C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Water Temp on I/C Maggie????

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 11:04 AM
Steve02C5
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Engine Water Temp on I/C Maggie????

What are some normal op temps with the I/C Maggie???

Here in Houston, my temps will go to 230^F in city driving with the air on - I suspect due to the I/C covering the radiator. Both fans work correctly having been set by MTI. On the hiway, the temp is ~ 110^F greater than ambient. I had an aftermarket radiator installed by MTI which didn't help that much. Would hi volume fans help keep the temp <220F?????
Old 09-20-2009, 03:21 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Never had an issue with my I/C Maggie in Texas. You may want to jack up the car and clean out the Walmart bags from in front of the condenser and then pull the radiator and blow all the junk out of the fins.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:35 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve02C5
What are some normal op temps with the I/C Maggie???

Here in Houston, my temps will go to 230^F in city driving with the air on - I suspect due to the I/C covering the radiator. Both fans work correctly having been set by MTI. On the hiway, the temp is ~ 110^F greater than ambient. I had an aftermarket radiator installed by MTI which didn't help that much. Would hi volume fans help keep the temp <220F?????
Dont know about the maggie, with the aftermarket rad and putting ext oil and trans coolers on the car the kenne bell will be in the 250,s with out the above.....

Get notified of new replies

To Engine Water Temp on I/C Maggie????

Quick Reply: Engine Water Temp on I/C Maggie????