C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paxton NOVI 2000 Bro's HELP Please ENTER

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 11:41 PM
ONE BMF
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

This sucks.....I just had another idler go bad... Its squealing like a pig... And I had a dyno set up for tomorrow.... We need a better idler Doug!!!!! WTF!![/QUOTE]
I have already started to process of having some bullet proof bearings custom fabricated by my friends at DAVIS VOSS RACE ENGINES--these guys can fabricate anything(they will also be doing my titanium welding for my stock exhaust mod) They are in Boca Raton Fl and i think they have a solution to our problem--they are a full machine shop and have done some some great work --for example Rick Davis's beast Robert Davis's 63 vette 2000hp and KEN & SCOTT VOSS--these two brothers hold the answer to our problem
Old 03-01-2008, 10:14 AM
chriswtx
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok guys, I took them all off this morning and it wasnt the NAPA bearing. It was the brand new ESC small idler on the sprung tensioner that failed.. Less than 15 miles on it..
Old 03-01-2008, 02:33 PM
chriswtx
Le Mans Master

Just got back from the dyno. I replaced the small tensioner pulley with the original black anodized one the felt fine after 1500 miles.. Stupid NAPA SFK brand one on the manual tensioner on the head unit faild on the first run at 5000rpm and snapped my belt, it feels like it has rocks in it when you spin it by hand...

I'm about ready to rip this off and go TTiX turbos...
Old 03-01-2008, 04:31 PM
ONE BMF
Drifting

Originally Posted by chriswtx
Ok guys, I took them all off this morning and it wasnt the NAPA bearing. It was the brand new ESC small idler on the sprung tensioner that failed.. Less than 15 miles on it..
I just installed the same unit a week ago --that fu@ker better last a long damn time after all the aggravation i have been thru with this BS
Old 03-01-2008, 04:34 PM
ONE BMF
Drifting

Just got back from the dyno. I replaced the small tensioner pulley with the original black anodized one the felt fine after 1500 miles.. Stupid NAPA SFK brand one on the manual tensioner on the head unit faild on the first run at 5000rpm and snapped my belt, it feels like it has rocks in it when you spin it by hand...

I'm about ready to rip this off and go TTiX turbos...
These bearings are FN garbage --its a wonder any of them held up for a long period of time--we need to hear from all paxton owners and how many miles they are getting out of their bearings
Old 03-01-2008, 04:52 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,084 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by ONE BMF

These bearings are FN garbage --its a wonder any of them held up for a long period of time--we need to hear from all paxton owners and how many miles they are getting out of their bearings

We have a call every now and then,(which we send out for free) but for the hundreds of them out there, trust me, this is not common or it would have been well know a long time ago.
Old 03-01-2008, 05:15 PM
ONE BMF
Drifting

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
We have a call every now and then,(which we send out for free) but for the hundreds of them out there, trust me, this is not common or it would have been well know a long time ago.
Thanks Doug --i just need to hear some reassurance that i can trust this system on a daily basis not to mention long road trips We'll see if these bearings from NAPA hold up

Last edited by ONE BMF; 03-07-2008 at 07:59 PM.
Old 03-01-2008, 05:28 PM
blwnc5
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My first one went south after two years, It only made noise not fell apart like the picture, Chris sent me a new one and I put it on and all is good, It is the new one and I put around 1000 miles and it still sounds good, I think if there was a real problem ECS would have taken care of it a long time ago, I'm sure there looking into this as we speak, Good luck.
Old 03-01-2008, 05:36 PM
chriswtx
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Yeah, I just don't get it. I went 1600miles on the previous setup with the old aluminum idlers and 800miles on the new motor and 8 rib on the old aluminum idlers. Changed nothing but to the new steel idlers and can't get 30-100 miles out of them...
Old 03-03-2008, 05:07 PM
ONE BMF
Drifting

Yeah, I just don't get it. I went 1600miles on the previous setup with the old aluminum idlers and 800miles on the new motor and 8 rib on the old aluminum idlers. Changed nothing but to the new steel idlers and can't get 30-100 miles out of them...
I went damn near 10,000 miles on the original idlers
Old 03-04-2008, 05:00 PM
ONE BMF
Drifting

There can only be one explanation -- A BIG DAMN BATCH OF **** BEARINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-04-2008, 05:04 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,096 Likes on 808 Posts

There can only be one explanation -- A BIG DAMN BATCH OF **** BEARINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-04-2008, 05:15 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

Man....I know your pizzed and all, but Doug has said on a few occasions he's gonna handle this as fast as he possibly can..

