C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dr. Phil?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 11:02 PM
leon.zeus
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dr. Phil?????

I might be buying a car that Dr. Phil put a procharger in about 2500 miles ago, and tuned car. What do you guys hear about his installs and tunes? also no intercooler? i thought all good installers stress intercoolers be installed... anything to look for with prochargers? better then vortechs right? thanks guys...
Old 06-14-2008, 11:39 PM
mdhmi
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Phil does top notch work. He built my entire car (turbos, tune, etc).

I find it *VERY* hard to believe that Phil would recommend a ProCharger to anyone for any reason.

Link to the car?
Old 06-14-2008, 11:42 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

If Phil built a car, I would buy it sight unseen..
Old 06-14-2008, 11:50 PM
gdphillipsvette
Burning Brakes

Phil has the highest rep here on the forum.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:35 AM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

And if anyone has ever talked to him via email, he's got the shortest answers on the forum..

Yup, Nope, Dont Do that, I told you so, Yur an idiot, and Oh gawd you didnt do that did you.....

For some reason he uses ALL of those comments together in every one of my emails.
Originally Posted by gdphillipsvette
Old 06-15-2008, 03:42 AM
Vince99FRC
Safety Car

Originally Posted by American_HP@Total Perf
And if anyone has ever talked to him via email, he's got the shortest answers on the forum..

Yup, Nope, Dont Do that, I told you so, Yur an idiot, and Oh gawd you didnt do that did you.....

For some reason he uses ALL of those comments together in every one of my emails.
LMAO!! I see you have asked him a few questions...
Old 06-15-2008, 06:34 AM
torchvette10
Drifting

HE'S THE BEST!!
Old 06-15-2008, 08:15 AM
RoadRebel
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by leon.zeus
I might be buying a car that Dr. Phil put a procharger in about 2500 miles ago, and tuned car. What do you guys hear about his installs and tunes? also no intercooler? i thought all good installers stress intercoolers be installed... anything to look for with prochargers? better then vortechs right? thanks guys...
Not sure whos car is for sale, but every S/C I have ever done has had an intercooler. Now, whether or not the customer knows it is a different story .

Phil
Old 06-15-2008, 08:54 AM
Ohiostatefan
Racer

Originally Posted by RoadRebel
Not sure whos car is for sale, but every S/C I have ever done has had an intercooler. Now, whether or not the customer knows it is a different story .

Phil
its my car....and it has one...I know its there...it's like Ohio State Football and victory...they both go together! I may have not told the guy but assumed everyone knew that....guess not.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:00 AM
Earl H
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Old 06-15-2008, 09:20 AM
Sponge Vette
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Contributor

You'll get nothing but top quality work from Phil, I've got a stock motor LS1 running in the 10s thanks to Phil. I can tell you from personal experience his support is second to none and takes no short cuts no matter what part of the vehicle he's working on.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:01 AM
ForceFedC5
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

He's the ONLY vendor that I GLADLY take abuse from!
Old 06-15-2008, 10:09 AM
TRIZ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Ohiostatefan
its my car....and it has one...I know its there...it's like Ohio State Football and victory...they both go together! I may have not told the guy but assumed everyone knew that....guess not.

Victory until you play an SEC team!
Old 06-15-2008, 10:50 AM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,085 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadRebel
Phil
That's a long post for Phil!
I don't think he's ever called me an idiot (except behind my back), but he said my posts have too many words.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:39 AM
Earl H
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Vince99FRC
LMAO!! I see you have asked him a few questions...
I'll let you guys in on a little Dr. Phil secret:

He actually says a lot...you just have to listen to what he says!!!!!! Something (listening 5X more than speaking) that a lot of Vette guys have a very difficult time with and have to/had to learn (myself included).

Another hint: Never say, well "my other tuner says...(fill in the blank)" or "I read on the forum..."

Here is too a guy that has never failed to deliver exactly what he says he will deliver (99% of the time more).
Old 06-15-2008, 02:14 PM
Vindication
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gdphillipsvette
When he speaks, they listen. Thats for sure.

Oh man I got my fair share of those.

Originally Posted by Earl H
I'll let you guys in on a little Dr. Phil secret:

He actually says a lot...you just have to listen to what he says!!!!!! Something (listening 5X more than speaking) that a lot of Vette guys have a very difficult time with and have to/had to learn (myself included).

Another hint: Never say, well "my other tuner says...(fill in the blank)" or "I read on the forum..."

Here is too a guy that has never failed to deliver exactly what he says he will deliver (99% of the time more).
Agreed! He's super realistic. I don't know how many times I see shops on the forum promise something to their customer and fail to come through. Not the case with Phil.

All in all, it was a pleasure to work with Phil on my C6TTZ06. This was my first extreme built. He was patient with me though I probably nagged the sh*t out of him at first. I'm very glad he took my project and made it out to be what I wanted and If I had to do this all over again Phil would be the ONLY person I'd go to.

Thanks Phil.
Old 06-15-2008, 04:58 PM
FreddyG
Le Mans Master

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

I'd be a Very Knowledgeable Car Nut if I knew what Dr. Phil forgot!

I've NEVER heard one bad thing about his work!

Get notified of new replies

To Dr. Phil?????

Old 06-15-2008, 05:35 PM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,085 Posts

Hah, last time I was out there to pick up my car, he was spraying weed killer on his lawn.
Is this a motor-head appropriate activity?

Never seen any rusty cars up on blocks in the yard, never seen any beer. No "wife beater" shirt. Makes me wonder if he could possibly know anything.

In contrast to his emails and posts, in person, he dumps so much information that you wish you had a couple of helpers taking notes.

Now why did he come at me threateningly with the weed killer? I couldn't possibly be his most challenging customer, could I?

Hey Phil, got my E-85 fuel system together yet?

Last edited by Warp Factor; 06-15-2008 at 05:42 PM.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:37 PM
HRTBRCR
Drifting

Default hey

I hear phil only works on slow cars ?? any truth to that ?
Old 06-15-2008, 09:57 PM
mdhmi
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Warp Factor
In contrast to his emails and posts, in person, he dumps so much information that you wish you had a couple of helpers taking notes.
He doesn't really do that with me. With me he just says something like 'this time make sure all of the gauges are at least 150 before standing on it' or stop f'ing with the boost controller.

He's great though - even when I had my ProCharger he would drive all the way across town just to help me with a belt swap.

Quick Reply: Dr. Phil?????