C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Our 8 Second Twin Turbo LS1 RX7

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 09:55 AM
0brianhinson
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by greekc6
thats just a sick setup. how much power did that setup put down
The 8.22 pass was probably around 1,100-1,200 HP +/- some.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:50 AM
Shinobi'sZ
Le Mans Master

Received 437 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by Earl H
I have been a big fan of LS-RX7 s. After the GTS sells, I have vowed to remain a vette only household'
,but I must admit that I'd love to do a TT LSX RX7...may yet happen. I just love the design and packaging of that last gen..
I do too...but we should if we like the C5 body right?. If I remember my reading correctly Mazda saw the design at a tour or while using spies of the C5 pre-production (96-97). They then went back to Japan and made the final RX7 Body Style. It looks like a mini C5 from the rounded body panels, mirrors, and the fender vents.

So apart from the rotary motor...(which isn't bad) we should like an LSx stuffed in an RX7...because it looks a lot like a C5.

When I compare the pic of your car in your sig and the RX7 leaving the line...they look very close...but the Vette still looks better.

Last edited by Shinobi'sZ; 05-20-2009 at 11:53 AM.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:18 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Shinobi'sZ
I do too...but we should if we like the C5 body right?. If I remember my reading correctly Mazda saw the design at a tour or while using spies of the C5 pre-production (96-97). They then went back to Japan and made the final RX7 Body Style. It looks like a mini C5 from the rounded body panels, mirrors, and the fender vents.

So apart from the rotary motor...(which isn't bad) we should like an LSx stuffed in an RX7...because it looks a lot like a C5.

When I compare the pic of your car in your sig and the RX7 leaving the line...they look very close...but the Vette still looks better.
Umm... The 3rd generation RX7 came out in 1992 in Japan...

Mine is a U.S. '93 model.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:32 PM
Shinobi'sZ
Le Mans Master

Received 437 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by JustinStrife
Umm... The 3rd generation RX7 came out in 1992 in Japan...

Mine is a U.S. '93 model.
Well maybe they saw it between 92-93. You are jogging my memory of the article now...if I recall correctly the article blamed the Mazda RX7 as the reason for or excuse for delaying the C5 until the 97 year. The article could have been full of crap. I just remember reading that Mazda had gained insight (somehow) as to how the C5 was going to look...maybe it isn't too far off as one of the major mags predicted what the C5 would look like in the early 90s too. But you can't deny the similarities......

or

Maybe it is totally the reverse and GM paid for the article in the mag so that they could explain why the Corvette looked like a Japanese car.

Don't know and don't really care but you can see the similarities.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:22 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

Oh I definitely can tell the similarities. Considering the FD3S RX7 came out a full 5 years before the C5, I think it's funny that someone would claim Mazda copied Corvette in it's lines. How long do you think Mazda had been spending on that body design before settling on it? Even if the Corvette division came out with their C5 moldings in the early 90's, wouldn't it have taken Japan several years to re-design it to fit what it became? I don't buy it at all. I really don't. I own both, and the front ends do have similarities, but other than looking similar and RWD, they share nothing.

I do call my FD a mini-C5 though
Old 05-21-2009, 10:16 AM
gorillavet
Drifting

Are you guys running your carbon fiber drive shaft in that vehicle. If so.....how is it holding up????
Old 05-21-2009, 12:18 PM
0brianhinson
Former Vendor

We are running our carbon fiber shaft in some Outlaw 10.5 and ProMod cars. The shafts are SFI approved. We have to test to 1,800 lb/ft for this certification.

Our TT RX7 was built years ago. At the time, we were not testing CF units in race applications, so it has a steel shaft in it. If we were building it again, it would definitely have a carbon shaft.

Quick Reply: Our 8 Second Twin Turbo LS1 RX7