WE all know the ECS stuff is the BEST there is, but for onlookers, (people who dont know ECS or their rep) they may be swayed away from the best kit on the market, because of the repeated "I Need this fixed NOW" stuff..

WE know what ya mean (as in the forum brothers). But give ECS a chance to make it right even though its not their kit thats the problem, its the bearing in the idler.

No disrespect or harsh tone, just speakin..

I MAY have an idler from one of my KB kits. If I do, I know for a FACT its not part of the bad patch issues. If you need it, (and I can find it) I will be more than happy to send it to you for free to get you back to the track.. Verify with Doug, but I think I saw in another thread, that they were the same idlers. I have already put a call into KB to notify them of the problem..

Doug, would you like me to pull some stock from KB and send them to your guys?? I can verify the build dates to make sure their not part of the same batch..
Old 03-04-2008, 06:32 PM
chriswtx
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by American_HP@Total Perf
I MAY have an idler from one of my KB kits. If I do, I know for a FACT its not part of the bad patch issues. If you need it, (and I can find it) I will be more than happy to send it to you for free to get you back to the track.. Verify with Doug, but I think I saw in another thread, that they were the same idlers. I have already put a call into KB to notify them of the problem..

Hey Jeff, can you post the part number stamped in the rubber seal on the KB idler bearing for us??

Thanks
Old 03-04-2008, 06:36 PM
chriswtx
Le Mans Master

Doug and Chris are working on the problem, give the a few days to get it sorted out..
Old 03-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,084 Posts

I don't think that's the problem, because 3 (?) different brands of the same type of bearing have failed.

I agree with Chriswtx and American_HP though. ECS will figure it out and make it right.

For the record, none of my original ECS idlers have failed at approximately 20K miles, mostly floggin' around town.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:49 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

Will Do...
I just got a few things to get taken care of first.

I also called Chris, and offered a handfull of KB idlers at no charge if they felt they needed them. (He's helped me sooo much it was the least I could do.)
It sounds like they got a pretty good fix right around the corner..

ECS has NEVER left anyone to dry, I sure as h@ll cant see it startin now..
Hey Jeff, can you post the part number stamped in the rubber seal on the KB idler bearing for us??

Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Paxton NOVI 2000 Bro's HELP Please ENTER

Old 03-07-2008, 08:02 PM
ONE BMF
Drifting

Doug and Chris are working on the problem, give the a few days to get it sorted out..
I got faith in them --i'm sure they'll come up with something bulletproff
Old 03-07-2008, 09:37 PM
eb02z06
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08

I got faith in them --i'm sure they'll come up with something bulletproff
They'll figure it out for sure!

Old 03-16-2008, 11:04 AM
C6_blackhawk
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like I'm having the same issue. Mine is at the dealership now. I first thought it was the supercharger bearings... (it still could have been), so I had those replaced, and just reinstalled the SC yesterday, but the sound is still there. Now it sounds like it coming from somewhere else. My guess is that its coming from MULTIPLE locations. From what everyone on this thread has said, my first 2 guesses are manual tensioner on the SC bracket, and the spring loaded tensioner, on the engine block. Let me know if you guys have figured this out, as I don't need the dealership touching my car any longer than they have to. Also, can you remove the manual tensioner on the SC bracket without having to remove the Supercharger itself. I have a Novi 1500 on an LS2 (C6). Thanks a bunch guys!!

-Justin

Quick Reply: Paxton NOVI 2000 Bro's HELP Please ENTER