C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 to LS2 Conversion Harnesses

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 03:16 AM
Racetronix
Supporting Vendor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Default LS1 to LS2 Conversion Harnesses

Please see our new cam sensor adapter harness

and our knock sensor relocation harness

Thank you.

Last edited by Racetronix; 08-02-2005 at 08:14 PM.
Old 07-30-2005, 09:49 AM
babala65
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice idea, but I made both of my harness for under $3.00
Old 07-30-2005, 09:55 AM
Z06Convert
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, it might be a simple task for some, but don't put down a vendor for trying to offer a simple solution to something that might not seem so easy for some people.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:23 AM
Tony @ MPH
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I agree... those harnesses look pretty high quality. Nice stuff.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:28 AM
R6_C5_CLS55
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Racetronix,

I went to your site to buy these but when I clicked on the link that allows you to buy both of them, the price comes up as $69.98. The individual prices are listed at 29.99 for the knock kit and 24.99 for the cam kit, for a total of 54.98. Where does the extra 15.00 come from? Shipping and handling as listed at $0.00. I did not think it was shipping since it shouldn't even be close to 15.00. Then I thought maybe it was Canadian dollars, but is says USD.

Edit: Okay I went back to the web site and clicked on the option to buy each one individually and I see that the 15.00 is for shipping and handling. If you buy them separately for whatever reason, you will get the 15.00 charge for S&H twice. I could not see the shipping and handling charge listed on the page where you order both (cam and knock) together because the description of what you are ordering is cut off and the shipping and handling note is there and not where it actually says shipping. I just shipped a relatively heavy ATI F1R head unit from Texas to New Jersey for $20 with $3000 in insurance. Why is the shipping so costly? Is this overnight?

--Sean

Last edited by R6_C5_CLS55; 07-30-2005 at 10:35 AM.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:58 AM
Shinobi'sZ
Le Mans Master

Received 440 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06Convert
Yeah, it might be a simple task for some, but don't put down a vendor for trying to offer a simple solution to something that might not seem so easy for some people.

I didn't think he was putting down the vendor until you mentioned it. It's nice for other's to be able to see that there is an economical solution for those more talented, or time to do it.

I already had some experience doing this when I helped Andy out on his motor going into his old C6. It really is no big deal.

But there is nothing wrong with somebody coming up with easy PNP parts. In contrast, just because somebody points out that they can do it for $3.00 does not mean they are bashing the vendor for producing something that does the same thing for $65.00. It's just FYI.
Old 07-30-2005, 02:28 PM
Racetronix
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by babala65
Great, so start your own thread and advertise your offerings there but not here.

The material cost for our harnesses is above $3.00 esp for the knock sensor relocation harness. Silver / Teflon wire and FB loom is not cheap.
Old 07-30-2005, 02:37 PM
Racetronix
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by R6_C5_ML430
Racetronix,

I went to your site to buy these but when I clicked on the link that allows you to buy both of them, the price comes up as $69.98. The individual prices are listed at 29.99 for the knock kit and 24.99 for the cam kit, for a total of 54.98. Where does the extra 15.00 come from? Shipping and handling as listed at $0.00. I did not think it was shipping since it shouldn't even be close to 15.00. Then I thought maybe it was Canadian dollars, but is says USD.

Edit: Okay I went back to the web site and clicked on the option to buy each one individually and I see that the 15.00 is for shipping and handling. If you buy them separately for whatever reason, you will get the 15.00 charge for S&H twice. I could not see the shipping and handling charge listed on the page where you order both (cam and knock) together because the description of what you are ordering is cut off and the shipping and handling note is there and not where it actually says shipping. I just shipped a relatively heavy ATI F1R head unit from Texas to New Jersey for $20 with $3000 in insurance. Why is the shipping so costly? Is this overnight?

--Sean
We are in Toronto and the minimum charge is for 0.5Kg and $100.00 insurance via Priority mail with tracking is $15.00US. There are other shipping methods but they are much slower and don't offer tracking. We will look into some pre-paid Priority envelopes as they may be cheaper. The combined price is correct w/ shipping as well as the part numbers shown in the checkout RX-C5-CSAH and RX-C5-KSRH.

Thunder Racing should have these in stock late this coming week. Shipping from their location in LA would be much cheaper if you can wait the extra few days.
Old 07-30-2005, 02:40 PM
Eric Hawkins
Racer

So you use the LS2 knock sensor or the LS1 knock sensor?
Old 07-31-2005, 03:08 AM
Racetronix
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Eric Hawkins
So you use the LS2 knock sensor or the LS1 knock sensor?
LS1 sensor is used.

