C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racetronic pump went out- Time for a new fuel system

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 01:45 AM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

No problem Jay. Will Do..

Just a note. I was NOT pointing any fingers at Racetronix. I made no mention whatsoever, so I dont want ANYONE to assume I was talking about them. I was making a point in regards to LPE pumps versus everyone elses. For the record, my Racetronix never failed.

I just find it odd that the LPE pump failures are few and far between (if ever), yet other pumps which are supposed to be the same fail all the time. If you go over to LS!tech, there is 3 threads on the first page alone.

The Walbro pumps 9 times out of 10 are purchased ALREADY in the bucket. So unless the end user disassembled the system, they wouldnt know the difference..

Racetronix, that was NOT the site I was referring to.

Originally Posted by jersey jay
Jeff PM me the link to the site and I'll get back to you.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:55 AM
LRD VDR
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine has been making noise too. I can't imagine why a pump can't last more than 3000 miles. Looking into options also.

Shahram
Old 07-28-2008, 12:10 PM
vetterlatethannever
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll keep track of the mileage and time on mine, installed just last weekend.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:15 PM
hermit
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Racetronix
In most cases there is something wrong with the customer's install or application.
I'm curious as to what kinds of problems with the installs and applications you have been finding that have contributed to the failure of the pumps. It might help others avoid those problems.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Robert56@RNS
Collections Hold

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Racetronics has been great, and was my first upgrade along with the Hot wire trick. Since then the return and reg at the rails from the '97/98 has been added. Then recently when the limits of the stockish style system was being seen, [(I started seeing issues with supply needs at about the 600/650hp area) (rememeber big spray)] I upgraded with the use of a "Parallel Fuel System" similar to what Andy sells, with mine running on a dedicated WS. Here is a how-to link on my mods which anyone can tackle if they wish, and/or for insight and information. I haven't personally used the ECS system but their reputation speaks well.
C5/Z06 Fuel Sytem Upgrading How-To
Robert

Quick Reply: Racetronic pump went out- Time for a new fuel system