C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fi?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 09:25 AM
alj357
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Fi?

Ok everyone I did a search find some things however my questions weren't answered. I have a 2000 A4 (2.73s), Vararam, LS6 intake and Borla Stingers. The car has 82K on it and is mechanically sound. Do you all think the mileage is too high for FI. I don't plan on Auto X, I may occassionally go to the drag strip. Also, this isn't my DD however I do drive it a lot (most of the mileage is highway miles) I have made four trips from MD to Ga and 3 MD to SC, so reliablilty is a must. With that being said if I go w/ FI what application would you all think is best? Also, would it be better to purchase a new engine instead of FI. I plan on doing this in about eight months after returning from an upcoming deployment. Thanks in advance.

Al
Old 07-09-2009, 09:28 AM
GETOPLES
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 07-09-2009, 09:31 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06
Tech Contributor

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

If you keep the boost levels at a reasonable level, there's no reason you can't enjoy some boost with your existing engine. Many times the problem arises when you feel the boost and can't help yourself and turn it up another notch. Upping the boost will snowball on you, causing you to spend money on the transmission, fuel system, etc. Just do it like that Ronco rotisserie and "set it and forget it"
Old 07-09-2009, 09:43 AM
0Arun@ChampionMotors
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alj357
Ok everyone I did a search find some things however my questions weren't answered. I have a 2000 A4 (2.73s), Vararam, LS6 intake and Borla Stingers. The car has 82K on it and is mechanically sound. Do you all think the mileage is too high for FI. I don't plan on Auto X, I may occassionally go to the drag strip. Also, this isn't my DD however I do drive it a lot (most of the mileage is highway miles) I have made four trips from MD to Ga and 3 MD to SC, so reliablilty is a must. With that being said if I go w/ FI what application would you all think is best? Also, would it be better to purchase a new engine instead of FI. I plan on doing this in about eight months after returning from an upcoming deployment. Thanks in advance.

Al
There is no reason why you can't go FI. When peroperly installed and tuned you can get another 82K on the car. the transmission however will be another story-the A4's don't take too much abuse for very long.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:27 PM
saloonwarrior
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My motor has 99k on it......granted, I just lost a waterpump, but I will blame that on age (98), and mileage.....not to mention older design (from what I hear). I have a Novi 2000 FMIC, and I'm running 8-10psi, with stock intake, and heads, long tube headers, full exhaust, RPM level V tranny and 2800 Yank. I have a VERY conservative tune (lots of miles on it), and still made around 480 to the rear wheels. The car drives great when I am putting around, and is a blast when under WOT. I can't wait for a cam this winter.. I wouldn't worry about the miles IMHO
Old 07-09-2009, 01:56 PM
tail_lights
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 210 Posts

I went F/I at 95k. Lasted to 115k and had a head gasket problem. Tons of fun, I beat on it every weekend
Old 07-09-2009, 03:53 PM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Palmdale, Ca----- 2009 Cyber Gray 4LT A6 F55 452 RWHP 422 RWTQ- RIP 1998 C5 734 RWHP & 585 RWTQ-----
Received 341 Likes on 281 Posts

You will be fine! Go with a A&A Kit ready to bolt on and you will make 480+ RWHP for your A4 Vette

Keep the B@@ST around 8 PSI and no more and you'll have a fast and fun Vette for many more miles

Andy's (A&A kit comes with pretty much everything you need to bolt it right on an d have a tuner Dyno tune it)

Thanks,Matt

Get notified of new replies

To Fi?

Quick Reply: Fi?