C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

950 RWHP C6 goes to track

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 08:31 PM
HRTBRCR
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boosted

Lets not forget the weather conditions at the track too...imagine the mph in some nice sept-oct weather.....when this car is all dialed in, it will be very very friggin quick....I would like to see what the other canadian tuners can do
Old 07-11-2006, 09:39 PM
asmokegars
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '03-'06-'07-'08
Default Next Pro-8

The next East Coast Supercharging corvette challenge event that has a Vette Doctors Pro-8 is August 19th @ 4pm in Englishtown, NJ.

For those that might want to try the track or also run brackets which are at all the corvette challenges there is one schedule on July 29th which in addition to bracket racing features a Cartek sponsored 10.0 index race as well which is not exactly ******* it and has become very competitive with a mixture of corvette generation cars.

www.corvettechallenge.info

PS: I don't car what you are running - 147MPH is hauling the mail!!
Old 07-11-2006, 09:55 PM
StreetRacingGuy
Pro

Dang, very defensive....!

I have a full weight 2000 Camaro with 382 that runs 10's on motor alone, pump gas, 4L60E, 17 rims and tires all around, stock 10 bolt with 3.42 gears. I also have a 200 shot that makes it a wee bit faster!!!

Turbo cars are neat, but comeon....all that piping and intercooler in the rear hatch, big cubes big turbo, etc. etc....950 rwhp and it runs 10.8's at 147...I think the mph is nice but on the street, a couple of cars on this forum would crush you (your current setup). Obviously, when you turn up the boost and run better tires, you will do better, but you will also break stuff like everyone else does. To use your power level, you will need TH400 and solid rear, just a reality.

I like your car, but its not real usable in terms of power at this point, 6 speed, IRS, etc...the best ever posted has been 9.51 with a LPE 415 cube TT. It had a unmolseted rear cargo area to boot!

I guess I didn't understand the build...that mush motor, that much power, all teh stuf in the back hatch, and wanting to keep IRS and 6 speed....It would be so much cheaper to build two cars, one fast street car for roll type racing and one dedicated track/quarter mile car that can go 9's or better and not break all the time.

I hope you get to your own personal goal, obviously you have spent a lot of time and money on this project and no matter what it is fast..regardless of how much power, turbo, etc it has!

SRG
Old 07-11-2006, 10:35 PM
Major Spray
Drifting

Originally Posted by billybee8
Hey Paul, thanks for the invitation. I would love to go, give me some times and dates and we'll see if we can make it. It is a bit of a drive for us. We would love to invite you to Cayuga race track in Toronto Motorsports, we'll set the time and date. And let's bring it on! Hopefully for a bragging rights and beers in the end. Canadian beers got's some HP in it.
Billy
Check out the Corvette challenge web page and the ASC site I plan on attending all the PRO 8's And I will attend the ASC events only if I know that there will be someone other then me, Paul Z and Angelo Valla racing. I can't justify the long trips to race the same guys I race in my own backyard.

http://www.racesupercars.com/raceschedule.html

Sorry I can't make the 8/26 race. I have a previous commitment

http://www.corvettechallenge.info/
Old 07-11-2006, 10:47 PM
BADBLACK99
Racer

Originally Posted by BLOWNZO6
You see, this is your problem.

You come on here and brag that you have a car with T101 on it and that it has 950 RWHP... who cares? That makes it a dyno queen.

You took it to the track and have only proven everyone right. The car ran 147 MPH.. GREAT.. 1320' from the starting line it is making great power.

There are turbo and SC cars with 250 less RWHP would make you look like you are sitting still. There are nitrous cars with 350 less HP that would leave the car sitting.

I have had my car to the track once. It ran a 1.59 60' and a 6.86 @ 106.3 MPH in the 1/8th mile. This is an easy 10.50 in the quarter at well over 132 mph. So your car made 15 mph more than mine? Great.. too bad we don't race for who had the higher MPH.

My point is not to be critical of you, but your insistence that you have the best thing since sliced bread and since anyone is questioning you they MUST not know anything about turbos. That is rediculous.

As for your post about putting your money where your mouth is? Please.. you are calling people out with a car that barely ran in the 10.0's. I run on pump gas as well. Most of the cars here are. And for your comment about running drag radials? Please do a search for broken rear ends. Once you get the car dialed in.. you better have a good connection at DTE, because if you insist on running on drag radials you are going to break a lot of parts. This is why most of run on a drag pack, it hooks up better and it is much easier on the car. You have $50k+ to spend on a C6 and probably $20k in a turbo kit, but you refuse to spend $2000 on a tire and wheel setup that will prevent you from breaking parts? I don't get the logic.

This is hard crowd to impress and just coming in and telling us that you and your tuner know all there is to know is not going to get you respect.. put some numbers down to back it up and then no one can say anything!!!
That about somes it up.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:57 PM
mdhmi
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think Nick and SRG summed up my sentiments beautifully.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:02 AM
X-ZZ4
Team Owner

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by BringItOn
This is a stock appearing, stock driving, C6 that runs 147 mph in the quarter it's first time out.
You can't give the guy the props that he is due?