LS1 Sensor Description
This knock sensor (KS) system uses one or 2 broadband one-wire sensors. The sensor uses piezo-electric crystal technology that produces an AC voltage signal of varying amplitude and frequency based on the engine vibration, or noise, level. The amplitude and frequency are dependant upon the level of knock that the KS detects. The control module receives the KS signal through a signal circuit. The KS ground is supplied by the engine block through the sensor housing.

One way the control module monitors the system is by output of a bias voltage on the KS signal wire. The bias voltage creates a voltage drop that the control module monitors and uses to help diagnose KS faults. The KS noise signal rides along this bias voltage, and due to the constantly fluctuating frequency and amplitude of the signal, will always be outside of the bias voltage parameters.

Another way the control module monitors the system is by learning the average normal noise output from the KS. The control module learns a minimum noise level, or background noise, at idle from the KS and uses calibrated values for the rest of the RPM range. The control module uses the minimum noise level to calculate a noise channel. The control module uses this noise channel, and the KS signal that rides along the noise channel, in much the same way as the bias voltage type does. As engine speed and load change, the noise channel upper and lower parameters will change to accommodate the normal KS signal.

In order to determine which cylinders are knocking, the control module only uses KS signal information when each cylinder is near top dead center (TDC) of the firing stroke. If the control module has determined that knock is present, it will retard the ignition timing to attempt to eliminate the knock. The control module will always try to work back to a zero compensation level, or no spark retard. An abnormal KS signal will fall within the noise channel or will not be present. KS diagnostics are calibrated to detect faults with the KS circuitry inside the control module, the KS wiring, or the KS voltage output.

LS2 Sensor Description
This knock sensor (KS) system uses one or 2 flat response 2-wire sensors. The sensor uses piezo-electric crystal technology that produces an AC voltage signal of varying amplitude and frequency based on the engine vibration or noise level. The control module receives the KS signal through a signal circuit. The KS ground is supplied by the control module through a low reference circuit.

The control module learns a minimum noise level, or background noise, at idle from the KS and uses calibrated values for the rest of the RPM range. The control module uses the minimum noise level to calculate a noise channel. A normal KS signal will ride within the noise channel. As engine speed and load change, the noise channel upper and lower parameters will change to accommodate the normal KS signal, keeping the signal within the channel. In order to determine which cylinders are knocking, the control module only uses KS signal information when each cylinder is near top dead center (TDC) of the firing stroke. If knock is present, the signal will range outside of the noise channel.

If the control module has determined that knock is present, it will retard the ignition timing to attempt to eliminate the knock. The control module will always try to work back to a zero compensation level, or no spark retard. An abnormal KS signal will stay outside of the noise channel or will not be present. KS diagnostics are calibrated to detect faults with the KS circuitry inside the control module, the KS wiring, or the KS voltage output. Some diagnostics are also calibrated to detect constant noise from an outside influence such as a loose/damaged component or excessive engine mechanical noise.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:54 AM
Earl H
Melting Slicks

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Racetronix

Please see our new cam sensor adapter harness

and our knock sensor relocation harness

Thank you.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:36 AM
Shinobi'sZ
Le Mans Master

Received 440 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by Racetronix
LS1 sensor is used.

LS1 Sensor Description
This knock sensor (KS) system uses one or 2 broadband one-wire sensors. The sensor uses piezo-electric crystal technology that produces an AC voltage signal of varying amplitude and frequency based on the engine vibration, or noise, level. The amplitude and frequency are dependant upon the level of knock that the KS detects. The control module receives the KS signal through a signal circuit. The KS ground is supplied by the engine block through the sensor housing.

One way the control module monitors the system is by output of a bias voltage on the KS signal wire. The bias voltage creates a voltage drop that the control module monitors and uses to help diagnose KS faults. The KS noise signal rides along this bias voltage, and due to the constantly fluctuating frequency and amplitude of the signal, will always be outside of the bias voltage parameters.

Another way the control module monitors the system is by learning the average normal noise output from the KS. The control module learns a minimum noise level, or background noise, at idle from the KS and uses calibrated values for the rest of the RPM range. The control module uses the minimum noise level to calculate a noise channel. The control module uses this noise channel, and the KS signal that rides along the noise channel, in much the same way as the bias voltage type does. As engine speed and load change, the noise channel upper and lower parameters will change to accommodate the normal KS signal.

In order to determine which cylinders are knocking, the control module only uses KS signal information when each cylinder is near top dead center (TDC) of the firing stroke. If the control module has determined that knock is present, it will retard the ignition timing to attempt to eliminate the knock. The control module will always try to work back to a zero compensation level, or no spark retard. An abnormal KS signal will fall within the noise channel or will not be present. KS diagnostics are calibrated to detect faults with the KS circuitry inside the control module, the KS wiring, or the KS voltage output.

