that shut off his dyno machine. That really did a number on the couplers. Nick had to pull all of that out then had too put both new back.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:21 AM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08

The guy that put the kenne bell on it put it on the dyno. Then ran the car up to 200 MPH on it in over drive then told me it was the only car that shut off his dyno machine. That really did a number on the couplers. Nick had to pull all of that out then had too put both new back.
I've noticed that the stock 10mm couplers used in the auto torque tubes do not like big power. The tube that I purchased from a local guy had the couplers all twisted and cracked from the torque he was putting down.

That's why I upgraded my inner parts of the tube, then I went out and bought another vette with a six speed last week.

I wish I had known all of this before.

With the big numbers you'll be putting down, you'll probably need a beefed up TT in the future.

I thought dyno pulls were always done in 3rd with auto's ?

Quick Reply: HPM A&A YSi Installation