C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Introducing our C5 Single Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 05:23 PM
Mark2ooo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They should release the money back to you and then if you still want to do buisness with them go back in and do a new transaction. That way if you need to file a new dispute you will be able to. I dont think it would cost either of you in paypal fees.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:27 PM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Mark2ooo
They should release the money back to you and then if you still want to do buisness with them go back in and do a new transaction. That way if you need to file a new dispute you will be able to. I dont think it would cost either of you in paypal fees.

Yes, he could do a refund and then start fresh. That would be win, win for both sides.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:33 PM
BLK01SS
Instructor

I think that you just need to call them and talk to them. I called them yesterday and had no problems getting in touch.

To clear up the story on the welds, they told me they had a couple sets of kits that wern't properly back purged when welded, so that they where going to sell them cheaper to try to get rid of them instead of trashing them. They didn't plan on making them like that its just what they ended up out of production. That's what Brian told me a couple weeks ago. I went with a new set just because I'm not a Tig welder and don't want the hassle. Probably be a good buy for someone who is a welder and can fix them.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:44 PM
wilson34
Burning Brakes

I think you need to call, then after all the smoke has cleared then post the results of what happened in the transaction...

Because sometimes if a vendor sees this, they may not feel to inclined to help you if they feel they are being "bashed".
Old 06-15-2010, 06:47 PM
0331MARINE
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: You know your drunk when you swerve to miss the tree then you realize its your air freshener! Covington Ga
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hinson will do you right. I called them one morning to get a fuel line and they made the line for me and got it out the same day!!
Old 06-15-2010, 07:00 PM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Location: Birmingham, AL www.hinsonsupercars.com 205-909-9402
Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Wow, I had no idea that this had been blown up so much. The balance of the original purchase was refunded to Vettedriver earlier today. If he wishes to buy the new system, he can pay the new PayPal payment request. We are new to PayPal disputes, but I feel this is the best way to handle it. His Tial gate is being made for him. We only stock the units in black, so his color choice is a drop ship. I am at fault for telling him that I would hold the WG. I originally thought the entire purchase was being disputed.

Guys - I want to encourage you to reach out and talk to your vendors if you have problems. Most of us want to work things out with you, and getting frustrated on the forum does very little to help complete a transaction. Emails simply do not cut it when someone is upset, so pick up the phone and call when possible. I believe that most of today's situation would have been avoided if the customer would have been available to talk on the phone.

I appreciate all the kind words from you guys. We value each of our customers, and we always want to take care of them.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:04 PM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Weld Info - BLKSS is correct that we have some older systems that we're selling at discount. These were production goofs, and they are almost gone now. They were a good way for someone to get in the product at lower cost. However, we were only selling those to people that could fix them should a problem come up.

The new systems are purged properly and made of quality 304SS here in the USA. These systems will run trouble free!

I'll scroll back and answer more questions in the morning. Take care guys.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:36 PM
BLK01SS
Instructor

Hey man I'm gonna try to call you tomarrow if I get time. I wanna make sure the charge pipes I got from you are gonna fit ok. After checking out my intercooler I think it might be an older style, cause it doesn't look like the one on your website. I'm not sure if you caught that in the pic.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:20 AM
SilverZohsix
Instructor

excellent! glad everything got cleared up and glad to get clarification on the weld information...I'll be calling in the next couple days with a couple questions on the system!
Old 06-16-2010, 11:05 AM
Vettedriver986
Pro

Hinson did return my money, in the form of an Echeck
so whenever that clears, I will consider that resolved and move on to the new order to get the hot parts.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:36 AM
SilverZohsix
Instructor

that blows, keep us posted if anything else comes up...
Old 06-22-2010, 07:23 AM
MACKASH
Racer

How many out there running the hinson kit?
Old 06-22-2010, 01:55 PM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by MACKASH
How many out there running the hinson kit?
We have sold a less than twenty sets. This is mostly due to us not advertising the complete product. We're going to work on moving the system this summer as soon as time allows. It runs great, and we know it will be embraced when the information and pricing has been finalized. Thanks!
Old 06-22-2010, 03:38 PM
SilverZohsix
Instructor

that sounds good. i noticed how there isn't a ton of info out there yet. i'd still like to know a few things here...

what is done as far as compressor inlet? a tube like the A&A kit, or just a mushroom style filter?

also, is the air/air intercooler done? results with that setup as opposed to the air/water?

recirculated wastegate?
Old 06-22-2010, 04:44 PM
NICK YOSKIN
Le Mans Master

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by vettedriver986
hinson did return my money, in the form of an echeck
So whenever that clears, i will consider that resolved and move on to the new order to get the hot parts.
echecks are actually better!
Small 5 dollar fee
Old 06-22-2010, 04:58 PM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Silver -

There currently is no filter mount for the system. We have a mold and are looking at building something similar to the A&A version.

The A2A intercooler is done. The core is large enough for 1000 crank hp. General performance and IAT's were great. We had no problem with engine coolant temps either.

Yes, the wastegate is plumed back in to the exhaust. We're using the Tial 44mm setup.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks
Old 06-22-2010, 05:29 PM
SilverZohsix
Instructor

excellent! thanks for the response! i'd definitely like to go this route. i wouldn't be pulling the trigger until next spring probably, so hopefully by then the inlet will be complete and pricing will be for certain. as long as it stays close to that of the A&A i'll be all set! hopefully there'll be a few 02-04 Z's posting up results with the 76mm too!

Get notified of new replies

To Introducing our C5 Single Turbo Kit

Old 07-23-2010, 01:17 AM
Vettedriver986
Pro

ey guys, forgot to let you know, but my wastegate did arrive, and I will be paying for the updated hot parts system on paypal soon here.... please still honor that price you gave me hinson?
Old 07-23-2010, 01:02 PM
0HinsonSuperCars
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Vettedriver986
ey guys, forgot to let you know, but my wastegate did arrive, and I will be paying for the updated hot parts system on paypal soon here.... please still honor that price you gave me hinson?
Thanks for updating everyone on the completion of the purchase.

We can discuss pricing with you when you're ready to make the purchase. There has been a small price increase due to the changes in flanges for the Tial WG and the thicker stainless that we're using in the turbo header. We are working on updating our store pricing as time allows.

Have a good weekend.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:53 PM
Vettedriver986
Pro

I mean, I am ready to do it. I still have the bill from you in my paypal account for the amount we agreed on with the flange for the tial wastegate I bought from you.

Quick Reply: Introducing our C5 Single Turbo Kit