No one is claiming it is a drag car.
It's not even set up for the drags.

If you guys want to get into an ET only conversation,
then I will say this:
If your goal is a strong ET,
start with a solid rear axel car to begin with.

This car is AWESOME because it retains the stock IRS and creature comforts,
AND it runs ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY SEVEN MILES AN HOUR in the quarter.

Good Job.

He's cetainly got my props on his CAR. 147 is hella fast. I just think the guy is an azz for his defensiveness and condescending attitude in this thread.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:40 AM
Phil97SVT
Le Mans Master

Our goal is not to put slicks or drag pack on the car, that would be too easy to run fast. How fast have you gone on a Nitto drag radial or Drag radial. I guess your times were with a tire I assume with a slick.

My 10.0 @ 139 was on a MT ET street with a 346 and 150 shot. I've been high 10s(10.7) in an all motor 346 setup on drag radials with consistent 60's in the 1.5 range. Why did I change? To reduce parts breakage.

I noticed in your post are all negative comments, by the way if you know anything about Turbos or Cars in that fact This is a T101 Turbonetics and at 15 lbs Boost we are just tickling it. Can't wait to go out to the track for the second time.

I know enough about turbos and power under the curve to know that that is not an optimal size for the application. Why don't you try a smaller turbo and see if you guys don't pickup 4-5 mph?

And about it loosing MPH with a slick; You must be smoking some real good stuff right now, Buddy! Feel free to bring the best daily driven street corvettes you've built so we can line 'em up!

You would be the first person I have ever seen go from a drag radial to a slick and not lose MPH. I always thought that when people said that slicks @ 10-12psi have more rolling resistance than a Drag Radial were full of crap.

BTW We are interested of who you are; what do you do? What makes you so knowledgeable about this field? I guess our other Turbo car that ran 8:40 @178; would have a much quicker MPH. In your world? would that be a 250MPH Plus on a Nitto?

We usually see 3-4mph going from ET streets/slicks to Drag radials. The turbo mustang we race in the real street class(drag radials only) usually runs in the 8.1 - 8.4 range @ 175/185 depending on how much the track will hold on drag radials. We usually add a # of boost or so when we switch over to slicks, the car 60's and 330s better but tends to lose a couple of MPH on the big end of the track. The car will ET much better and run similar MPH with a little(1-1.5#) more boost on slicks.

BTW... It really doesn't matter who I am, I've do enough racing so my results will generally speak for themselves.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:56 AM
1FastC61
Racer

Originally Posted by Phil97SVT
Listen since you are such an accomplished racer let's meet up at the track, bring your automatic vette and we will bring our other turbo vette which is automatic and let's see what happen's. You should learn not to be so negative towards peoples accomplishments and give credit where it is due. Then you will see mph and 60'. The c6 [B]6speed pump gas and Nitto's[/B] is very impressive show me who else has come close (video) not fairy tales.

I predict once we put a tire on the c6 if the tranny and diff hold you will see some good et and bigger mph.

Is your turbo vette ready yet Mr. Accomplished racer. Remember we hold the title for the fastest IRS vette from 5 years ago which to this day has not been touched.

And the winner of Keyboard bench racing is U.

At least we go to the track and post our video's and timeslips for our vettes.

Last edited by 1FastC61; 07-12-2006 at 02:01 AM.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:07 AM
moneybags
Intermediate

Dude just listen to the advice.... I mean sure you have the possibilty of having 2000 hp..... wooooooooooooooooooooooooow You sound like a ricer who got his hands on a real mans car
Old 07-12-2006, 10:24 AM
robz
Le Mans Master

Received 154 Likes on 111 Posts

Our goal is not to put slicks or drag pack on the car, that would be too easy to run fast. How fast have you gone on a Nitto drag radial or Drag radial. I guess your times were with a tire I assume with a slick.

I noticed in your post are all negative comments, by the way if you know anything about Turbos or Cars in that fact This is a T101 Turbonetics and at 15 lbs Boost we are just tickling it. Can't wait to go out to the track for the second time.

And about it loosing MPH with a slick; You must be smoking some real good stuff right now, Buddy! Feel free to bring the best daily driven street corvettes you've built so we can line 'em up!

BTW We are interested of who you are; what do you do? What makes you so knowledgeable about this field? I guess our other Turbo car that ran 8:40 @178; would have a much quicker MPH. In your world? would that be a 250MPH Plus on a Nitto?
I must have missed where phil was so rude as to warrant your response. Anyway, nice shakedown runs. I think this also proves how hard it is to drive a stick car on the track with so much hp regardless of tire. As far as the mph alot depends on the launch, track conditions,hp. I often get slightly higher mph on dr than slicks.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:29 AM
bernrex
Safety Car

I'm not impressed with 1/8 mile tracks. Post 1/4 mile runs ... which are the true measure of a car.