LS2 Sensor Description
This knock sensor (KS) system uses one or 2 flat response 2-wire sensors. The sensor uses piezo-electric crystal technology that produces an AC voltage signal of varying amplitude and frequency based on the engine vibration or noise level. The control module receives the KS signal through a signal circuit. The KS ground is supplied by the control module through a low reference circuit.

The control module learns a minimum noise level, or background noise, at idle from the KS and uses calibrated values for the rest of the RPM range. The control module uses the minimum noise level to calculate a noise channel. A normal KS signal will ride within the noise channel. As engine speed and load change, the noise channel upper and lower parameters will change to accommodate the normal KS signal, keeping the signal within the channel. In order to determine which cylinders are knocking, the control module only uses KS signal information when each cylinder is near top dead center (TDC) of the firing stroke. If knock is present, the signal will range outside of the noise channel.

If the control module has determined that knock is present, it will retard the ignition timing to attempt to eliminate the knock. The control module will always try to work back to a zero compensation level, or no spark retard. An abnormal KS signal will stay outside of the noise channel or will not be present. KS diagnostics are calibrated to detect faults with the KS circuitry inside the control module, the KS wiring, or the KS voltage output. Some diagnostics are also calibrated to detect constant noise from an outside influence such as a loose/damaged component or excessive engine mechanical noise.

Worthy description.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:17 AM
Racetronix
Supporting Vendor

ttt
Old 08-04-2005, 09:15 AM
Racetronix
Supporting Vendor

ttt
Old 08-11-2005, 10:51 PM
bogielake
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Please confirm that the cam sensor wire swap has been done in your harness. I believe the (2) outside wires (of the 3) need to get swapped to make the LS-2 work with LS-1 PCM.

Also do you have a LS2 90 MM TB harness kit for the C5's?

Brad
Old 08-12-2005, 12:07 AM
Racetronix
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by bogielake
Please confirm that the cam sensor wire swap has been done in your harness. I believe the (2) outside wires (of the 3) need to get swapped to make the LS-2 work with LS-1 PCM.

Also do you have a LS2 90 MM TB harness kit for the C5's?

Brad
Yes, the cam sensor harness incorporates the swap.

We will have a FULLY PnP LS1 to LS2 TB adapter hopefully within 4-6 weeks. Prototypes are done.

We can provide the LS2 TB connector with flying leads in the interim.

Last edited by Racetronix; 08-12-2005 at 12:18 AM.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:32 AM
Andy@A&ACorvette
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 202 Likes on 125 Posts

I was ( I believe) the first to do the LS2 to LS1 conversion. I put the 427 in my C6 last year. I got the wiring schematics for both and figured out how to wire it. It was sort of a crap shoot. I had no idea if it would work or not, but I had to try it. I cut and spliced my own harnesses and made it work. It cost me almost nothing.
If you're contemplating swapping from LS2 to LS1 or vice versa, you are making a major investment. I have done a few of them and they work out great. The next one I do will have Racetronix harnesses on it. I'm not going to try to save $50 on a $10,000 job when that $50 will give me a clean, foolproof installation. Plug N Play is way better than Cut N Solder. Just my $.02

Get notified of new replies

To LS1 to LS2 Conversion Harnesses

Old 08-13-2005, 03:13 PM
blackTexas6
Racer

Originally Posted by babala65

hmmmm i spend 45k on a super car...

i think i can afford $60.00 for someone elses time to put together a nice out of the box solution.

pat yourself on the back for saving $57.00
Old 08-13-2005, 03:19 PM
blackTexas6
Racer

Originally Posted by Andy@AandACorvette
I was ( I believe) the first to do the LS2 to LS1 conversion. I put the 427 in my C6 last year. I got the wiring schematics for both and figured out how to wire it. It was sort of a crap shoot. I had no idea if it would work or not, but I had to try it. I cut and spliced my own harnesses and made it work. It cost me almost nothing.
If you're contemplating swapping from LS2 to LS1 or vice versa, you are making a major investment. I have done a few of them and they work out great. The next one I do will have Racetronix harnesses on it. I'm not going to try to save $50 on a $10,000 job when that $50 will give me a clean, foolproof installation. Plug N Play is way better than Cut N Solder. Just my $.02
are you going to a 4" crank on most of these swaps?
Old 08-18-2005, 04:11 AM
Racetronix
Supporting Vendor

ttt

Racetronix
sales@racetronix.com
C4 Fuel Pump Systems, C5 Fuel Pump Systems, High Impedance Injectors > 60# F/M, 57# F/M, 50# F/M, 42#, 37#, 32#, 28#, 32#, 24#
Please check our web page for low impedance flow-matched injectors from Siemens and Delphi ranging from 55-95lb/hr.

Quick Reply: LS1 to LS2 Conversion Harnesses