Not saying it doesn't help to look at the split times/speeds ... but, stopping at the 660 mark is like having a premature ejaculation event.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:36 AM
robz
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 1FastC61
Listen since you are such an accomplished racer let's meet up at the track, bring your automatic vette and we will bring our other turbo vette which is automatic and let's see what happen's. You should learn not to be so negative towards peoples accomplishments and give credit where it is due. Then you will see mph and 60'. The c6 [B]6speed pump gas and Nitto's[/B] is very impressive show me who else has come close (video) not fairy tales.

I predict once we put a tire on the c6 if the tranny and diff hold you will see some good et and bigger mph.

Is your turbo vette ready yet Mr. Accomplished racer. Remember we hold the title for the fastest IRS vette from 5 years ago which to this day has not been touched.

Come to a pro 8 or Pro 10 at Englishtown, NJ. Its somewhere in the middle for you guys. We would all love to see your cars run. Plus you'll be in the mix with some of the quickest street vettes around.
Also, when the weather gets cold in toronto in the fall, running a nitto dr on a cold track is a deathwish and surely you will run slower than 10.8.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:06 AM
BringItOn
Cruising

Originally Posted by StreetRacingGuy
I guess I didn't understand the build...that mush motor, that much power, all teh stuf in the back hatch, and wanting to keep IRS and 6 speed....It would be so much cheaper to build two cars, one fast street car for roll type racing and one dedicated track/quarter mile car that can go 9's or better and not break all the time.
I COMPLETELY agree that having BOTH a Street car,
AND a solid axel Drag car,
is the way to go.

But,
I would like to run a reliable low boost forced induction system on a C6 and NOT break anything.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:07 PM
Jerseyboy
Racer

The c6 [B]6speed pump gas and Nitto's[/B] is very impressive show me who else has come close (video) not fairy tales.
I know of one C5 that has been in the 9's with a 6 speed, on DRs. Video still has to be downloaded from the camera but the timeslip does exist and can be scanned... Talk to TurboZ06... Been there, done that.

Impressive MPH though...

Jersey
Old 07-12-2006, 02:22 PM
Phil97SVT
Le Mans Master

If you want respect, go single digits with drag radials and a 6 speed. End of Story.

Just FYI if memory serves me correctly
You've been 10.8 @ 147 on drag radials - Huge Turbo && Stroker

Ranger has been 11.2 on drag radials bone stock

Some guy from Cartek has been 10.7 on drag radials H & C only stock bottom end

There is a Yellow C6 in Tx that has been 10.2-10.3 on drag radials Procharged and possibly nitrous.

Please keep us in the loop when you add slicks and how your MPH changes with nothing changed and same boost.
*** Corrected the ET

Last edited by Phil97SVT; 07-12-2006 at 09:40 PM.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:00 PM
robz
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Phil97SVT
If you want respect, go single digits with drag radials and a 6 speed. End of Story.

Just FYI if memory serves me correctly
You've been 10.8 @ 147 on drag radials - Huge Turbo && Stroker

Ranger has been 11.2 on drag radials bone stock

Some guy from Cartek has been 10.9 on drag radials H & C only

There is a Yellow C6 in Tx that has been 10.2-10.3 on drag radials Procharged and possibly nitrous.

Please keep us in the loop when you add slicks and how your MPH changes with nothing changed and same boost.
10.7x with h/c and drag radials. I think we'll see 10.6x on dr this fall.

Get notified of new replies

To 950 RWHP C6 goes to track

Old 07-12-2006, 11:12 PM
1FastC61
Racer

Originally Posted by StreetRacingGuy
Dang, very defensive....!

I have a full weight 2000 Camaro with 382 that runs 10's on motor alone, pump gas, 4L60E, 17 rims and tires all around, stock 10 bolt with 3.42 gears. I also have a 200 shot that makes it a wee bit faster!!!

Turbo cars are neat, but comeon....all that piping and intercooler in the rear hatch, big cubes big turbo, etc. etc....950 rwhp and it runs 10.8's at 147...I think the mph is nice but on the street, a couple of cars on this forum would crush you (your current setup). Obviously, when you turn up the boost and run better tires, you will do better, but you will also break stuff like everyone else does. To use your power level, you will need TH400 and solid rear, just a reality.

I like your car, but its not real usable in terms of power at this point, 6 speed, IRS, etc...the best ever posted has been 9.51 with a LPE 415 cube TT. It had a unmolseted rear cargo area to boot!

I hope you get to your own personal goal, obviously you have spent a lot of time and money on this project and no matter what it is fast..regardless of how much power, turbo, etc it has!

SRG
I do have two car's the 6 speed c6 is my daily driver and the c4 turbo, automatic solid axle is street/track car.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:15 PM
1FastC61
Racer

Originally Posted by robz
10.7x with h/c and drag radials. I think we'll see 10.6x on dr this fall.
You completely missed the point. This was done on an 18" NITTO not a BFG or M/T which are real (good) drag radials and also not a 15" or 16" and do the math what 147mph is and we are barely even getting the turbo into it's compressor map.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:19 PM
1FastC61
Racer

Just for the sake of proving a point I am going to put my ccw drag pack on the car and see what happens. Same boost same everything. After that I plan on putting some good fuel in it and turning up the wick.

Quick Reply: 950 RWHP C6 goes to track